PDA

View Full Version : Question for the laaaaaaadies

Jenisi
09-26-2005, 07:22 PM
k so I constantly have bags under my eyes. And I want rid of them. Plenty of sleep doesn't work, lancome anti-wrinkle doesn't help, cold doesn't help. I haven't tried cucumbers yet though... maybe that would help. Anyway, any ideas?

Bobmuhthol
09-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Get Photoshop IRL.

TheRoseLady
09-26-2005, 07:25 PM
I use a product that has avec peptides in it. I'm quite a bit older than you, but I would recommend that.

Satira
09-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Sometimes bags under the eyes are genetic. Make sure you're drinking enough water, sleeping on a normal schedule, and not eating an extreme amount of sodium. They can also be from allergies or stress. If you have dark circles it can be a lack of vitamin K.

You can use cucumbers, egg whites or the many other bazillion under eye products there are. Preparation H under the eyes works for some people, but when I've used it on clients I haven't seen much effect from it. You'll need to experiment with the tricks people give you to see if anything works for you.

Usually the only time you see improvement is when they are not genetic and you fix the root of the problem.

09-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Cold spoons work.

- Arkans

PS: No, I don't have bags under my eyes

Shari
09-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Darker-haired people have a tendency to have dark circles under their eyes. Why? I don't know. I read that somewhere. Could be a total crock of shit.

AAAANYWAY...I usually get a lighter color zit concealer (than what I wear on the rest of my face) and pat it on under my eyes. That usually does a good job of masking them.

09-26-2005, 07:34 PM
How about sunken eyes? I swear, it's the Eastern European curse.. BETTER THAN THE IRISH CURSE OF SMALL PENII

- Arkans

Satira
09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Collagen injections under your eyes. Heh!

Come on, there's really nothing to fix sunken eyes except surgery or camo makeup.

09-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately, that's what I've been told. I got like a ton of sleep, did all them fancy home remedies and my eyes are as sunken as ever. My eyes be pwned :(

- Arkans

Jenisi
09-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I don't think they are genetic because no one else in my family has them that I know of or I've ever noticed. And only within the last month it's been bothering me. Probally stress? But still I want them to go away :( And I've tried cold spoons... didn't help.

Satira
09-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Sounds like it could be the sleep thing, stress, or allergies.

Be happy though, if they aren't a genetic problem you'll most likely be able to remedy the situation.

MangledKitty
09-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Do you wear a lot of make up, or sleep with it on?
If so it could be irritating your eye's...or even at that, your eye's might just started reacting to the make up you wear. That happened to my sister, she always ended up falling asleep with make up on. So now she get's this slimy film stuff in her eyes. I forget what it's called, though...If that's the case just try different face washes.

Hope everything works out!

[Edited on 9-26-2005 by MangledKitty]

Snapp
09-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I feel your pain Jenisi. I have the same problem. Some new remedies listed here though that I might try.

Jenisi
09-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I think I'll try cucumbers while relaxing in the tub or something with a face mask on. Haha. never done that before. Or tried a face mask.

[Edited on 9-26-2005 by Jenisi]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-26-2005, 07:53 PM
I heard a facial helps!

Brattt8525
09-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Tea bags.

Hulkein
09-26-2005, 08:07 PM
She's been tea-bagged quite enough, we can rule that one out.

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by Hulkein]

DeV
09-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Damn.

4a6c1
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
cocoa butter pwns my irish woman dark circles. DO EET!

Jazuela
09-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Cold chamomile tea compresses can work on some people. Steep two chamomile teabags (must be *just* chamomile, not mixed with other herbs or tea) in boiling water. Take the teabags out, put them in the fridge. Drink the tea, with lemon and honey (it's very relaxing and tastes a little bit like apples).

After an hour or two the teabags should be cold. Place one on each closed eye, lay back, listen to relaxing music. Around 15 minutes later the teabags will probably be room temp again..that's time enough. You could re-use them for your eyes but you're better off making a new set the next day. Try it for a few days in a row.

Egg whites can work temporarily too but they stretch the skin, which is very delicate in the eye area. I wouldn't recommend it.

The cucumbers might work as well, or any natural eye cream with mallow or azulene in the ingredients.

Edited to add: using just plain wet chamomile teabags doesn't work. They have to be steeped in boiling water before set to chill in the fridge. Steam released azulene from chamomile, and it's the azulene that does the work.

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by Jazuela]

Drezzt
09-27-2005, 12:16 AM
My wife says it's probably stress. (I asked her because she grew up in a beauty salon, heh!)
Stress can make you *THINK* you're getting plenty of sleep, but really you just conk out for however many hours and toss and turn, or partway wake up, or whatever. You end up sleeping little
and stressing much.

She recommends you stop doing whatever's stressing you out. Life's too short!

If you can't do that, she says four nights staggered of Nyquil nighttime cold caps (to knock you out) combined with plenty of water and Preparation H each morning should start you to less "baggage".

Staggering the Nyquil means take em one night, skip a night, take em the next, etc.

They should diminish noticibly in that amount of time, just wait a couple of weeks before you do it again. You don't want to get hooked on Nyquil as a sleep aid.

Hope this helps!

-Drezzt

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by Drezzt]

Tsa`ah
09-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Preperation H

The Cat In The Hat
09-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Preperation H

Believe it or not... He's right.

Warriorbird
09-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Clearing the sinuses can also be a factor.

Tsa`ah
09-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat

That should always be a given. :moon:

The Cat In The Hat
09-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat

That should always be a given. :moon:

You're always right though when dealing with issues of the ass :)

Tsa`ah
09-27-2005, 09:34 AM
PWNT!