PDA

View Full Version : Lich!

Laccon
09-19-2005, 09:30 PM
I was wondering, who uses lich that knows how to write scripts in lich. If you could U2U me with your AIM or AOL name please. I'm havin some problems with writing them, if anyone could help. Thanks

Bobmuhthol
09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Only Shaelun truly knows how to write a Lich script.

I probably know second most about Ruby and I wouldn't be able to do it. I wouldn't know where to start.

Shaelun
09-26-2005, 09:40 PM
If you mean I'm the only one who knows how to make Lich do advanced things (amusingly enough, with a touch of editing so that variables aren't overwritten etc., it could even run itself as a script)... I guess you may be right. I don't know. I'm far from the best programmer out there, so I doubt very much I'm 'the only one who truly knows how to use it'. It's built on a professional software development tool, don't forget; it's not its own language.

There are a handful of people who are actually getting really good with it... couple of them have showed me a clever trick or two I hadn't thought of, infact ;)

v2.0 is very little like it once was. It's very user friendly now. Give it a try if you have interest. If you don't, then obviously pass it by -- when all's said and done, it's just a scripting engine. If you don't want to do advanced scripting, it would be a waste of your time to even bother with the d/l.