PDA

View Full Version : A young thief in the works.

Trinitis
10-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Ok, here is my plans..

If all goes well, 99% of the population will not know I'm a thief. I want everyone to think my theif is a nice, happy, friendly picker who likes to help people out. On the same end, no one..and I mean NO one, is safe from his roaming hands. I will steal from anyone who gives me half the chance.

on top of that..I've come up with a few ways to possibly scam people using him (I know some people are going to be sorely agenst this, but It falls perfectly into his RP...he is a thief, a scammer..he is all about the silver.)

Any other ideas for you more experienced rogues?

-Adredrin

Artha
10-04-2003, 07:10 AM
Unless you want to be cought alot, don't bother stealing until you're around 15-18.

For stats, with GSIV coming, you should stick a 90 in Intelligence, Logic, Strength, and Reflexes, a 70 in Discipline, and then just fill everything out from there.

Xcalibur
10-04-2003, 08:45 AM
no intelligence in gs4

it's influence

i advice 90 in discpline, as it's 20 exp your mind hold more

scamming is rp, but i bet 10 bucks you'll be warned very fast

Artha
10-04-2003, 08:48 AM
no intelligence in gs4

it's influence

I was talking about now, in gs3.

Xcalibur
10-04-2003, 08:55 AM
Ahh, my bad then

Intelligence is only good to absorb in the field or in a non-node place

Depends if you hunt fast then!

Artha
10-04-2003, 09:22 AM
Right. A high logic and a high intelligence are very, very nice to have when you're trying to gain exp quickly. Hunting from an empty mind to a full mind, I usually gain about 300 flat exp. Over 10 hunts, that's 3000. It adds up.

Parkbandit
10-04-2003, 09:48 AM
My thief generally steals from ignorant folks. He'll twist that around to meet his needs on occasion... but it's a 'rule' he tries to live by.

And yes, coming to the park with silvers and gems is ignorant.

Artha
10-04-2003, 09:59 AM
I generally steal from people with stupid names. I got voldermort earlier, and he threatened me. I doubt I'll kill him, because he's about 1/3 my level, but I think I will steal from him every time I see him :)

StrayRogue
10-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Remember - Honor among thieves. I don't steal from other rogues, basically. Its going to be a new ball-game in GS4, with other, older and more experienced rogues being able to spot a thief quite easily. Lighting, room population all will now play a part.

JustMe
10-04-2003, 06:10 PM
Better get friends that can cast darkness.

Artha
10-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Or just steal in the park or the crypt or somewhere with a nice big crowd.

Trinitis
10-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Thats something I've always had problems with...this "Honor among theives" thing. Now, My rogue is currently 10 trainins in GS3. He is not old enough to actively steal, but I do have a few marks (read Garr.) that I tend to steal from when I see 'em. I know he can't catch me, and he never has.

But, going on this honor topic, I've had 5 (yes, FIVE) different rogues nearly ruin my RP because they spotted me, and spent very little time telling everyone around I'm stealing.

Now, I've gotten out of this by fairly simple means..but still. Since when is it all the "other rogues" job to tattle on you? Sheesh..

-Adredrin

And no, I've never been caught by anyone but other rogues..as of yet. I pick marks very carefully at my level.

Edaarin
10-05-2003, 06:02 AM
Just a couple random notes thrown in here.

If I'm bored, I'll 'stir the pot' by slipping into hiding and muttering 'thief!' when I see someone steal. Doesn't happen much, because most of my time in GS right now is limited to scripting stunmaneuvers or selling random crap that somehow accumulates in my locker.

I try to adhere the 'honor among thieves' thing, but then again, I usually don't steal unless I want to deprive Falgrin of targets.

And...there are ways to slip around the crowd limit in GSIV. Don't ask how. But it's not going to be as easy as 'Oh, since there's only the mark and me in the room, I'm going to get caught.'

Parkbandit
10-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Artha
Or just steal in the park or the crypt or somewhere with a nice big crowd.

Yea... go steal in the crypt. I got the park covered... don't worry. :smug:

Parkbandit
10-05-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Thats something I've always had problems with...this "Honor among theives" thing. Now, My rogue is currently 10 trainins in GS3. He is not old enough to actively steal, but I do have a few marks (read Garr.) that I tend to steal from when I see 'em. I know he can't catch me, and he never has.

But, going on this honor topic, I've had 5 (yes, FIVE) different rogues nearly ruin my RP because they spotted me, and spent very little time telling everyone around I'm stealing.

Now, I've gotten out of this by fairly simple means..but still. Since when is it all the "other rogues" job to tattle on you? Sheesh..

-Adredrin

And no, I've never been caught by anyone but other rogues..as of yet. I pick marks very carefully at my level.

Honor among thieves he should have said.. not rogues. Rogues are not beholding to the code.

StrayRogue
10-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Well, when GS4 comes out, I will be thieving plenty from Drizzsdt.

Parkbandit
10-05-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Well, when GS4 comes out, I will be thieving plenty from Drizzsdt.

Dude.. let it go. I'm starting to think you have a thing for Drizzsdt. :smug:

StrayRogue
10-05-2003, 09:09 AM
No, I just have a thing for morons who bring shame on an already less-than-respectable vocation.