PDA

View Full Version : Damn Officials

Doughboy
09-15-2005, 12:45 AM
You belt out, "Join for nothing!"

A passing tax collecter taxes Bisco a "advertising something for nothing that was really nothing or something like that" tax.

You say, "Damn tax collectors..."

A passing tax collecter yells, "Bisco has no silver for the tax! Constable! Tax evasion!"

Suddenly, a pair of lawmen come striding in. They wrestle you to the ground and drag you off, muttering something about the stocks!

[Town Square, West]
Here in the midst of the town stretches the cobblestoned main bazaar, its lamplit lanes abuzz with traders and vendors hawking their wares at any hour of the day or night. Groups of citizens, discussing the day's events or preparing for nighttime hunts, gather around the doors of the merchants whose shops border the square. The gilded but peeling stone facade of the First Elanith Bank dominates this side of the square. You also see a basket of rotting fruit, a city official, a short sword, a twohanded sword, some light leather and a wooden shield.
Also here: Whind, Mortbane who is sitting
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
A waiting city official nods as a duo of burly assistants comes in. One assistant is dragging in a set of solid wooden stocks, while the other brings in a basket of rotting fruit. The assistants take some time to make sure everything is in order before trotting off.

Suddenly, the lawmen holding you throw you roughly towards the stocks. They quickly put your hands and head into the stocks and secure the top half of the stocks, locking you into place!

The city official walks to the stocks and checks your bonds. Satisfied that they are tight, he stares at you before saying, "There you will stay until your time is done. Be lively now...I'll be asking you some simple questions every once in a while to make sure that you're alert and aware. Can't have people throwing rotten fruit at someone asleep. That just doesn't have the same fun in it. If you do fall asleep on me and not answer my questions, I'll add more time, so you better stay sharp! Wouldn't want to die of old age in that thing, eh?" The official then quietly snickers to himself.

A city official sarcastically says, "What a way to top off my day. I just love watching miscreants in stocks."

You say, "Last time I take an order from the constable."

You say, "Feh."

Axhinde yells, "Heck no we won't go, let's the baker Bisco go!"

Fremie yells, "Bishco ish innoshent! I shwear!"

The city official says, "In my day, tax cheats had little sticks shoved under their nails on their fingers and toes and then they were lit on fire. Was fun."

A city official says, "Bisco is a weenie, face it."

Axhinde yells, "Everybody join in the riot for Bisco's release!"

A city official says, "Riot eh? You can join him."

Axhinde smirks.

Suddenly, a pair of lawmen come striding in. They wrestle Axhinde to the ground, muttering something about the stocks!

A waiting city official nods as a duo of burly assistants comes in. One assistant is dragging in a set of solid wooden stocks, while the other brings in a basket of rotting fruit. The assistants take some time to make sure everything is in order before trotting off.

Suddenly, the lawmen holding Axhinde throw him roughly towards the stocks. They quickly put his hands and head into the stocks and secure the top half of the stocks, locking Axhinde into place!

The city official walks to the stocks and checks Axhinde's bonds. Satisfied that they are tight, he stares at Axhinde before saying, "There you will stay until your time is done. Be lively now...I'll be asking you some simple questions every once in a while to make sure that you're alert and aware. Can't have people throwing rotten fruit at someone asleep. That just doesn't have the same fun in it. If you do fall asleep on me and not answer my questions, I'll add more time, so you better stay sharp! Wouldn't want to die of old age in that thing, eh?" The official then quietly snickers to himself.

Speaking to a city official, Fremie says, "I hear Helga opened a new keg tonight, shame yer missin' it."

A city official says, "I'm on the wagon Fremie. Enjoy it though."

Speaking in broken common to a city official, Whind exclaims, "No likes yous!"

A city official says, "Sod off, bug."

A city official says, "Winged freak."

Speaking in broken common to a city official, Whind exclaims, "Takes BACK!"

Fremie ponders.

Speaking to a city official, you say, "I'll see you removed from your position."

Whind is revealed from hiding.
Whind moves to attack a city official.

With a shrill cry that reminds you of a small girl, a city official leaps to the side. Whind falls off balance and tries to correct, but he overcompensates, flailing his arms wildly.

A city official screams, "Help! Help! I'm being attacked!"

Fremie stares dreamily at the First Elanith bank, as if he wanted to steal it.

You notice Whind botch an attempt to conceal himself.

A city official says, "Ok, I take it back."

Fremie ponders.

Whind blushes and babbles a few incoherent words, looking sincerely flustered.

Zsaszz just arrived.

You say, "Screams like a girl."

You chuckle.

A city official says, "Weirdo.'

Zsaszz just went south.

The night watchman walks in, with a number of weapon-wielding deputies behind him.

With great ease, the night watchman grabs Whind and shackles his wrists.

"I have you now! You best come along quietly, or you'll face the consequences," says the night watchman.

Nattor says, "Official.. arrest those men.."

You smirk.

[Town Square, West]
Here in the midst of the town stretches the cobblestoned main bazaar, its lamplit lanes abuzz with traders and vendors hawking their wares at any hour of the day or night. Groups of citizens, discussing the day's events or preparing for nighttime hunts, gather around the doors of the merchants whose shops border the square. The gilded but peeling stone facade of the First Elanith Bank dominates this side of the square. You also see the Axhinde disk, a basket of rotting fruit, a city official, a short sword, a twohanded sword, some light leather and a wooden shield.
Also here: a stunned Lord Fremie, Nattor, Axhinde who is set in stocks, Mortbane who is sitting
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

Nattor points at Fremie.

Nattor points at you.

Speaking to you, Fremie asks, "They let ya out eh?"

Fremie blinks at Nattor.

Fremie asks, "What I do?"

Speaking to Nattor, you ask, "Remind me why I havent cracked yer head open yet?"

The city official says, "I should. Fremie for impersonating a wizard."

Speaking to a city official, Fremie exclaims, "Looks like yer impersonatin' Helga's rear to me!"

Fremie folds his arms over his chest.

Fremie exclaims to the official, "You lewdster! Die!"

The city official says, "I'd say impersonating a rogue, but from what I heard, the only box he's been able to pop was some girl he had to hand a large bag of silver too. And his last pickpocketing attempt, he just used to feel up Helga."

You say, "Phoney taxes these days now."

You belt out, "I demand to see the mayor!"

You belt out, "This official is making a mockery of our justice system!"

The city official says, "So sod off and go see the mayor."

Speaking to a city official, Fremie asks, "You got a name eh?"

The city official says, "Yes. You may address me as, "Sir."

Fremie asks, "Shirl, eh?"

The city official quips, "Keep it boozing up Fremie. No wonder they say your quite fast at what you do. Then again, the girls all say your quite fast at what you do around the bathhouse. In and out in sixty seconds."

With a sudden flash of insight, you realize you now understand more of what you have experienced.....

Traigen says, "Um that was odd."

Fremie takes a drink from his black demon rum.
Fremie's eyes glaze over slightly and his face pales.
Fremie is stunned!

Traigen asks, "Anyone else see that?"

Fremie glances at a city official.

Whind works his fingers under his skull cap and scratches his head.

Traigen says, "With a sudden flash of insight, you realize you now understand more of what you have experienced....."

The city official says, "Yes. You are odd alrighty.

Fremie glances at Traigen.

Whind gives Traigen a rather puzzled look.

Fulmen sighs.

The city official rolls his eyes.

(Whind nods slowly to Traigen and smiles politely.)

The city official says, "Never you mind about those questions, Axhinde. It seems your time is up."

The city official says, "Well, Axhinde, I hope you've learned your lesson now. You may go." With that, the official walks over to Axhinde and sets him free.

The city official mutters something under his breath as two burly assistants come in and drag the set of wooden stocks and the basket away.

Fremie ponders.

Speaking in broken common to Axhinde, Whind exclaims, "You frees!"

Fulmen chuckles.

The city official heads off.

[Edited on 9-15-2005 by Doughboy]

Axhinde
09-15-2005, 12:50 AM
This guy...

Traigen says, "With a sudden flash of insight, you realize you now understand more of what you have experienced....."

...almost ruined the whole thing. I was laughing my ass off until that comment. DUR!

Praefection
09-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Heh, maybe it's a first RP aware. I was just as stupid when I first got one too.

Axhinde
09-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Mine is completely different than that though. I wonder if the messaging is random, as I've gotten different ones.

Shari
09-15-2005, 12:59 AM
The city official says, "I'd say impersonating a rogue, but from what I heard, the only box he's been able to pop was some girl he had to hand a large bag of silver too. And his last pickpocketing attempt, he just used to feel up Helga."

HOLY CRAP! I can't believe a GM would be allowed to say something like that in the game!

Fucking hilarious, none the less. God I wish I was there.

Doughboy
09-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Yeah it's random Axhinde.

I wish I had gotten more of the log though, but you get the basic idea from it...

Gan
09-15-2005, 01:07 AM
That rocks!

Drew
09-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Very funny.