PDA

View Full Version : FFX Appreciation

Back
09-22-2005, 09:34 AM
I’ve seen a number of people post about how they thought FFX sucked. I don’t get it. I really enjoyed it.

What did or didn't you like about it? Characters? Weapons? Areas? Bosses?

I actually played it twice when I realized I wasn’t really training right. Mainly because of Khimari. He can train into everyone elses training so I skimmed Rikaru for stealing, Luna for black magic, then went into Yuna’s advanced training for the rest of the game picking up protect, shell, curaga, and holy. He didn’t hit very hard, but had massive hp and mp and really helped as an all around utility char.

Anyway, discuss.

StrayRogue
09-22-2005, 09:50 AM
It was very, very, very linear.

Hips
09-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Rikku, Lulu, and Kimahri.

I didn't like it because Yuna had the personality of a piece of cardboard. Blitzball is awesome though.

StrayRogue
09-22-2005, 10:14 AM
I thought everyone could train in everyone elses abilities anyway?

I alternated each character in every fight but my hardest definately were Auron, Tidus and Lulu.

Back
09-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
Rikku, Lulu, and Kimahri.

I didn't like it because Yuna had the personality of a piece of cardboard. Blitzball is awesome though.

Doh, I butcherd the hell out of the names. LOL. Yeah, Yuna was the most bland.

Blitzball is awesome. Game within a game.

Another aspect I totally dug was Rikku’s Mix and customization. I had Rikku, Kimahri AND Yuna learn steal. Some fights would just be steal fests. And always always steal ing from bosses.

Back
09-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I thought everyone could train in everyone elses abilities anyway?

I alternated each character in every fight but my hardest definately were Auron, Tidus and Lulu.

Mine were Wakka, Auron and Lulu for all out damagefests. With doublecast, Lulu hit harder than anyone other than an aeon.

Hips
09-22-2005, 10:41 AM
I liked Lulu with doublecast, but as soon as I was able to move her into Yuna's sphere and vice versa I used the two interchangeably.

I stopped using Kimahri pretty early on because in my opinion he just isn't as good as the rest of them.

I liked Auron, but he was SO SLOW I ended up using Tidus more often.

And... Rikku is my favorite because she's teh hotness. And her mix ability was definitely neat.

Drinin
09-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Backlash
I’ve seen a number of people post about how they thought FFX sucked. I don’t get it. I really enjoyed it.

What did or didn't you like about it? Characters? Weapons? Areas? Bosses?

I actually played it twice when I realized I wasn’t really training right. Mainly because of Khimari. He can train into everyone elses training so I skimmed Rikaru for stealing, Luna for black magic, then went into Yuna’s advanced training for the rest of the game picking up protect, shell, curaga, and holy. He didn’t hit very hard, but had massive hp and mp and really helped as an all around utility char.

Anyway, discuss.

I thought it sucked, and here's why:

1. The sphere system sucked ass.
2. The characters (with the exception of Auron) were stupid. Tidus was a whiney bitch. Khimari was a pussy. Rikku was just annoying as hell. Wakka was also annoying as hell. Yuna: see the previous two character notes. Lulu I guess I didn't have a problem with.
3. The game was too easy. It was the easiest final fantasy that I've ever played.
4. The story was dumb.

I had a ton of fun with ff9. Ff8 had the best story (in my opinion), I just hated the junctioning shit in that game, and the item system sucked. I like finding lots of new items and stuff, not using the same sword almost the entire game. Overall, I think ff7 was the best that I've ever played; good story, good characters, and a good item/magic system.

StrayRogue
09-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Anyone who thinks FFX was easy obviously didn't fight the Dark Aeon sisters.

Axhinde
09-22-2005, 11:08 AM
If you thought FF8 had the best storyline, seek help. Now.

Drinin
09-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Anyone who thinks FFX was easy obviously didn't fight the Dark Aeon sisters.

They don't sound familiar. Then again, I didn't have the strategy guide, so I wasn't privy to all the little side quests and stuff. I did clear out the dungeon with the Ultimate Weapon (or was it just called Ultima?) or whatever. That was the hardest part of the game for me. The bosses were pushovers.

Drinin
09-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Axhinde
If you thought FF8 had the best storyline, seek help. Now.

Pfft, I liked it. Squall was the man.

StrayRogue
09-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Each Aeon in the game, with I think the exception of Yojimbo has a dark aeon equivilent, which are fucking hard. Each requires the break HP limits for damage and hp for everyone in your team. Without them they're impossible.

StrayRogue
09-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Here are their stats for reference. They're also not the hardest boss either:

Dark Magus Sisters
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP: · Mindy » 2,000,000
· Sandy » 2,500,000
· Cindy » 3,000,000
AP: 30,000 (normal) 40,000 (overkill)
Items: Dark Matter x4, Master Sphere x1
Equip: Excalibur x3
Steal: · Mindy » Teleport Sphere
· Sandy » Friend Sphere
· Cindy » Return Sphere
Attacks: · Mindy · Calamity » Casts Poison, Blind, Curse, Silence, Full Break on 1 character.
Passado » Inflicts Death on 1 character.
Sandy · Physical Attacks » 12,000+ damage with Petrify on 1 character.
Razzia » Instant death on 1 character (99,999 damage).
Cindy · Camisade » Instant death on 1 character (99,999 damage) plus Osmose.
All of them · Delta Attack » Instant Game Over (more damage than can be possibly absorbed).
Elemental Immunities: Regular damage against all elements including Holy
Recommended Armor Abilities: Ribbon, Auto-Pheonix, Deathproof, Break HP Limit
Recommended Weapon Abilities: Break Damage Limit, Magic Booster, One MP Cost, Triple Overdrive

They all start with Overdrive. If they go first they will cast Delta Attack.

Back
09-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Uhh, I don’t remember anything like Dark Magus Sisters. Never heard of a break damage limit. Crap, there is so much to this game it isn't even funny.

StrayRogue
09-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Before going into Sin at the end, when you have free control of the Airship, you can revisit each temple and fight the Dark Aeons.

Back
09-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, I’ve been doing that actually. Running the entire length of the world looking for the Al Bhed volumes so I could read the codes to input on the airship. Finding an amazing amount of extra stuff and raising skills. But I haven’t run into any dark aeons. Yet.

StrayRogue
09-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Head back to each temple. You should encounter one or two there.

kheldarin
09-22-2005, 03:55 PM
How about uh, X-2?

StrayRogue
09-22-2005, 03:56 PM
That game is designed for girls.

Hips
09-22-2005, 04:02 PM
X-2 sucked. The only thing good about it is Rikku's starting outfit. :heart:

Jayvn
09-22-2005, 04:13 PM
I still like FF1 and 6 better than the rest... even if 1's ending made you feel like you didn't accomplish shit(FF1)... I liked 10 like I do any other FF, except when they were forcing out laughs.. I think some of my fav chars were from tactics though. Auron rocked in x, he was always cool about everything. The al'bhed eyes rocked too...

Chaddy
09-22-2005, 06:08 PM
FFVIII and X2 sucked balls.
FFIII and Nine were my favorites.
2,7, and 10 were all equally as good.

09-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Mindy.. Cindy.. Sandy..

Awesome throw back to Final Fantasy II (IV).. I love it.

- Arkans