PDA

View Full Version : Yummy!

The Cat In The Hat
09-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Chinese Eatery Sold Donkey in Tiger Urine
Thursday, September 8, 2005 6:58 PM EDT
The Associated Press

SHANGHAI, China (AP) — A restaurant in northeastern China that advertised illegal tiger meat dishes was found instead to be selling donkey flesh — marinated in tiger urine, a newspaper reported Thursday.

The Hufulou restaurant, located beside the Heidaohezi tiger reserve near the city of Hailin, had advertised stir-fried tiger meat with chilies for $98as well as liquor flavored with tiger bone for $74 a bottle, the China Daily reported.

Raw meat was priced at $864 per kilogram.

The sale of tiger parts is illegal in China and officers shut down the restaurant, only to be told by owner, Ma Shikun, that the meat was actually that of donkeys, flavored with tiger urine to give the dish a "special" tang, the newspaper said.

The report didn't say how the urine was obtained.

Authorities confiscated the restaurant's profits and fined Ma $296 it said. It wasn't clear what Ma was fined for. Selling donkey meat is not illegal in China and it is widely consumed in the northeast.

Ma had initially claimed that the meat came from dead tigers sold to him by the management of the Heidaohezi reserve, but later changed his story, the report said.

While Heidaohezi's director denied that claim, the reserve, with about 150 tigers, has been involved in similar controversies in the past.

Until China outlawed the trade in 1993, the reserve received most of its revenue from the sale of tiger skins, bones and other body parts, which are believed by Chinese to imbue vigor and sexual prowess.

Terminator X
09-09-2005, 12:02 AM
What a rip-off. Were there at least genuine tiger kidney-stones and/or gout-residue in the tiger peepee? :rant:

Leetahkin
09-09-2005, 12:06 AM
:barf:

peam
09-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Pretty much anyone trying to eat a tiger probably deserves a big plate of piss-soaked donkey meat.

Celephais
09-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Pretty much anyone trying to eat a tiger probably deserves a big plate of piss-soaked donkey meat.
Nobody deserves teeoncy...

The Cat In The Hat
09-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Celephais

Nobody deserves teeoncy...

Hey hey!

This is a piss soaked teeoncy free thread!

Behave!

The Cat In The Hat
09-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by peam

I completley agree :)

I couldn't halp but want to gag though when I was reading it.

Was watching Ripleys Believe It Or Not the other day (My moms addicted) and they showed this place... I totally forget where... But cows are sacred there and they start every morning by waiting for the cow to pee, rubbing it in their hair and on their face and some people even drink it.

Nasty!

Toxicvixen
09-09-2005, 12:27 AM
But cows are sacred there and they start every morning by waiting for the cow to pee, rubbing it in their hair and on their face and some people even drink it.

For that extra shiny hair and great for tightening pores! :lol:

This thread is nasty. So glad I ate dinner a couple hours ago.

The Cat In The Hat
09-09-2005, 12:29 AM
ROFL

Wow I think this is becomming habit! I also made a poop on a fork thread...

Im paying my daighter back for that one though. She gets to go to the dentist in the morning :lol: Teach her to bring me poop on a fork!

Toxicvixen
09-09-2005, 12:30 AM
I read that thread actually. :D Cat is the gross out Queen!

The Cat In The Hat
09-09-2005, 12:32 AM
:blndwhip:

Get a 4 year old and you will be too!