PDA

View Full Version : black ora? whats known about them?

Laccon
09-24-2005, 05:06 PM
anyone tell me about the black ora and their secerts? What do we know about them so far?

Axhinde
09-24-2005, 05:58 PM
The secret is they're hideously overpriced.

I almost forgot. They suck, hence everybody selling them. Did I mention hideously overpriced?

[Edited on 9-24-2005 by Axhinde]

Slider
09-24-2005, 06:14 PM
I can't remember for sure, but isn't there a shop in Solhaven that sells black ora weapons? If I recall correctly (and if I can get this stupid keyboard to work right...grrrrrr!) it is in an alleyway down around the street where the Lornan pantheons temples are. Nasty place, sells all kinds of stuff for those who follow the likes of Luukos and crew. Seem to recall getting a black ora morning star there, 2x with ice flares.

I know it's not the same stuff that the GM"s just put out, but I wonder if they changed it when they put that new stuff out? I'd go look, but still having that problem with the cable company, oh well.

StrayRogue
09-24-2005, 06:27 PM
No they didn't do that.

Letum
09-24-2005, 08:17 PM
The black ora weapons released on the Wavedancer have a mana regen bonus/spirit regen penalty, void flares (frequency and strength depend on whether they are of the lesser or greater variety), are permacursed, and occasionally do not so nice things to the owners. There are also a few random scripts that are neat, but not necessarily worth the trouble.

Most black ora weapons not released on the Wavedancer are in fact regular ora weapons that are colored black, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Edit: Khaladon hyped them more than was necessary. They really aren't that great. That, and if someone blesses you you are screwed, since they are permacursed.

[Edited on 9-25-2005 by Letum]

StrayRogue
09-24-2005, 09:04 PM
I thought they had MD flares, not vacuum.

Drew
09-25-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I thought they had MD flares, not vacuum.

Yep.

hectomaner
09-25-2005, 03:04 PM
<<
Most black ora weapons not released on the Wavedancer are in fact regular ora weapons that are colored black, unless specifically stated otherwise.>>

wong, ALL black ora weapons not released on the WD are just 2x ora that is black

yes, they have MD flares, not void flares, there is no lesser or greater, they vary depending on the usage of the weapon

Warriorbird
09-25-2005, 03:22 PM
There's a couple that were 5x... that's the "greater".

I'm much rather have one of those white ora weapons with the transport ability. Not that bad a weapon but not worth what's being asked.

StrayRogue
09-25-2005, 05:08 PM
The greaters had a sanctuary ability and were 6x. Three of them were released into prime.

[Edited on 25-9-05 by StrayRogue]

Letum
09-25-2005, 09:34 PM
My bad.

hectomaner
09-26-2005, 01:02 AM
and the flares are no different, be it a 4x, 5x, or 6x

the lesser/greater you are thinking about is the vambraces. and only lesser have been released into prime, unless the greater one was released since i stopped caring about gs

StrayRogue
09-26-2005, 07:34 AM
No, 3 greater black ora weapons have been released into prime. One at each WD.