PDA

View Full Version : pure hunt rogue skills....any comments?

Andrath
09-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Andrath (at level 29), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 162 62
Shield Use.........................| 120 30
Combat Maneuvers...................| 162 62
Edged Weapons......................| 162 62
Ambush.............................| 162 62
Physical Fitness...................| 120 30
Dodging............................| 168 68
Harness Power......................| 15 3
Stalking and Hiding................| 160 60
Perception.........................| 160 60
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 50 10

and i dont need negative comments on PF redux..if you cant see me, you cant hit me..besides look at that dodge...oh...

Andrath, your Combat Maneuver training is as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Shadow Mastery smastery 4
Specialization I wspec1 3
Combat Mobility mobility 1
Surge of Strength surge 4

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 1

[Edited on 9-30-2005 by Andrath]

Drew
09-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Not much to say here, but for someone who wants to be really hidden you're only 2xing hiding.

Andrath
09-30-2005, 07:51 PM
yea, 2x hiding with mastery and my dodge is over 2x...i overhunt about 5 levels without spells and about 10-15 with... 303 off hunt AS and 453 assassin AS...wearing 5x hauberk with a 5x shield and 2x heavily crit weighted handaxe

Gan
09-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Asassin AS? WTF is that? I see no archery to combine with hiding for an asassin shot.. I see no silent strike CMAN for a strike from the shadows... you must mean thug AS where you leap out with a strike using a blue crystal and possibly COL signs.

I think you put way too much faith into dodging, especially since you're wearing armor heavier than brig. You say that you dont need PF/redux because what they cant see they cant hit, and yet you've only 2x stalking/hiding. When you get older and start hunting critters that have fully developed abilities you're going to have your ass handed to you with that mindset. I learned that the hard way with my rogue, who's now 76.

Since ambushing from hiding uses no perception (only ambushing from the open), I'd put those points elsewhere, like more hiding/stalking first, then residual in physical training. I'd 1x armor and use those points as mentioned in the previous sentence. Stop at 80 ranks and find a nice comfortable set of mbp so when you do get hit, you can still remain standing. If its an asasassassassassassin that you want to be then revise the whole thing for archery so you can shoot arrows and bolts from complete hiding or add cman silent strike to your cman inventory an keep the OHE training.

Or you can always ditch the hiding, and swing a 2HE or go the 2Weapon route.

Good luck with your current TP, and be thankful that you're given a fixskills every 365 days.

Himmy
09-30-2005, 08:14 PM
You definitely need some empath spells there. Go for bone shatter!

Drew
09-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon

Since ambushing from hiding uses no perception (only ambushing from the open), I'd put those points elsewhere

Well, it affects how well you hit what you are aiming for which is pretty important in my mind. My ranger 2x's this but he swings THWs which are a bit harder to aim.

Other than that everything Ganalon says is right. My ranger 2x's hiding but he's got 601, 617 and 618 to add to it, rogues only get the rogue profession bonus which isn't near as good.

Jolena
09-30-2005, 08:59 PM
hmm..as for redux, I used to think with my pure hunting rogue that PF 1x was enough. And it did give me some decent dux but not near as good as I'm getting now with 1.5x. I'd suggest as a person who follows basically the same path you do with skills (more or less that is, I do have some differences) that you get some more PF soon.

Here's my rogue's skills at 56:

(at level 56), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 120 30
Shield Use.........................| 172 72
Combat Maneuvers...................| 214 114
Edged Weapons......................| 216 116
Ambush.............................| 215 115
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 130 35
Physical Fitness...................| 174 74
Dodging............................| 214 114
Arcane Symbols.....................| 105 25
Magic Item Use.....................| 105 25
Harness Power......................| 10 2
Survival...........................| 114 28
Stalking and Hiding................| 214 114
Perception.........................| 214 114
Climbing...........................| 120 30
Swimming...........................| 120 30
First Aid..........................| 117 29
Training Points: 0 Phy 80 Mnt (244 Mnt converted to Phy)

The #'s are a bit sloppy, normally I'm anal about making them all look good but I train intermittently so that's why it looks like this.

I am in the process of trying to get to 1.75x in PF and as you can see, I added a load to MOC, Scroll reading and MIU for my own benefit as well as spell burst.

Jolena, your Combat Maneuver training is as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Combat Movement cmovement 2
Shadow Mastery smastery 5
Feint feint 5
Side by Side sidebyside 5
Surge of Strength surge 3

I'm also a master of COL so that helps my AS as well. 7x dual-flaring falchion, 9x shield, FGB armor.

Artha
09-30-2005, 10:57 PM
If you're pure hunting, go THW. Drop dodge to 2 or even 1x and perception to 1x and use those points to beef up PF and hiding.