PDA

View Full Version : Troll's Blood

Tsunami
09-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Troll's Blood fucking rocks! :heart::heart::heart:

Heh, I know its not new, but just brought out my empath in the first time for a while and damn! I can heal folks to my hearts content and just have to heal down my scars. Not to mention the benfits to anyone in my hunting group. Wheeeeeee!

Czeska
09-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Only problem with it in a group, is some people don't want to be left with scars. I tend to not use it in a group where someone's able to unstun besides me.

Hunting alone, though, I always have it on. It's sweet in wind wraiths.

Amber
09-15-2005, 07:57 PM
I use it in group hunts. Just make sure you either grab their wounds before they heal on their own with troll's blood or have herbs on hand for after the hunt to heal down their scars and you're set.

Kembal
09-16-2005, 12:22 PM
I do the same for group hunts. Though, of course, it might help if people understood that rank 1 scars have absolutely no effect on anything.

And I agree, Troll's Blood rocks. Saved my life in the bog last night when I got disarmed and stunned.

The Ponzzz
09-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Can't make the climbs from landing to Logoth with rank 1 scars. Uber retarded!

Kembal
09-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by The Ponzzz
Can't make the climbs from landing to Logoth with rank 1 scars. Uber retarded!

Umm...I make that climb all the time, with rank 1 scars all over.

The Ponzzz
09-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Perhaps its climbing rank based.

I can't tell you how many times I have left Logoth with a rank 1 scar, and couldn't make the climb, and was forced to hunt centaurs for 1000 silvers to ride back to Logoth and get an herb to ride back...

Killer Kitten
09-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Did empaths get any other spells that affect a group, or just Troll's Blood?

And, can Troll's Blood be cast like a mass spell, or does it stop working when one leaves the empaths group?

Czeska
09-16-2005, 08:48 PM
I believe if they stay in the same room as the empath, the spell stays on.

Drew
09-16-2005, 08:57 PM
It's annoying as hell for ambushers in your group because the scars affect hiding.

Czeska
09-16-2005, 09:48 PM
The only ambusher I really hunt with much can unstun. So there's no need for me to cast 1125 when I hunt with him. I'd rather stay on top of healing like I always did.

Hunting alone, I cast it always.

Gan
09-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Training in lore helps with HP recovery as well... the spell memnonics describe the overall effects.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=17092

Himmy
09-16-2005, 10:54 PM
You should all just fixskills to bone shatter and not take a hunting partner.

Czeska
09-17-2005, 01:42 AM
Not when my assault does the beautiful things it does. Bone shatter's for little stuff. Trolls blood keeps the stuns off. Life is good.

Drew2
09-17-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Czeska
Bone shatter's for little stuff.

You've obviously never met Tayre in game.

Not that you'd want to.

Czeska
09-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Tayre

Not that you'd want to.

Oh I have. I just move so as to stay in a reasonably good mood.

I meant that's how I use it, anyway. Not that that's the intended use for it.

Miss X
09-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Trolls blood is great for solo hunting. I'll never use it in a group though. I cannot understand why it was designed to leave scars, I think that was stupid and it will prevent me from ever making use of the spell in a group setting. We cant make all the herbs to remove the scars it leaves so it ends up costing the person you have healed.

Great in theory, but in practice.... As useless as the old trolls blood if you're into group hunting.

HarmNone
09-17-2005, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by Tayre

Not that you'd want to.

Oh I have. I just move so as to stay in a reasonably good mood.

:lol:

Stunseed
09-17-2005, 08:45 AM
< Great in theory, but in practice.... As useless as the old trolls blood if you're into group hunting. >

I disagree. If I knew I were hunting with an Empath, I'd gladly ( and do ) pack scar herbs. At one point, I said I would give up Spikethorn for Stunman/Berserk/Beseech. This actually gives my main a chance to break a stun ( heaven forbid! ).

Czeska
09-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Bottom line is, know the people you're hunting with and what they'd prefer. If they want the unstun, and don't care about scars, have at it, or carry herbs.

Gan
09-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Not when my assault does the beautiful things it does. Bone shatter's for little stuff. Trolls blood keeps the stuns off. Life is good.

Boneshatter is way more efficient in OTF than assault. It kills quicker, with less mana, and allows you to fend of more attacks with less stance dancing should your DS be low enough for that to be a factor.

Kitsun
09-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Bone shatter really is crazy goodness for OTF. Everything has bones and they break oh so crunchily.

Czeska
09-17-2005, 06:50 PM
When I get to OTF I'll remember that. Meanwhile, it depends on the critter. When one cast of 1110 (4 cycles) kills, and it takes 2 casts of 1106 sometimes, 1110 ends up being less mana. Obviously, dependant on what I hunt.

Drew
09-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
< Great in theory, but in practice.... As useless as the old trolls blood if you're into group hunting. >

I disagree. If I knew I were hunting with an Empath, I'd gladly ( and do ) pack scar herbs. At one point, I said I would give up Spikethorn for Stunman/Berserk/Beseech. This actually gives my main a chance to break a stun ( heaven forbid! ).

Yeah but if you are hunting with an empath who can cast troll's blood, most likely they know 108 too. I know it's not automatic but I'd rahter have a competent hunting partner casting 108,

Fallen
09-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah but if you are hunting with an empath who can cast troll's blood, most likely they know 108 too. I know it's not automatic but I'd rahter have a competent hunting partner casting 108, >>

TB would help with mass-stun maneuvers such as Glacei shards.

Czeska
09-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Or windwraiths, where anyone who jumps in gets stunned.

Again, really, just check with those in your group.

Himmy
09-18-2005, 11:35 AM
When I get to OTF I'll remember that. Meanwhile, it depends on the critter. When one cast of 1110 (4 cycles) kills, and it takes 2 casts of 1106 sometimes, 1110 ends up being less mana. Obviously, dependant on what I hunt.

As far as mana efficiency, you're right.. But, what if you don't wanna sit around and wait for assault to cycle four times? You could shatter twice, spend the extra two mana and be moving on while the assault empath is still standing there.

ElanthianSiren
09-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Not a fan of troll's blood.

I personally enjoy brutalizing people with my empath. Just a preference.

-M

Gan
09-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Himmy

As far as mana efficiency, you're right.. But, what if you don't wanna sit around and wait for assault to cycle four times? You could shatter twice, spend the extra two mana and be moving on while the assault empath is still standing there.

This especially comes into play when you're standing around in a defensive stance and have to dodge manuever attacks while waiting on that 3rd and 4th cycle. Speed is your friend when you're flat footed.

Stunseed
09-18-2005, 02:02 PM
< but I'd rahter have a competent hunting partner casting 108, >

As would I. But in places like the Stronghold, get stunned, and in a split second of the partner in RT, you very well might get fisted. Most times I am that competen hunting partner, but with Troll's Blood, it assists me as well.

Killer Kitten
09-18-2005, 02:15 PM
So if you cast Troll's Blood in a group, it keeps affecting the people in the group as long as they stay in the same room, even if they leave your group?

If you cast it, does it affect other people in the room even if you're not grouped with them?

And... if the spell heals a wound off of somebody in your group, do you get the exp for the wound since you cast the spell?

And... since nobody answered this part of my question last time, I'll ask it again. Did empaths get any group affecting spells besides Troll's Blood?

Gan
09-18-2005, 02:53 PM
No

No

No

Killer Kitten
09-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

What about my last question?

Jolena
09-18-2005, 09:17 PM
no we didn't get any other group spells.

Czeska
09-18-2005, 09:48 PM
I use assault when there are multiple critters, as I can be attacking one while the other one cycles. Or I skin the first dead one, pick up gems, etc, while the second one cycles. I find that to be very efficient in most places I hunt.

In darkstone, for example, I'll boneshatter steeds since they don't allow for the 1110 cycles, and assault the trollkings.