PDA

View Full Version : New shield stuff

Revalos
10-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Anyone have some information about how shields will be handled in GS4? I know there will be different benefits and detriments to each. I am also looking for information regarding which shield nouns will be converted to which type.

Thanks!

Artha
10-05-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure about the nouns. However, it will be easier to dodge with small shields and easier to block with big ones. Medium shields are even on both sides. Chance to block will be determined by shield use. Chance to dodge will be determined by dodging.

If you have more dodging than shield use, use a small shield (targe, parma, target shield).

If you have dodging equal to shield use, use a medium shield (shield).

If you have shield use greater than dodging, use a big shield (tower shield, wall shield, greatshield).

Revalos
10-05-2003, 08:48 PM
That's about what I figured. I just noticed it when I was looking at one of Tsoran's spreadsheets.

The thing is...I have a kite shield. Is that a small or medium one? Being a ranger I think I'll probably have a good bit of dodging, so a smaller shield would probably help out a bunch.

Xcalibur
10-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Kite, in my knowledge are those big triangular one used by german templars

I'd say around 1.1 meter by .5 meter

if the scale would be
really small (bucker)
small (small shield, bah)
medium (ordinary shield)
large (kite)
huge (tower)

(would say large)

StrayRogue
10-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Some of the more "shady" shields will be able to be set as either medium, small or large, depending on their description.

Revalos
10-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Heh...I should have started with a GIS....here I was thinking: Kite, so small and diamond shaped right?

Wrong. That sucker is huge.

http://www.regia.org/images/Kites.jpg

Well...there's also the issue with it originally being a Rolaren Tower shield before...and now its got Hanist scripts too.

I bet it will be a barrel of laughs to figure out what base it should be. Ah well...thanks for the info

Xcalibur
10-05-2003, 09:42 PM
hehe guess i was right

and tower were those door used by romans?

I'm taking one of those baby!