PDA

View Full Version : More Empath Training questions

AbnInfamy
10-03-2005, 04:08 AM
Ok, I started my new empath. I mean for him to be a pure caster, but as a low level character I'm using two handed swords.

I'm closing in on the level 10 cap for stat reassignments and fast mitigation. My question is, what stat changes should I be looking at to be a competent pure bone shatter/empathy caster.

Now enough lead in, main question. What should I be doing to maximize my survivability? I know I should bump my agility, dex, wis, and influence high for a solid bolt AS/DS and CS. But should I sacrifice my other stats to max out my Mental Training Points? ie 20 con, 50 str, etc to come up with about a 40/53 point spread?

Oh yeah, and how many levels apart can two people be before the lower stops gaining exp while hunting?

Thanks!
PS. I know I'll have trouble frying but I'm not that worried about it since I always have a hunting partner.

[Edited on 10-3-2005 by AbnInfamy]

Killer Kitten
10-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Use a spreadsheet to calculate all that stuff. I haven't played in over a year, so I'm not sure how and when options like skill migration and stat reallocation come into play.

I do know that being a pure caster can get a bit boring and that empaths are easy to diversify. You might want to consider mixing your character up a bit, so he has physical fighting skills as well as casting ability.

Good luck, and have fun.

Jolena
10-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Brawling FTW bebe :cheers:

Gan
10-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Brawling, shield, spell aiming, and voln-fu. Gives you so many different attack options to be justified being called a war-path.

I'm a fan of the theory to set your stats for max training points instead of max CS or any other individual trait. Remember physical abilities (and stat enhanced abilities) are also largely dependant on what race your empath is. Dont expect a giantkin empath to be light on their feet... and conversely dont expect a halfling empath to be muscle bound mutant.

Play with the spreadsheet for calculating training on tsoran's website (http://www.tsoran.com) and play around with stat placement with regards to total training points, you'll find a combination that you'll be happy with given a little effort and time spent on some calculation scenarios.

I've got the numbers for a sylvan empath and some snapshots of training/stat/and abilities from a lvl 100 perspective if you want them. U2U me if so.

AbnInfamy
10-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Ok, well I had a dwarf but to hell with him. I couldn't get that bastard to swing faster than 6 seconds.

Well, in order to make my half elven, Claid swining empath I had to sacrifice my discipline (30) and constitution (20). Now is having such a low disc going to effect me, I know the con is negligible seeing as I don't train in combat maneuvers.

Looking at it now I figure I'll swing into my 30s and then switch over to predominant casting (I double SA/HP, and 2x spells.

I think the brawl/shield route is just a bit too costly for me. I always meant to lean heavily on magic too, but wanted an empath that could knock things down and help my rogue partner.

Czeska
10-04-2005, 07:55 AM
My empath ditched Voln for CoL a long time ago. She heals and bolts, and the AS boost/staunching/sign of healing.. I wouldn't want to live without it for her style.

Kembal
10-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by AbnInfamy
Ok, well I had a dwarf but to hell with him. I couldn't get that bastard to swing faster than 6 seconds.

Well, in order to make my half elven, Claid swining empath I had to sacrifice my discipline (30) and constitution (20). Now is having such a low disc going to effect me, I know the con is negligible seeing as I don't train in combat maneuvers.

Looking at it now I figure I'll swing into my 30s and then switch over to predominant casting (I double SA/HP, and 2x spells.

I think the brawl/shield route is just a bit too costly for me. I always meant to lean heavily on magic too, but wanted an empath that could knock things down and help my rogue partner.

A low DIS will be a problem once Minor Mental comes out and they release creatures with those spells, if I remember correctly. DIS is supposed to be the mental TD stat? (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Otherwise, I can't think of an effect.