PDA

View Full Version : Rats

Showal
09-09-2005, 03:31 PM
I can generally pride myself on knowing just about any bit of useless information on rats and rat care, but I am basically clueless as to who is a good breeder. Does anyone know any reputable breeders?

Has anyone heard of these breeders:

http://www.spoiledratten.com

Are they any good?

Warriorbird
09-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I can ask of some friends of mine who, like you, strangely seem to like rats.

Showal
09-09-2005, 03:40 PM
It's most likely just me dreaming and I will ultimately decide I can't right now get any rats. My last two past away last month and now I am ratless. So don't worry about going out of your way. Besides, the information is good to know in general because people usually ask me if they have any rat questions.

Warriorbird
09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
I'll check back with my friend later. She's out now.

AnticorRifling
09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I can get you a list of companies that we buy rats from for our experiments. The prices vary depending on male, female, genus, age, special feeding, etc. It's sweet how they kill them for examination though but I'll spare you the cool details unless you want them.

Ohh and they have rats with no skull caps, just a bunch of wires attached to the brain, little guys run around in this big ass bowl like nothing is wrong while a computer records shit. It's sweet.

DeV
09-09-2005, 07:17 PM
This thread makes my skin crawl. God, you people are brave and quite odd as well.

I do like spiders though.

Viridian
09-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I love rats, I've had them as pets, they are great, never bred them though.... AnticorRifling, just made me feel really sad and creeped out...

meh, as long as its in the name of science....I guess..:sniffle:

Artha
09-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Ohh and they have rats with no skull caps, just a bunch of wires attached to the brain, little guys run around in this big ass bowl like nothing is wrong while a computer records shit. It's sweet.
They need to start doing that with people.