PDA

View Full Version : Pure locksmith...

nocturnix
09-27-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm sure some of you out there have pure smiths. Theyre pretty nifty.

Mine is 15 trains, has up to 405 I think.

With his good pick, he can pick level 44 boxes.

Thats around -500 boxes, think his trap record is -120 or -150 I'd have to check.

I just use him to pick my other char's boxes. With the left over training points I'm trying to keep hiding and pickpocket maxed so I can be a teef too!

Anyone else have a pure smith out there? Tell us about him!

Kitsun
09-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Archer and locksmith combination works pretty well. My picker was able to start picking OTF stuff in the late 60s.

Gan
09-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Picker, OHE. 18k points away from 76.

Most difficult lock picked: -1115
Most difficult trap disarmed: -440

Spells to 404.

With the ability to wedge, I can get 99% of OTF boxes that I get with my other character. No complaints at all. I couldnt be a pure picker with no other ability though, thats just a waste if you ask me.

Parkbandit
09-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Pure locksmith characters are for sissies.

If you aren't combat/thief.. then you suck as a rogue.

That is all.

nocturnix
09-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Thats just like, your opinion...man.

I happen to like my pure smith, he's obviously not my main character, I hunt with my sorcerer mostly and some with my cleric. But my pure smith is fun because he can pick so damn well for his age people get confused when they find out he's 15 trains.

I agree he is a sissy, he cant swing a sword and killing him would be a joke to almost anyone...but he has his uses, and skills.

nocturnix
09-28-2005, 04:57 PM
whoops, sorry for the dual post

Himmy
09-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

That is all.

You win.

Parkbandit
09-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

That is all.

Originally posted by nocturnix
Thats just like, your opinion...man.

I happen to like my pure smith, he's obviously not my main character, I hunt with my sorcerer mostly and some with my cleric. But my pure smith is fun because he can pick so damn well for his age people get confused when they find out he's 15 trains.

I agree he is a sissy, he cant swing a sword and killing him would be a joke to almost anyone...but he has his uses, and skills.

That seems to be your opinion as well.

:shrug:

Chaddy
09-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Most difficult lock picked: -665
Most difficult trap disarmed: -253
That's at level 24.
I hunt effictively in shadows with a bow though if I get caught out of it I'm fucked defensively.