PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT ITEMS LIMIT

FinisWolf
09-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Dateline 9/15/2005: IMPORTANT ITEMS LIMIT

Recently, several characters have successfully corrupted themselves due to excessive inventory. While they can be restored, any items not registered are of course, lost to the ether.

The reason for this corruption is excessive inventory. In these cases, all had inventories in excess of 900 items. For this reason, please do not store excessive items on yourself or even so-called, "locker characters." Most people do not keep this much inventory on them due to encumbrance issues, but save excess to characters they do not play.

Make liberal use of your lockers, the gemshop, the furrier, the pawn shop, etc., but do be aware this is possible to do, and the end result will be a lot of waiting for a restoral and lost inventory.

Thank you for paying attention to this matter, and SELL! SELL! SELL!

Bobmuhthol
09-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Didn't Teeoncy complain that Khaladon tried to save her from this?

Vesi
09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Okay, does this mean if a character is corrupted, they just don't show up anymore? Or do they show up with fewer items or no items? Sorry for being so dense.

Vesi

Soulpieced
09-15-2005, 07:49 PM
The items just disappear. Character is still probably (maybe?) in tact. My character actually got corrupted back in 1996. Logged in one day and half my gear was just gone.

Bobmuhthol
09-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Corrupt characters = unpredictable. They get absolutely pwned in a lot of cases, and are most certainly not intact. Some characters end up cloning others, have different levels, professions, etc.

Vesi
09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
The items just disappear. Character is still probably (maybe?) in tact. My character actually got corrupted back in 1996. Logged in one day and half my gear was just gone.

Well... it could be my imagination but it seems some of my locker characters aren't holding as much as they were. Course I had so much stuff that I'll never really know what I lost until I start looking for something. (if I in fact lost things)

Vesi

Bobmuhthol
09-15-2005, 07:53 PM
If you do an inventory full and don't fill up nearly half of your scroll buffer, you should be fine.

Sean of the Thread
09-15-2005, 09:47 PM
MUAHAHAHAH !!!! Merchant WHORES be pwned in purgatory!!

Vesi
09-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Vesi

Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Corrupt characters = unpredictable. They get absolutely pwned in a lot of cases, and are most certainly not intact. Some characters end up cloning others, have different levels, professions, etc.

It won't matter much if they are just not rolled good. They are quick-gen anyway.

I wouldn't think any of my characters had 900 items, but I do know I kept like tons of crystals, scrolls and wands. I think I even have a few slate wands. Ah well, need to sell some off and buy more stuff!

Vesi major packrat

4a6c1
09-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Well shit. Nearly half of my 30 are locker chars. When is this gonna happen anyhoo?

Bobmuhthol
09-15-2005, 10:42 PM

It's a current problem.

ONE character can not handle more than 900 items. Unless you have over 9,000 on your locker chars, you shouldn't worry.

The Ponzzz
09-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Shit they better make armor resistance herbs bundlable... I had close to over 3 heaps full of drakefern for brig armor(about 240 in JUST drakefern)...

Drew
09-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit
Well shit. Nearly half of my 30 are locker chars. When is this gonna happen anyhoo?

15 locker characters? How much crap do you have?

The Ponzzz
09-16-2005, 08:56 AM
Heh hold a giant auction!

Warriorbird
09-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Character corruption = teh infinite sad.

4a6c1
09-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Drew

Originally posted by JihnasSpirit

15 locker characters? How much crap do you have?

Alot.

I buy things when I'm brainstorming new character ideas and when I get sick of the character or the idea of the character the themed gear goes on one of my locker bums.

:help:

ElanthianSiren
09-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Jihna, got any FGB you want to give me? :devilsmile: I promise, it's totally worthless and taking up excess room on your mules.

I wonder how many of those corrupted accounts are basic vs. how many are premium.

-M

Jayvn
09-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Hehe all those empaths just went 'fuck'

Some Rogue
09-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Jayvn
Hehe all those empaths just went 'fuck'

Then giggled a few times and went to make sure all that chocolate in their lockers was ok.:smilegrin: