PDA

View Full Version : Ackward situations.

Shari
09-13-2005, 04:28 AM
You ever have it when you get into a situation, that YOU YOURSELF helped instigate, and it gets worse and you don't know how to put a stop to it without feeling like a collosal dumbass, and you're just wishing you could try and clarify what your intentions were but its too late and your stuck staring at your computer screen thinking, "Why the hell do I bring this onto myself" and there's no way to get out of it unless you type QUIT and you can't because you know that later on your just going to have to deal with the consiquences of having done that and just have to deal with it all over again?

<dies>

Fallen
09-13-2005, 04:33 AM
Yep. For example, the other day, I was distracted while having a meaningful RP interaction and Yipsy came and started bothering me. I only wanted to prep a spell so that she would run and hide, but I typed 720.

I was instantly vaporized. I felt like typing QUIT, but I just had to deal with the mistake.

P.S.

I felt instantly better once I killed Yipsy.

Shari
09-13-2005, 04:44 AM
Wow do I ever wish my situation was similar to that. :(

Alfster
09-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Heh, good luck Jesae.

Run, run far.

[Edited on 9-13-2005 by Alfster]

Praefection
09-13-2005, 05:41 AM
Haha, Sithes? I saw you with him earlier and I had the SAME thing happen. Ugh.

Parkbandit
09-13-2005, 07:22 AM
Am I the only one that reads something of a sexual nature in Jesae's post?

Drew
09-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Yes.

TheRoseLady
09-13-2005, 07:24 AM

After Praefection's post, I'm getting the feeling that she might have taken someone to Silvergate and got more than she bargained for....

(J/k on the Silvergate part....)

Wezas
09-13-2005, 07:33 AM

Of course not.

Tromp
09-13-2005, 08:29 AM
Jesae sounds like the guy who really wants to chew his arm off rather than waking up the person next to him.

Chew fast and bite hard!

Shalla
09-13-2005, 08:33 AM

No, I initially thought it was something related to a fight, but she ruled out fallen's pwned.. and the fact she's hesitant to include the reason for the awkwardness. I can only assume it's something related to flirting..

Shari
09-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Praefection....you have just won a million dollars! What are you going to do next?

hectomaner
09-13-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
and there's no way to get out of it unless you type QUIT and you can't because you know that later on your just going to have to deal with the consiquences of having done that and just have to deal with it all over again?

<dies>

i wish i could type QUIT in RL sometimes to avoid those situations

Shari
09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah, so something very...kinda weird happened to myself (Playing Jesae) and it was just like...."Please let some GM bolt me from the sky."

Let me make this very clear. I don't cyber. EVAR. I don't even like to do really explicit affection or "snuggling" in game. It creeps me out. If I want a heavy make-out session with heavy petting I'll turn off my computer and pounce Scott.

Jesae is an Ivas follower. I like that she flirts, seduces, etc. I'm also of the opinion that sex in GS should exist the way toilets do in black and white tv shows our parents (Or PB) used to watch: You know the characters would have to take a shit SOMETIME, but you never heard or saw it going on.

Latrinsorm
09-13-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm also of the opinion that sex in GS should exist the way toilets do in black and white tv shows our parents (Or PB) used to watch: You know the characters would have to take a shit SOMETIME, but you never heard or saw it going on.Instead of doing acts or anything just take the guy (girl?) to a latched room and be like whisper gnome We just had sex. Now get the hell out.

hectomaner
09-13-2005, 01:02 PM
good metaphor. anything showing how old PB is is ok in my book

Shari
09-13-2005, 01:11 PM
ROFL.

Sylvan Dreams
09-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
Yep. For example, the other day, I was distracted while having a meaningful RP interaction and Yipsy came and started bothering me. I only wanted to prep a spell so that she would run and hide, but I typed 720.

I was instantly vaporized. I felt like typing QUIT, but I just had to deal with the mistake.

P.S.

I felt instantly better once I killed Yipsy.

Was wondering what happened to you.

Shalla
09-13-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm curious who the guy is. or girl? :whistle:

Shari
09-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Instead of doing acts or anything just take the guy (girl?) to a latched room and be like whisper gnome We just had sex. Now get the hell out.

And on another note, who's to say that Jes has even HAD sex....she can still be virginal!

<patiently waits for uproarous laughter>

Parkbandit
09-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by hectomaner
good metaphor. anything showing how old PB is is ok in my book

:sniffle:

Parkbandit
09-13-2005, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Instead of doing acts or anything just take the guy (girl?) to a latched room and be like whisper gnome We just had sex. Now get the hell out.

And on another note, who's to say that Jes has even HAD sex....she can still be virginal!

<patiently waits for uproarous laughter>

She's not. Trust me.

ElanthianSiren
09-13-2005, 01:32 PM
I can't say I've ever had one of *those* moments, though I have had moments of extreme rage, which I do find embarassing after the fact generally. I just have terrible anger-management mixed with a very sarcastic personality (cut me some slack -- I'm scots-irish), though I'm working on it.

-M

Wezas
09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Sounds like another reason to come back to WoW.

They're even implimenting features just for you:

New "Dressing Room" Interface now available! If you control-left click on any item, item reference (vendors, quests) or item link (chat), a UI panel will appear showing your character wearing that item. You can then use the same command (control-left click) on additional items to add to the preview appearance. In addition, the Auction House now has a checkbox in the upper right-hand corner; if checked, any item you click on within the Auction House will automatically be previewed on your character.

Shari
09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Pish. Sorry babe but I doubt I'm coming back.

Wezas
09-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Can't hack it, I understand.

Happens to the bes... well, not really.

Happens to the quitters.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-13-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm gonna bring my female rogue in and say "hello" to Sithes...

Shari
09-13-2005, 01:55 PM
In his defense, he's a really good roleplayer. I was just kindof shocked that someone with that kind of skill would channel it into....that.

Axhinde
09-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Dude, just tell him what I told you to. Guaranteed he'll stop.

Jolena
09-13-2005, 02:08 PM
You'd probably be surprised, Jesae, at how many really excellent RP'ers do engage in cyber sex in Gemstone even if it is just once in a while to further the realism of their characters. Including myself :D

That being said, I'd just tell the guy in an OOC whisper that you weren't interested and leave the room if he won't respect it. Being upfront is the best way to handle it in my opinion.

Doyle Hargraves
09-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Ackward situations.

Awkward.

Jolena
09-13-2005, 02:09 PM
She might have put "ACK" instead due to feeling like yelling out Ack!!!11!!

Terminator X
09-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Tell him you possess teh PP, IRL.

And herpes...

...with gonorrea...

...and the gout.

- The Termite

Doyle Hargraves
09-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
She might have put "ACK" instead due to feeling like yelling out Ack!!!11!!

Would make sense I suppose.

Alfster
09-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Or, send me the log and i'll post it for you!

Shari
09-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Nah. I don't wanna post it. The guy probably doesn't even frequent these boards and I'll save him the humiliation. Hopefully I can just keep avoiding him. :(

Oh, and I thought that's how you spelled awkward. Its not a word I use frequently as very little freaks me out. But it certainly was an "ack"-worthy situation.

[Edited on 9-13-2005 by Jesae]

HouseofElves
09-13-2005, 02:57 PM
XXXXXX out his name. Showwwwww us.

09-13-2005, 02:58 PM
If you think it's awkward now, wait until you find out you're pregnant.

Alfster
09-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by HouseofElves
XXXXXX out his name. Showwwwww us.

Can I Jesae?

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE

weasel82
09-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Let me guess...you just opened a Gemstone account, right?

Parkbandit
09-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets
If you think it's awkward now, wait until you find out you're pregnant.

LMFAO

:lol::lol::lol:

"Next thing you know there's change missing from your dresser and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a hundred times."

Shari
09-13-2005, 09:51 PM
His name was already told in this thread, Praefection released it. :D

Leetahkin
09-13-2005, 09:53 PM
I saw him in Solhaven, then you shortly thereafter. I almost whispered a warning to you with my young character, but refrained.

Shari
09-14-2005, 12:36 AM
I was good. I saw him in the Landing and simply whispered to him that I was uncomfortable with the whole ordeal. He was suprisingly cool about it and hopefully we can continue to roleplay in a non-weirdish sort of way.