PDA

View Full Version : Feature help!

HouseofElves
09-27-2005, 01:41 PM
So with EG coming up, I realize that I need some help. I am looking for some ideas to replace Uni's face.

You see Uniana.
She appears to be a Nalfein Elf.
She appears to have come of age and shorter than average. She has violet-shadowed, pale lilac eyes and ivory skin. She has long, silky black cherry-hued hair twisted into loose ringlets. She has a delicate face and thin eyebrows. She has lush carmine-tinged lips.
She has a thin scar of delicate intertwined thorns on her neck.

The problem is the scar that was given to her makes the line "she has a delicate face and thin eyebrows" really repetitive. So I'm looking for some original ways to describe her face. I don't know if I'm going to keep her lips now that makeup is out or allow for her eyes to be changed back to just being pale lilac but I know the face and eyebrows need to be changed. So any help is greatly appreciated!

Jolena
09-27-2005, 01:57 PM
She has a softly-contoured face...

She has narrow arched eyebrows..

I'm not so great at these things really. :(

Shari
09-27-2005, 02:03 PM
She has well-defined patrician features enhanced by thin, delicately arched brows.

Kindof lumps the face, nose, and shit together. Lately I've preferred it that way because not EVERYONE can have a softly countoured face and slightly upturned nose. :D

Terminator X
09-27-2005, 02:04 PM
...supple...bossom...

Terminator X
09-27-2005, 02:05 PM
HUH!?

Jolena
09-27-2005, 02:08 PM
It's too bad you can't just bypass the word FACE and go with something like bone structure instead without using up your customized line spot.

Nilandia
09-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
It's too bad you can't just bypass the word FACE and go with something like bone structure instead without using up your customized line spot.
Heh. That's not a problem, so long as you word it correctly. I've combined multiple features on the unique line with absolutely no problem. Nilandia's currently has her hands and lips.

Nilandia

HouseofElves
09-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Yay! Keep em coming! <3

Fallen
09-27-2005, 06:35 PM
She has a thin scar of delicate intertwined thorns on her neck. >>

Must you have "She has"?

A thin scar of delicate intertwined thorns lingers upon her neck.

HouseofElves
09-27-2005, 07:56 PM
That would have been nice, but I didn't get an alter. It was a gift from Eryael's kiss. ^_^ Which is why I'm looking to change her other features.

ElanthianSiren
09-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by HouseofElves
So with EG coming up, I realize that I need some help. I am looking for some ideas to replace Uni's face.

You see Uniana.
She appears to be a Nalfein Elf.
She appears to have come of age and shorter than average. She has violet-shadowed, pale lilac eyes and ivory skin. She has long, silky black cherry-hued hair twisted into loose ringlets. She has a delicate face and thin eyebrows. She has lush carmine-tinged lips.
She has a thin scar of delicate intertwined thorns on her neck.

She has a refined fragilely-boned face and wisplike arched eyebrows.

-M

edit: that's wisplike not whisplike off the top of my head.

[Edited on Wed, September th, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

Nilandia
09-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Something off the top of my head.

Delicately arched eyebrows highlight the fine, aristocratic features of her face.

Nilandia

Satira
09-28-2005, 02:25 AM
I've had more than one feature alterer tell me something that follows those guidelines was too long.

Bastards.

Nilandia
09-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Possible. I haven't tried something like that myself.

Nilandia

ElanthianSiren
09-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Most of the features need to confirm to the 15/15/15 guidelines

Hair is an exception.
Custom (last line) is aslo an exception.

The others are not as far as I know.

-M

Satira
09-28-2005, 02:07 PM
From what I know they don't need to conform to the 15/15/15. They just have to end in eyes, skin, face, and nose.

It seems like when they say it's "too long" they mean it's too long for their personal tastes. I've seen people get things like Nilandia suggested. You just have to hit the right feature alterer to get it.

Nilandia
09-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Just a bit of musing, but I wonder if a GM would be more inclined to allow you to have a long face feature alter if you have no nose or distinguishing mark specified, since the line wouldn't be as long as it would be if you did have a nose or distinguishing mark.

Hm...

Nilandia

Satira
09-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Hey that's good thinking. It probably would still depend on who you got though. I wish they'd be a little more relaxed about feature alters...that way everyone wouldn't end up looking so similar.

Nilandia
09-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Satira
Hey that's good thinking. It probably would still depend on who you got though. I wish they'd be a little more relaxed about feature alters...that way everyone wouldn't end up looking so similar.
Tell me about it. I'm starting to get sick of the red-haired green-eye cliche, and Nilandia has red hair and green eyes. I keep needing to come up with something new to make her different.

Nilandia

B2
09-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Two of the examples in the new ALTER verb are almost word-for from Milque's features.

If I didn't feel generic before, I definitely feel so now. Then again, is there anything really wrong with cliches?

Tsunami
09-30-2005, 02:14 PM
I copied this from the official boards a long time ago, not sure if it's still up to current snuff. Was posted by a GM:

The following are is the format for all feature alterations that can be manipulated, (using a male character). Everything in () is changeable.:

He appears to be an adult and (height). He has (eye characteristic) (eye color) eyes and (complexion color) skin. He has (hair length), (hair texture) (hair color) hair (hair quirk). He has a (face structure) face, a (nose structure) nose and (distinguishing mark). (Free line for defining characteristic).

Satira
09-30-2005, 02:30 PM
There's a way to get around that though.

I know someone got something like, "He has dark brown eyes and heavy lines are set in his pale ivory skin"

And there are people who get things like, "She has long, black eyelashes framing her pale blue eyes"

So it doesn't have to be that way, just certain GMs are only willing to do it in that short style.

Areas still need to end in those words, but there's a way to make it longer.

[Edited on 9-30-2005 by Satira]

AnticorRifling
09-30-2005, 02:33 PM
She has a bruise the shape of a mushroom on her forehead.

^ winner

Satira
09-30-2005, 04:08 PM
A bruise that never heals? That must have been one pissed off mushroom.

Terminator X
09-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Or a very, very happy mushroom...

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-30-2005, 05:40 PM
IT"S A PENIS IMPRESSION!!!

Man, does it have to hit you in the face?!

Oh wait...

HouseofElves
09-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Ahem. No penii shaped bruises. Next!