PDA

View Full Version : SMILE Update

mgoddess
09-17-2005, 07:47 PM
The SMILE verb has been updated with a player-targeting option.

Usage: SMILE ::{name}

This version of the verb checks that your target is in the lands, in the room, and visible, and messages appropriately. It does not default to the roleplaying version of SMILE, so you can avoid that awkward messaging that used to occur when your target suddenly left. Check VERB INFO SMILE for more information.

Enjoy!

~Ozias

One of life's primal situations; the game of hide and seek. The delicious thrill of hiding...of being discovered, but what panic when...the others abandon you! You mustn't be too good at the game. The player must never be bigger than the game itself.

This message was originally posted in General Roleplaying, Roleplaying Verb Discussion. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=9&topic=10&message =1724

Bobmuhthol
09-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Well that's fucking awesome, now I get to type even MORE to smile at people instead of adding a string to make it the roleplay version.

Miss X
09-17-2005, 07:53 PM
:heart: Ozias for this!!

Tsunami
09-17-2005, 08:06 PM
About fucking time!

Asha
09-17-2005, 08:12 PM
my character only smiles to himself.
This does not affect me :(

mgoddess
09-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tsunami
About fucking time!

Exactly what went through my mind when I first saw that.. heh

Gan
09-18-2005, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
my character only smiles to himself.
This does not affect me :(

Unless yourself happens to leave before said smile is received by yourself in that split nanosecond, then it might be awkward if not odd. If you leave is the smile still there? Or does the smile follow you once it leaves your face? And how do you know if you actually smiled at yourself if you arent looking into a mirror when said smile was enacted? Are you sure it was directed at you and not someone behind you and you just smiled back at yourself by mistake? What if its not really us thats smiling but some omnipitant presence wanting us to think we smiled? :)

Wow... everything's getting fuzzy now.

Asha
09-18-2005, 06:58 AM
Whispers to Ganalon,''Hey, you've either drunk too much absinthe or need to sleep immediately.''

::Edges away from Ganalon::

Gan
09-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Call it a mixture of good rum, lack of sleep, and a bad night at the holdem tables. :(

Amazing how losing money can make one philosophical when combined with good guatamalean rum.

Xandalf
09-18-2005, 01:36 PM
You in AC for the Borgata Poker Open, Ganalon?

Gan
09-18-2005, 02:55 PM
I wish I were that good. I'll happy taking and losing money to my neighborhood group or my co-workers at special work events.

I'll be joining the ring games in Vegas next spring when we have our next client conference though. 200 buy-in and you play as long as you can. w00t!