PDA

View Full Version : aid the fallen

Raulin
09-17-2005, 02:33 AM
how do I use this spell, set the anchor and such?

Bobmuhthol
09-17-2005, 02:46 AM
This is what I made up when I anchored. Replace with your deity's name and it should work just fine. I know a lot of others used this same line and it worked for them, too.

prep 1620You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Aid the Fallen...
Your spell is ready.
>pray I search for Kai's blessing to aid the fallen,;Transport their bodies to the home of the holy,;If he should guide me, my duty shall be fulfilled,;The dead would be safe in my hands.
You intone a low prayer:

"I search for Kai's blessing to aid the fallen,
Transport their bodies to the home of the holy,
If he should guide me, my duty shall be fulfilled,
The dead would be safe in my hands."
As you bow your head with the last words of your prayer, you sense a deep spiritual satisfaction and a strong bond with the area.

The magic of your spell fades blissfully from your mind.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

You have to do it in Voln or the temple (Icemule/Landing), not sure on any other towns. Kneel, prepare 1620, pray. Voln is typically better for the Landing since people are actually there. If you're planning on using it to transport people and then drag them to TSC, go for temple.

For casting it once you have an anchor, LK the person and have them in your group. Then just cast it on them and they'll be transported.

Raulin
09-18-2005, 12:51 AM
sweet, thank you.

Andreal
09-18-2005, 01:51 AM
You used one that short? Ugh.. I forget what mine was, but it was massive. Took me like 30 minutes to write one that worked.

DAMN YOU EORGINA FOR MAKING ME RECITE 8 LONG LINES OF PRAYER!

Thanks, that is all.

Raulin
09-27-2005, 12:33 AM
interesting that one won't work for me. Trying to write my own now.

This is what worked for me.

You intone a low prayer:

"I ask for the blessing of Lord Kai to aid the fallen,
To help transport their bodies in the time of need,
To this holy place, which serves to help,
My duty shall be fulfilled when we've returned safely,
In his name, Amen."

As you bow your head with the last words of your prayer, you sense a deep spiritual satisfaction and a strong bond with the area.

The magic of your spell fades blissfully from your mind.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by Raulin]

The Ponzzz
09-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Thought the room just needed to work with paladin Sense to be able to anchor there or cast 1625 at...

Natso
12-25-2005, 07:29 AM
I've tried countless times to anchor in the temple in Wehnimer's, using different prayers. I cannot seem for the life of me to anchor. I've heard that the temple is only anchorable if you worship a Liabo Arkati, is this true?

If so, where would I be able to anchor with a Lornon Arkati? Specifically Mularos. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

*EDIT* Nevermind, like above I just had to make up my own prayer. I got it to work. Without this post though i'd be lost!

[Edited on 12-25-2005 by Natso]

Necromancer
12-25-2005, 11:21 AM
The Anchoring isn't based on which Arkati you follow, it's based on which Arkati is associated with that particular room. If you go into Eorgina's Temple, you have to have Eorgina in your prayer. If you go into the main Icemule Hall, you have to use Koar. If you go into the Temple in Landing, you need to use Lorminstra, etc.

So look around the room you've chosen for clues as to which Arkati is associated with it, and then write up a prayer with that Arkati's name in int.

Gizmo
12-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Actually, you don't need to include a Deity in the name based onthe room. The prayer itself must be a few lines long with the ; breaking up lines. I would however mention the deity YOU convert to in it somewhere, along with the words "help, aid" or something else in conjunction with what the spell is meant to do.

Also, for those who don't know. SENSE is a good verb to use when attempting to find a suitable location to anchor to.

Back
12-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Looks like they used some loresinging code for this spell. Cool.

Necromancer
12-25-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to have to correct you on this one. Using your own deity isn't necessary. I went through this with my Paladin. I spent about 20 minutes in various rooms using their deity in the prayers to no avail. Then I started paying attention to the actual rooms and any altars or religious symbols in them, and I used prayers dedicated to the deities being represented...bingo, got myself anchors in all of them (don't actually remember where they're anchored in Icemule anymore I went to so many rooms)

It's always good for RP reasons to include your own deity, but the code is looking for the deity assigned to that room. Also, when in doubt, think about the deity that the entire area is dedicated to or just use Koar.

The Ponzzz
12-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Ok I will repeat. Using SENSE as a Paladin is how you can tell if the room is attuned to a deity...

The Ponzzz
12-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Just wanted to show you...

Utilizing your familiarity with the divine, you sense no prevalent spiritual influence in the area.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Utilizing your familiarity with the divine, you sense no prevalent spiritual influence in the area.

Several areas I just checked give that. No Deity.

Now in the Temple of Jastev in Solhaven

I got this message when I tried in a few rooms within the temple until I try here...

[Temple of Jastev, High Altar]
The gray stone altar seems very plain in comparison to the rest of the temple. Small offerings have been left on top to help with the daily costs and maintenance. While all are welcome to approach the altar to show their devotion, this is probably not the proper place to dally or converse.
Obvious exits: down
>sense
Utilizing your familiarity with the divine, you sense the distinct presence of Jastev's influence in the area.

There ya go....

[Edited on 12-26-2005 by The Ponzzz]

Gizmo
12-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Necromancer
I'm afraid I'm going to have to correct you on this one. Using your own deity isn't necessary. I went through this with my Paladin. I spent about 20 minutes in various rooms using their deity in the prayers to no avail. Then I started paying attention to the actual rooms and any altars or religious symbols in them, and I used prayers dedicated to the deities being represented...bingo, got myself anchors in all of them (don't actually remember where they're anchored in Icemule anymore I went to so many rooms)

It's always good for RP reasons to include your own deity, but the code is looking for the deity assigned to that room. Also, when in doubt, think about the deity that the entire area is dedicated to or just use Koar.

I'll correct you then, The prayer will work whether or not you state a deity, the only thing you need is a room with Spiritual Presence, you don't need to state the same deity within your prayer as it is the room you are in. Either way, just use SENSE as many of the folk here said, and say a prayer a few lings long and you should anchor.

Having played Paladins since release, both converted and non-converted, I tend to hope I know what I was talking about. Unless of course, the Anchor mechanics were updated when I left, then I was wrong.

Natso
12-26-2005, 04:38 PM
In order for the spell to work, do you need to life keep the dead person, or could someone else do it? I attempted to use the spell last night with a dead person.. and I got the message this area is non something to this holy ritual or some crap. When you are using it to transport a fallen victim, do you cast it, or pray something?

Gizmo
12-29-2005, 04:35 PM
They need to be Lifekept, and in your group. Hold them first, then cast the spell at them so long as you anchored.

vontez
08-16-2006, 03:24 PM
can you use this spell to transport dead people to evil far off places, like the sheruvian monestary?

Landrion
08-16-2006, 03:36 PM
You used one that short? Ugh.. I forget what mine was, but it was massive. Took me like 30 minutes to write one that worked.

DAMN YOU EORGINA FOR MAKING ME RECITE 8 LONG LINES OF PRAYER!

Thanks, that is all.

Be honored that the Goddess-Queen allows you to speak her name at all.

;-)

Goretawn
08-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Ta'Vaalor's anchor point is Kai's Statue, one south of VC. Did not see anyone else post it, so I thought I would.

Caede
08-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Ta'Vaalor's anchor point is Kai's Statue, one south of VC. Did not see anyone else post it, so I thought I would.

I've been meaning to check the new V'tull spot in Vaalor and see if I can send people there. Pass through VC, randomly send bodies there, rush down to the catacombs to molest them...

Kyrandos
09-11-2007, 05:20 PM
In order to anchor in lorminstras temple at the altar, Landing, I had to mention koars name.

Would be cool if you could anchor in several places, and then send them to whichever shrine you want by invoking their name in the prayer.

Celephais
09-11-2007, 05:25 PM
if you had linked the fuckers ... they wouldn't have been bumped by anyone outside of complete morons. And yes, we have plenty of them on the forum, but the chances of them caring enough to follow the link and then bump is almost zilch. Again, historically, linked threads don't get bumped ... people comment and quote on the older thread within the newer thread.

You're right on one thing, it doesn't matter if I agree with you ... but it the likeliness of it happening was very ... I mean very .. slim.
Just thought I would add this...

Khariz
09-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Just thought I would add this...

Thank you, my thoughts exactly.

Bobmuhthol
10-20-2007, 12:42 PM
rofl, bump