PDA

View Full Version : weapon specialization

lexbubba
09-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Everyone is recommending to train in the combat manuever weapon specialization (along with surge and bonding). How many ranks of wspec do I need? Should I get them all in wspec1 first then wspec2? How much do you need for weapon bonding? If I master surge and bonding, should I just use the rest on wspec?

Warriorbird
09-07-2005, 01:58 PM
wspec2 is for a different weapon. You need 3 in wspec1 for weapon bonding.

I'd reccomend 3 in wspec first, then up to 4 or 5 depending on how your points end up after getting 5 in bonding and 4 or 5 in surge.

[Edited on 9-7-2005 by Warriorbird]

Latrinsorm
09-07-2005, 02:55 PM
I vigorously recommend against getting past rank 3 in wspec. Warriors do have a crapload of cman points to work with, but 18 CMP for 4 AS is (IMO) extremely wasteful. Maybe after you got surge, mobility, bonding, and sunder, plus feint, berserk, and a knockdown if you aren't getting them through the guild (for whatever reason).

Warriorbird
09-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I like it for the passive feint/disarm/weapon related cman bonus mainly.

[Edited on 9-7-2005 by Warriorbird]

Latrinsorm
09-07-2005, 03:57 PM
In the case of maneuver boost I look at it like the open rolls. For stuff I can hit, my chance of failure is either 0 or very close to 0, so the 4 (or open positive roll) isn't doing anything worth 18 CMP. For stuff I can't hit, I really, really can't hit them, so the 4 (and open roll) still doesn't help.

Warriorbird
09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
:shrugs: :nods: Makes sense. I like having a +20 bonus to maneuvering however. I think it's fairly significant, total.

FinisWolf
09-08-2005, 02:17 AM
I enjoy bonding, wspec, and surge ... for me AS is key as I love to way overhunt!

Finis

Sean of the Thread
09-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by FinisWolf
I enjoy bonding, wspec, and surge ... for me AS is key as I love to way overhunt!

Finis

HUNT??
:gasp:

You mean to tell us that you do more than merchant whore now days?

:lightning bolt:

Terminator X
09-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Is there an overall, I use that term loosely, mechanical advantage to learning bonding before either specialization and/or surge? I'm thinking AS bonus...

mgoddess
09-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Terminator X
Is there an overall, I use that term loosely, mechanical advantage to learning bonding before either specialization and/or surge? I'm thinking AS bonus...

Well, keep in mind you ned to have three ranks in WSpec before you can start on bonding...go prereqs...

Warriorbird
09-08-2005, 11:10 AM
"Is there an overall, I use that term loosely, mechanical advantage to learning bonding before either specialization and/or surge? I'm thinking AS bonus... "

You have to have 3 in specialization before you can bond

:P

But the secondary effects of bonding make the ranks of it more valuable than the wspec ranks past that point.