PDA

View Full Version : Animate Dead MAL Formula explained by Querthose

Fallen
10-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Taken from the official boards. MAL stands for Maximum Animatable Level (I think)

----

For those of you who missed the Workshop tonight, here is the MAL formula.

Keep in mind that your MAL is modified by your troll blood and crystals. This presumes your own crystals. It also presumes troll king blood and a sorcerer who has enough necro ranks to use it properly. Finally, it presumes that the level of your animate is above the mid 50's. Every 10 trains or so below 63 there is a bonus for your MAL of 1. So from -6 to -3 for a creature in its 30's. I haven't tested this for sorcerers with necromancy training, however. I just know it holds for those without. You can use this formula to estimate your MAL, however, even if you're low train and using TK blood.

MAL = {(Necro Ranks-20)/5}-10

Take that number and add it to your current level for the maximum level you can animate.

So, for example, you're a level 55 Necromancer with 55 ranks in Necromancy.

MAL ={(55-20)/5}-10

MAL =(35/5)-10

MAL = 7-10

MAL =-3

Level Plus MAL = Max Animation Level

55+-3 = Max Animation Level

52 = Max Animation Level

MAL works on a range from -10 (with absolutely no necromancy training and no blood bonus for using blood of a significantly higher level than your animate) to 26 (for a full 2x in Necromancy at cap with Troll King blood).

Now, while doing this, you also need to be able to test the level of a particular creature. If the creature is NOT BCS, all creatures of that type will have the same level, so there is no need. Troll Kings and Harbingers are good examples. If the creature IS BCS, the creature levels will vary (you'll notice variations in TD and AS among members of BCS creature types). So if your Maximum Animation Level is 42, and you're hunting Shan, most of them will be 42. But some will be less, or, more importantly, above level 42. To ensure you're not trying to animate a creature beyond your means, cast 711 at the creature, then cast 703. Record the TDs. Then use the following formula to calculate the creature's level:

(711 TD - 703 TD) = (Wisdom Bonus -1) + (Level Difference)

So say you cast 711 at a creature and get a 189 TD. Then you cast 703 at that same creature and get a 144. Your wisdom is 100 as a Dark Elf, so your bonus is 30.

(189-144) = (30-1) + (Level Difference)

45 = 29 + Level Difference

45-29= Level Difference

16 = Level Difference

Merely subtract the level difference from your own train. In this case, we'll say your train was 42. So the creature in question was actually 42-16, or 26.

Note, common belief is that the equation is actually TD Difference = Wisdom Bonus + Level Difference. The people who came up with this tested on players and not on creatures. For some reason, creature level 0 is calculated differently than player level 0. The equation I gave is the accurate one for testing creature level.

Full Guide will be out in a few days. It'll go over EVERYTHING about Animate Dead you could ever want to know (That we actually know). I'll be updating it as more information comes along.

Jesse, Querthose's player