PDA

View Full Version : If anywhere. Where?

Asha
09-25-2005, 06:39 PM
If you could transport yourself absolutely anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

I'd zip to Utah. It's another name of an American state I'll never understand, plus I'd like to meet someone I talk to there.
Anywhere in America is exciting for the typical unexperienced Brit.

Plus the Grand Canyons.
Wow.
That would be a dream come true.

Drew
09-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Utah is named for a word in the Ute (Indian tribe) language, forget exactly what it means.

SpunGirl
09-25-2005, 06:45 PM
You don't want to go to Utah, the Mormons are all twisted and fucked in the head.

I'd be on one of the Cyclades somewhere, or in the Galapagos Islands.

-K

HarmNone
09-25-2005, 06:49 PM
South island of New Zealand, hands down. Beautiful scenery and beautiful people. That's where I'd go. :)

Snapp
09-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Ick, Don't go to Utah.

I'd go to Italy.. or maybe Australia. I don't know, there's lots of places I wanna go.

Drakam
09-25-2005, 06:57 PM
I would love to visit Australia or Southern New Zealand. Beautiful area and friendly people mostly.

Artha
09-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Your mom's bed lololol!!!11!

DeV
09-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Rome. It's ancient civilization completely fascinates me. My mom's traveled there already and the pictures just aren't enough for me. It's amazing just how advanced they were as a mix of cultures and ideas and it's doubly interesting how that became their downfall. I'd want to go but for purely educational reasons.

For pleasure, I'd love to go on an African Safari. It's something I plan to do within the next 10 years. More than likely after I've completed law school.

HarmNone
09-25-2005, 07:09 PM
I've been to Rome, and to Kenya and Tanzania. I loved them all, and learned so much while there. However, for a place to live my life, the south island of New Zealand would be my choice.

There are a lot of places I really enjoyed visiting. England and Ireland were awesome, as were Austria, France and Germany. Copenhagen, Denmark and Tivoli...oh, my! I adored Switzerland and Australia was a hoot! Spain is fascinating, as well. Singapore is an old favorite, as is Hong Kong (haven't been back since it was reclaimed by China). Indonesia and Malaysia have fascinating cultures and much to share. Hell, I could go on and on......

Fallen
09-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Some place warm, and quiet, and has a beach I could rest upon with no one to bother me.

ElanthianSiren
09-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Are we talking temporary or permanent here?

Permanently, I'd like to be wherever my loved ones are (you may all now commence retching as I give my best Shirley Temple smile).

Temporarily, I'd like to see the ruins of Pompeii. My aunt was one of the archeologists that helped with their excavation, and I always found the art she drew/painted/sculpted in wake of that fascinating.

To live -- semi permanently, Canada, BC. I also have a friend in Copenhagen who is from Enola, PA (no lie, read it backwards). I have a long standing invite to go there, so one day, I'd like to just snap that up when I'm not busy.

-M

HarmNone
09-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Definitely check out the Seychelles, Fallen. Absolutely beautiful!

Gan
09-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Drayal
If you could transport yourself absolutely anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

Angelina Jolee's pants... and the reason why would be obvious.

:yes2:

Ravenstorm
09-25-2005, 08:00 PM
I want to wander around in the Great Pyramid and feel the weight of all that history surrounding me.

Raven

Syberus
09-25-2005, 08:08 PM
I'd very much like to see Rome, or Moscow

Xandalf
09-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Hong Kong

Or Burma.

I've heard incredible things about both countries and their people. Plus I've never been to Asia and I'm not overly interested in Japan or mainland China.

Hips
09-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Kyoto

HarmNone
09-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
I want to wander around in the Great Pyramid and feel the weight of all that history surrounding me.

Raven

A marvelous experience, to be sure, Raven. One is overwhelmed by the almost palpable presence of history. However, keep in mind.....those camels have fleas! :scared:

Gan
09-25-2005, 08:35 PM
The Great Wall of China

Rome (to see olympus and the vatican)

New Zealand (and to see the set of LOTR while I'm there)

The Great Pyramids and the Nile

The White Cliffs of Dover

Red Square in Moscow

The Louvre in France

The Taj Mahal (sp)

I'd also like to see Mt. Fuji and Killimanjaro in person.

Skiiing in the Swill Alps

(This doesnt count numerous places within the US that I'd like to see for historical reasons)

4a6c1
09-25-2005, 09:23 PM
I only fall in love with places.

Siberia. First, last and always. Its my forbidden fruit. :heart:

Ukraine. Again. Mmmm, land of corruption and chaos. :D

Iceland. Land of Fire and Ice.

Norway.

Finland.

Tibet.

Mongolia.

Northern Canada.

Germania. Again.

And North Carolina. I *will* live there one day. So I can walk the Appalacian trail whenever I please. w00t. Jesu Christo, I love those mountains.

Viridian
09-25-2005, 09:23 PM
I'd also like to see the Sistine chapel, I've always wanted to see the Sistine Chapel.

[Edited on 9-26-2005 by Viridian]

Kainen
09-25-2005, 09:28 PM
To Jeff's side.

Vixen
09-25-2005, 10:51 PM
I've been to Moscow, which was amazing. But I still have Ireland to visit
And then I have always wanted to do an Italy/Greece tour, to see all that ancient history, because I love that kind of thing.

Drew
09-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
Some place warm, and quiet, and has a beach I could rest upon with no one to bother me.

That's my back yard, it gets old after a while.

Terminator X
09-25-2005, 11:22 PM
The Southeastern Australian and New Zealand.

RunR31
09-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Bosnia

DCSL
09-26-2005, 12:11 AM
There are so many, many places I'd like to go. Italy, Greece, China, Russia, Kenya, Australia, New Zealand...

But right at this moment, I'd go to the Philippines. I've been wanting to for a couple of years now, but my boyfriend's family tells me I shouldn't because of the high possibility of kidnapping and/or violence. For some reason, a lil' white girl with an Americanized Filipino seems to be a dangerous combination. Which is too bad. The pictures I've seen of the southern islands and the Chocolate Mountains are just gorgeous.

Himmy
09-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Drew
Utah is named for a word in the Ute (Indian tribe) language, forget exactly what it means.

It means boring ass place with nothing to do.

Andreal
09-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Umm.. Skiing. Thanks.

Tei
09-26-2005, 03:24 AM
Europe. My flatmate and I are thinking of doing a Contiki Tour but then I don't like camping..

And the North Island of New Zealand isn't bad you know. Lots of beaches and snow too.

HarmNone
09-26-2005, 09:01 AM
I loved the north island, as well. I just found a special fondness for the south. Compared to the states, everything is so close together you can have it all! :)

Tromp
09-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Witches Rock in Northern Costa Rica

4a6c1
09-26-2005, 11:04 PM
I forgot about Vin Diesels PANTS. I want to go there. Yes.

Warriorbird
09-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Bed.

Shari
09-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Rome is my first choice, Egypt would be my second. Like Dev, the amount of history in each of those places is overwhelming. I've visited Rome before its just so...wow. Its amazing. I mean you're walking around a city that's got building that are 2000 years old and holy shit, amazing feat.

Egypt is equally as facinating, as I've learned so much about their ancient culture it would be supremely rewarding to go there and get to physically experience it.

Grand Canyon is....kindof a letdown for me. I've seen it twice (I mean hell, I live in the state) but when you get there, it is just SO BIG it...it looks FAKE. It sounds kindof funny but because you've got that atmospheric perspective, it doesn't look right. If you do get a chance to see it, I suggest you take a river rafting trip down the Colorado River. It gives you fantastic views of the rock, and its extremly exciting.

4a6c1
09-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Hows about you walk and live and camp the Grand Canyon for 2 weeks? Towards the end, your legs will remind you how UN FAKE it is.

:P

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by JihnasSpirit]

Sylvan Dreams
09-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Fallen

Ditto. Except I want someone hot and pleasant to keep me company.

Shari
09-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit
Hows about you walk and live and camp the Grand Canyon for 2 weeks? Towards the end, your legs will remind you how UN FAKE it is.

:P

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by JihnasSpirit]

Heh, we considered hiking down to the bottom...you know, that 22mile or whatever hike it is. That idea went out the window, FAST. My brother did it and loved it, and then he showed me pictures of Havasupai falls.

Now I wanna hike it. :(

Killer Kitten
09-27-2005, 08:08 AM
I'd probably go to Lake Powell, even diminished by drought as it is. It's still, to me, the most beautiful place on Earth.

Though this morning my back yard is pretty nice, too. The trees are starting to turn colors, there's a really cool looking mist rising off the pond, and the place is deserted except for all of the birds mooching at the feeders.

kranfer
09-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Well if I could be transported anywhere... I would goto Maui :) I love Hawaii.