PDA

View Full Version : Rate a cleric .... !

Wuxong
09-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Here is my cleric.. he is a level 6 pure and voln member.... can anyone tell me if I got this right for a pure smit cleric... I think I am ok on the skills but I am not sure if the stats are right due to the fact I made his as a brawler and decided to go pure for more fun with magics.... Please tell me if yah have any advice about increasing my CS as well.... Here is what I did ....

Strength (STR): 72 (16) ... 72 (16)
Constitution (CON): 53 (1) ... 53 (1)
Dexterity (DEX): 51 (0) ... 51 (0)
Agility (AGI): 52 (1) ... 52 (1)
Discipline (DIS): 63 (6) ... 63 (6)
Aura (AUR): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Logic (LOG): 63 (11) ... 63 (11)
Intuition (INT): 92 (26) ... 92 (26)
Wisdom (WIS): 92 (21) ... 92 (21)
Influence (INF): 53 (1) ... 53 (1)

Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 35 7
Physical Fitness...................| 35 7
Arcane Symbols.....................| 35 7
Magic Item Use.....................| 35 7
Harness Power......................| 66 14
Spirit Mana Control................| 35 7
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 35 7
First Aid..........................| 35 7

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 6

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 6

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 6

I seem to hunt ok..I am just looking for any small fixes people might have to make me that much more powerfull.........

At 6th train I blast mummys away with a 49 CS..

You channel at a lesser mummy.
A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a lesser mummy.
CS: +49 - TD: +18 + CvA: +25 + d100: +81 == +137
Warding failed!
A cascade of blue-white energy waves buffets a lesser mummy.
The lesser mummy is hit for 40 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Blistering bolt of energy causes the lesser mummy's eyelid to burn to a crisp!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the lesser mummy's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The lesser mummy falls to the ground motionless.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

here is a better example of the blasting

You channel at a lesser mummy.
A scintillating, blue-white aura encompasses a lesser mummy.
CS: +49 - TD: +18 + CvA: +25 + d100: +65 == +121
Warding failed!
A minuscule blue-white star slowly ascends from the floor directly under the lesser mummy, blinking in and out of existence as it passes through the mummy's skin. Upon reaching its apex just above the mummy, the star explodes in a brilliant display of sound and light. Tiny sparks of energy shower down upon a lesser mummy, causing the mummy to writhe in agony as its entire being is covered in a brilliant white glow.You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the lesser mummy's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The lesser mummy falls to the floor dead, its skin still pulsating with a blinding white

[Edited on 9-9-2005 by Wuxong]

Sean of the Thread
09-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Just curious.. are you new to GS?

Wuxong
09-09-2005, 07:59 AM
no just very knew to a CS and clerics.. I have one character a ranger that i have been playing for about a year.. sorry if i seem stupid.... lol

Sean of the Thread
09-09-2005, 08:08 AM
No no.. I didn't mean it that way. You just seem enthusiastic about the game lately is all.

Wuxong
09-09-2005, 05:14 PM
That is true for sure Xyelin.. I been aroun off and on for awhile.. But the joys of my ranger have finally got me into the RP.. that and I enjoy that there is almost a limitless ammount of knowledge out there involving this game.. I do know rangers well. The other type well... yeah thats why I am here... This forum has done more to help me in the last 2 months then a the entire group of collective web pages on Gemstone... I guess after a few years of just screwing off i am ready to step in with the big dogs of gemstone.. now only if my training would agree.. lol I didnt take it wrong when you said I was new. I was just joking back.....

Wuxong
09-09-2005, 05:18 PM
What I really need is someone to expliang to me the mechanins of a cleric CS: ... I havent to foggiest clue on how it all workds..

Viridian
09-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Your stats look great. But out of curiosity, why aren't you doubling in spell aim? Bolts can be a great attack, because sometimes just a casting won't do, my Cleric is able to hunt over her head using holy bolt and fire spirit.

Stunseed
09-09-2005, 05:39 PM
< why aren't you doubling in spell aim? >

Either double in it, or don't train in it at all. It's a waste if you're not going to be gung ho about it.

Personally, my Cleric uses no Spell Aim, and is a brawling Fu beast. At 33, I'm able to hunt the inner ward of Varunar with relative ease.

Wuxong
09-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I am still in my 30 days.. I did 2 double Spell Aim.. At a younger age with just 306 and very lil mana i decided to go this route for now..... I know that spell aim is double or nothing and I know that brawling shield can be awesome...... I will do one or the other sooner or later.. but for now i like this path... Lets say i want to be able to self spell and hunt... which is better in that manner ... brawl / runstaff what will it be folks..