PDA

View Full Version : What? He's not AFK scripting? Fine. Give him an RPA.

Renian
09-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Emeradan decides to check me for AFK scripting as I do indeed script hunt Kiramon now. (The script will be released to the public when I'm done with it/perfected it.)

Everything in parenthesis are my comments.

>climb rubb
You climb a blockade of rubble.
[Abandoned Mine, Ruined Cavern]
It would appear that a catastrophe once occurred in this foul smelling chamber. The eastern wall has been caved in, burrowed through by something large enough to leave the floor strewn with glaesan boulders in its wake. Despite the destruction, several wooden beams still rise up to support the ceiling above, and the iron scaffolding erected along the other walls looks unscathed. You also see a kiramon defender, a mound of rubble and a rotting dwarf corpse.
Obvious exits: west
>stamina
Stamina points: 100 remaining: 97
>cman surge
>sign of swords
>sign of smiting
>sign of striking
You focus deep within yourself, searching for untapped sources of strength.
You feel incredibly stronger.
>sign of warding
>sign of defending
Repeating the sign has no effect!
>
>sign of shields
>
>
>hide
>
You are now in a defensive stance.
>
Your injuries hinder your attempt to hide.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
HR>stance offensive
>ambush defender head
You are now in an offensive stance.
H>
You leap from hiding to attack!
You swing a star-hilted mottled black falchion at a kiramon defender!
By amazing chance, the kiramon defender evades the attack!
Roundtime: 6 sec.
R>
Fredireck just climbed a mound of rubble.
R>
A kiramon defender hisses sharply! Its long, piercing tongue comes shooting out at you...
A kiramon defender thrusts with its long tongue at you!
Amazingly, you manage to parry the attack with your falchion!
R>
Fredireck just went west.
R>hide
>
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
HR>
A kiramon defender hops around on one foot!

(At this point I'm thinking...WTF? Is there a GM actually checking me? Interesting...I wait for more to confirm.)

HR>
The kiramon defender clicks its mandible and jerks its head back and forth searching for something.
Your injuries hinder your attempts to remain unseen.
H>stance offensive
>ambush defender neck
H>
AS: +326 vs DS: +188 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +88 = +258
... and hit for 55 points of damage!
Fast slash to the kiramon defender's neck exposes its windpipe.
Quick anatomy lesson, anyone?
The kiramon defender is stunned!
R>look def
You see a fairly typical kiramon defender.
It has snapped bones and serious bleeding from its neck.
It is stunned.
It has nothing at this time.
R>raise eyebrow
...wait 1 seconds.
R>hide
>
HR>
* Kithkannan just bit the dust!
H>stance offensive
>ambush defender head
H>
AS: +326 vs DS: +168 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +49 = +239
... and hit for 75 points of damage!
Horrible slash to the kiramon defender's head! Brain matter goes flying!
Looks like it never felt a thing.
The kiramon defender falls back into a heap and dies.
R>raise eyebrow

(That's me trying to respond to it.)

...wait 4 seconds.

(Damn roundtime!)

R>stance defensive
>loot
>
You search the kiramon defender.
It carried some polished red coral.
A kiramon defender crumbles away into dust.

(SNIP! A large segment here was just the script running me around. Then I decide to see if there are any GMs around.)

>e
>who
[Abandoned Mine]
A lone mining lamp illuminates this musty cavern, though not enough to see well. What little can be made out in the murky shadows would indicate this to be a storage area. Iron railings enter from the northeast, southeast and west to intersect in the middle of the room. You also see some wooden crates and a pile of rusting tools.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, west
>

Active Players: 724

Staff on duty:

Use WHO HELP for more options.

(Apparently Emeradan was hiding. Sneaky bastard. The only way I knew it was Emeradan was because I reported about it later.)

>ne
[Abandoned Mine]
The passage here is narrow, and care must be taken to avoid the sharp outcroppings jutting from the abrasive walls. Despite the cramped space, the cargo railway continues on in both directions unimpeded. To the east, a faintly flickering light can be seen further along the tunnel.
Obvious exits: east, southwest
>e
[Abandoned Mine]
A torch has been set into the southern wall, its sputtering flames intensifying the shadows. Scattered footprints can be made out in the gloomy sphere of light spilling upon the floor, as if someone or something had moved hastily through the area. You also see an iron rail sloping downwards to the east.
Obvious exits: north, east, west
>n
[Abandoned Mine]
Condensation coats the walls of this short tunnel. The larger drops glitter in the darkness, acting as tiny prisms as they reflect the glow of torchlight from the south. Roughly hewn stones litter the floor, and the ceiling hangs dangerously low. A natural wall to the north blocks further travel in that direction.
Obvious exits: south
>s
[Abandoned Mine]
A torch has been set into the southern wall, its sputtering flames intensifying the shadows. Scattered footprints can be made out in the gloomy sphere of light spilling upon the floor, as if someone or something had moved hastily through the area. You also see an iron rail sloping downwards to the east.
Obvious exits: north, east, west
>e

A raspy voice whispers, "Why do you bother my kiramon?"

(If that's not a clue that a GM is checking you, I don't know what is.)

>
[Abandoned Mine]
A rock lizard sits atop a shelf in the northern wall in the northern wall, its softly kindled eyes blinking in the gloomy dark. Iron railings descend from a slope to the west, only to be buried under a blockade of rubble that nearly seals the eastern passage completely.
>climb rubb
You climb a blockade of rubble.
[Abandoned Mine, Ruined Cavern]
It would appear that a catastrophe once occurred in this foul smelling chamber. The eastern wall has been caved in, burrowed through by something large enough to leave the floor strewn with glaesan boulders in its wake. Despite the destruction, several wooden beams still rise up to support the ceiling above, and the iron scaffolding erected along the other walls looks unscathed. You also see some polished red coral, a mound of rubble and a rotting dwarf corpse.
>w
[Abandoned Mine]
Rocks and splintered wood lie scattered across the gritty floor, apparently the remains of a failed blockade to the east. A gentle draft blows through the gloomy shaft from that direction, a faint odor carried upon its cool touch. You also see a kiramon mandible and a narrow cargo rail curving away to the southwest.
Also here: Fredireck, Droit
Obvious exits: east, southwest
>sw
[Abandoned Mine]
The tunnel curves here, the railing at its center quickly disappearing around bends to the northwest and northeast. Now and then, a heavy clacking can be heard from somewhere nearby, though the confusing echoes peculiar to the mine prevent any judgment of its direction. You also see an old mining cart.
Obvious exits: northeast, northwest
>nw
[Abandoned Mine]
A lone mining lamp illuminates this musty cavern, though not enough to see well. What little can be made out in the murky shadows would indicate this to be a storage area. Iron railings enter from the northeast, southeast and west to intersect in the middle of the room. You also see some wooden crates and a pile of rusting tools.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, west
>
[script aborted]

(Heh, slow reaction time!)

You hear a strange clicking that makes your hair stand on end as a kiramon worker arrives.
>grin
You grin.
>
A kiramon worker claws at you!
You barely manage to block the attack with your buckler!
>'I seek treasure.
You darkly say, "I seek treasure."
>
A kiramon worker heads southeast.
>'Your kiramon carry fine gems indeed.
You darkly say, "Your kiramon carry fine gems indeed."
>se
[Abandoned Mine]
The tunnel curves here, the railing at its center quickly disappearing around bends to the northwest and northeast. Now and then, a heavy clacking can be heard from somewhere nearby, though the confusing echoes peculiar to the mine prevent any judgment of its direction. You also see a kiramon worker and an old mining cart.
Obvious exits: northeast, northwest
>hide
>
A kiramon worker notices your attempt to hide!
R>hide
>
HR>am work
The kiramon worker clicks its mandible and jerks its head back and forth searching for something.
Your injuries hinder your attempts to remain unseen.
H>
H>
You swing a star-hilted mottled black falchion at a kiramon worker!
AS: +326 vs DS: +169 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +83 = +272
... and hit for 68 points of damage!
Crossing slash to chest catches the kiramon worker's attention!
The kiramon worker is stunned!

** Your mottled black falchion releases a spray of acid! **

... 15 points of damage!
Bit of acid strikes the kiramon worker's calf leaving bright red spots.
R>
With a sudden flash of insight, you realize you now understand more of what you have experienced.....

(OMG MY FIRST RPA EVAR!!11!one <3)

R>xp
Level: 45 Deeds: 13
Experience: 2136623 Decays this level: 0
Exp. until next: 79377 Recent Deaths: 1
Mental TPs: 18 Fame: 6267488
Physical TPs: 0 Mana: 23/23 max
(278 Mnt converted to Phy)

Time since last check: 48 minutes, 43 seconds Time since first check: 48 minutes, 43 seconds
Fame Since Last: 7811 (160 per minute, 9620 per hour.)
Fame Since First: 7811 (160 per minute, 9620 per hour.)

Exp. Since Last: 1108 (22 per minute, 1364 per hour, 2 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes, 3 seconds until level.)
Exp. Since First: 1108 (22 per minute, 1364 per hour, 2 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes, 3 seconds until level.)

Your seven day Gift of Lumnis cycle will complete in 3 days, 19 hours, 50 minutes, 8 seconds.
XP RESET to reset scan data.

Your mind is becoming numbed.
>

The RPA is invisible, which is why I reported later; I didn't notice much. Granted, it should be a weak one as I was just roleplaying for a whole two seconds. I did tell Emeradan that I appreciate the fact that he does actually check for AFK scripters first though, then reported about the RPA. I wasn't going to be a whiny bitch immediately after getting an RPA. :P

Moral of the story: If you want an RPA, script hunt until a GM talks to you, then RP! :D

Bobmuhthol
09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I got an RPA for reporting a script hunter once.

Warriorbird
09-21-2005, 09:53 PM
That's actually a really good strategy, amusingly enough. My paladin got pegged for several.

Renian
09-21-2005, 09:57 PM
You have no idea how retardedly good the strategy is in Modus Operandi.

Seriously, there's only like 20 people playing tops usually, so the GMs can run around and check people for scripting. I must have received 20+ RPAs there. Hell, my character at one point was talking to himself WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE OF A GM BEING THERE and got an RPA. Insanity.

Shalla
09-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Does anybody have any hunting scripts for maaghara tower?

The Ponzzz
09-21-2005, 10:46 PM
I always wondered how/why people stick around in MO. I tried it free on AOL, just like DR. I couldn't get into either...

Wuxong
09-22-2005, 01:39 AM
does anyone have some hunting or game shots of MO or DR. i never seen either.....

Renian
09-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I have a subscription to DR as well at the moment, and I have some logs from MO. They are both good due to the skill system...and that fact that I have a Gunblade in MO. :D

Yes, the Gunblade uses shotgun shells. Just like in FF8/Parasite Eve II.

Anyway, I'll post logs when I get home; I'm at school in Study Hall with nothing to do since my work is done.

EDIT: Bah, I don't have any good MO gameplay logs, so that's right out. :(

[Edited on 9-22-2005 by Renian]

Jayvn
09-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Renian
You have no idea how retardedly good the strategy is in Modus Operandi.

Seriously, there's only like 20 people playing tops usually, so the GMs can run around and check people for scripting. I must have received 20+ RPAs there. Hell, my character at one point was talking to himself WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE OF A GM BEING THERE and got an RPA. Insanity. Wow people play that?

Sean of the Thread
09-22-2005, 04:30 PM
gunblade!

Parkbandit
09-23-2005, 06:44 AM
I received RPAs for stealing from others.

:shibby:

Alfster
09-23-2005, 06:51 AM
I still do.