PDA

View Full Version : Attune Changes

TheRoseLady
09-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Dateline 9/13/2005: ATTUNE CHANGES

The process of Elemental Attunement via the ATTUNE verb has been changed slightly in anticipation of upcoming changes to Call Familiar. The change removes the ties the ATTUNE system had to the four Elemental Lore skills and instead allows a player to select a particular type of elemental energy to ATTUNE to. This selection is a one-time choice, and cannot be changed or undone.

Check the ATTUNE verb for more details and usage options.

--
Naos

---

Someone on the main boards mentioned that your eyes change with your attunement, does anyone know how this works? Verb or whatever?

From Mestys

>The eye color messaging to gone, no matter if you SET ATTUNE and then ATTUNE ELEMENT or not. -CARABELE

The eye color messaging is present for Wizards when using ATTUNE ELEMENT.

>Ralichar closes his eyes in concentration for a moment. When he opens them again, a misty blue glow fills them briefly before fading.

----

You will still be able to use Attune Random but you will also have a permanent element.

Jayvn
09-14-2005, 07:53 AM
It only changes your eyes for that brief moment, Also when I attune set to water I found 3t's in the attune... which doesn't matter I bugged the typo but it drove me crazy... You are now atttuned to the element of water.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-14-2005, 07:56 AM
If it affects call familiar, why would anyone attune right now anyway...?

Kitsun
09-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Because people love to bitch about the most trivial things.

Jayvn
09-14-2005, 10:15 AM
I was water in GS3, I don't care how it affects me.. If you already rp your char as being attuned to something why worry how it will affect you adversly in the future?
aka stop reading mechanics and just play.. it is a game after all.
ps. by game i mean life.

[Edited on 9-14-2005 by Jayvn]

Sean
09-14-2005, 10:20 AM
It's a game that operates around mechanics...

Kitsun
09-14-2005, 10:23 AM
The mechanics affected by attune are so minimal that its laughable how anal people have to be about really trivial details. Its not like you'll ever lose the ability to cast fire spells if you attune to ice.

You can always attune back to random, too.

Jayvn
09-14-2005, 10:29 AM
It doesn't seem that like great of rp if your basing what you attune to on something like 'but fire will give me 3 more damage when I cast at an ice elemental' Then again I've seen High lords in tsc say "BRB" ...

Axhinde
09-14-2005, 12:17 PM
If it affects our call familiars in some unforseen way after the changes it could affect roleplay. So far we don't know exactly what attune will do for it(I don't at least, maybe somebody has heard something.)

Latrinsorm
09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
What was wrong with the lore-based system again?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Jayvn
I was water in GS3, I don't care how it affects me.. If you already rp your char as being attuned to something why worry how it will affect you adversly in the future?
aka stop reading mechanics and just play.. it is a game after all.
ps. by game i mean life.

[Edited on 9-14-2005 by Jayvn]

I'm not reading mechanics you overreacting putz. My point, which you ignored, is why would you attune if you don't know what it'll do with familiars? You say "My RP is WATER attuned..." what if by attuning to water you now can only summon birds? Who the fuck knows what down stream impact it'll have? I haven't seen shit that says once you've attuned you'll be able to go to random if you want. I "worry" about how it'll affect me in the future for the same fucking reason when I type CONVERT I know it's supposedly FOREVER. THATS why I asked, not because of mechanics.

What I have seen is this...

This selection is a one-time choice, and cannot be changed or undone.

Kitsun
09-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Official boards - post by Naos states that you will always retain the ability to attune random.

I don't feel like digging for the post number, but its there.

TheRoseLady
09-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
Official boards - post by Naos states that you will always retain the ability to attune random.

I don't feel like digging for the post number, but its there.

I also posted it in my original post. I'm not attuning until I see what changes come down the pike concerning familiars. And whoever said that the changes were minimal, seems that element affects a number of spells. So that is a subjective call.

But I do see from just reading the boards that the Sorcs are out enmasse whining bitterly about the eye thing. :lol:

Really, I was thinking that you could attune to your element and then also use a random if you want....am I mistaken somehow?

[Edited on 9-14-2005 by TheRoseLady]

Letum
09-15-2005, 01:10 PM
I've attuned with a non-wizard and attune random seems to work fine under the changes.

Sorcerers whine about everything. It is rather ironic.

Remnar
09-15-2005, 04:34 PM
MY wizard has not been attuned to an element yet, even with the soon-to-be-obsolete lore-based attunement. Does attunement increase the damage of respective spells you're attuned to?

Kitsun
09-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Remnar
MY wizard has not been attuned to an element yet, even with the soon-to-be-obsolete lore-based attunement. Does attunement increase the damage of respective spells you're attuned to?

Attunement has no direct effect on the damage potential of any wizard based bolt spell.

Under the old system, the DF would have been increased because of the elemental lore required in order to attune.

Attunement might change the flare type on a few spells, but honestly I don't think I've ever needed to use those spells in combat scenarios.

Weaponfire, major ewave, eblade... big freaking deal.

Jolena
09-15-2005, 04:51 PM
I was always under the (mistaken it seems heh!) impression that fire lore does help with fire based wizard spells.

[Edited on 9-15-2005 by Jolena]

Kitsun
09-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Right. That is exactly what I said.

Lore = DF Boost, other miscellanious goodies
Attune does not provide DF boost or direct benefits to spells