PDA

View Full Version : Ysbail=nice

GarrsSoul
10-06-2003, 06:24 PM
* Dnus just bit the dust!
>
* Sadeeki just bit the dust!
>
* Havelok is off to a rough start! He just bit the dust!
>

* Gorde was just vaporized!

>
* Gorde just bit the dust!
>

Announcement: I've just rezzed all dead.

>
* Gorde just bit the dust!
>

Announcement: We rezzed the dead because our game is reporting to us that it is lagging.
>ond
Staff on duty:
GameMaster Ysbail

Xcalibur
10-06-2003, 06:25 PM
guilty by association

you don't see all gm with who all, often they are "hidden" (or so i was told)

CrystalTears
10-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Yeah right. Just because she was listed as on duty staff doesn't mean she was the one who enforced that. Personally, she needs to take her armpit launcher out the door. Now.

GarrsSoul
10-06-2003, 06:27 PM
your right....that is true...but anyways, im assuming that's who is giving that announcement...

apparently its safe to die right now because im guessing you'll be raised with no penalty...they just did it again.

Xcalibur
10-06-2003, 06:29 PM
3 times now they raised back, i think they should just put the game back on when the lag is ok..?

Xcalibur
10-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Announcement: OK...going to try to explain this in a non-geeky fashion. Wish me luck! When we changed ISPs, the IP addresses for our website and games and stuff changed. We update that information to send out to other areas every 5 minutes, but some ISPs don't update their info as frequently (some do it once per hour, some once per day). So...until the entire world recalibrates their DNS Lookup Tables (some computery-numbery-addressy thingermajig), some folks may not be able to log in to our games or website. Of course, telling you this is silly, since you're already here, but I thought I would share it anyway. Thanks for listening. I feel a lot better now.

>report who is "I" anyway?

Announcement: In reponse to reports: I = Melissa Meyer, Producer

[Edited on 6-10-03 by Xcalibur]

GarrsSoul
10-06-2003, 06:38 PM
this was just said for those of you who cant get into game:

Announcement: OK...going to try to explain this in a non-geeky fashion. Wish me luck! When we changed ISPs, the IP addresses for our website and games and stuff changed. We update that information to send out to other areas every 5 minutes, but some ISPs don't update their info as frequently (some do it once per hour, some once per day). So...until the entire world recalibrates their DNS Lookup Tables (some computery-numbery-addressy thingermajig), some folks may not be able to log in to our games or website. Of course, telling you this is silly, since you're already here, but I thought I would share it anyway. Thanks for listening. I feel a lot better now.

GarrsSoul
10-06-2003, 06:39 PM
oh and also...turns out the person giving these announcements saw my post or something and corrected me:

GarrsSoul
10-06-2003, 06:40 PM
damn you Xcalibur

Parkbandit
10-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by GarrsSoul
oh and also...turns out the person giving these announcements saw my post or something and corrected me:

Yes, Melissa had nothing better to do than to read Garr's posting on an unofficial message board and felt it necessary to go back into the game and announce it.

:bouncy:

[Edited on 10-6-2003 by Parkbandit]

CrystalTears
10-06-2003, 06:43 PM

You crack me up. :lol:

GarrsSoul
10-06-2003, 06:51 PM
heh, so I'm an idiot, I can have my dreams, can't I???

Parkbandit
10-06-2003, 08:43 PM
heh, so I'm an idiot, I can have my dreams, can't I???

At least I didn't have to say it. :smug: