PDA

View Full Version : Incanting

Kainen
09-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Sometimes when you incant you can hit the person you are hunting with. Now I know this doesn't happen all the time, but it's happened to me enough that when Zenaxa hit me with a spell on accident, I thought for a moment about casting back. (and I like Zen a lot). How can you stop incant from EVER hitting someone else other than the creatures you are hunting? I never use it myself because I don't want to take the chance of hitting the person I am hunting with.

Axhinde
09-04-2005, 04:52 PM
target clear

I use that infront of every incant in my macros.

Lookkin
09-04-2005, 04:54 PM
great idea Axhinde!!

Volstock
09-04-2005, 04:56 PM
or not incant at all and just macros prep <spells>/r cast <creature>/r
shouldn't be hard

Axhinde
09-04-2005, 04:58 PM
I use incant in a macro because it's 2 commands rolled into one. Saves on command lines.

For example:
instead of - stance o\rprep 910\rcast \?\rstance d\r

i use - stance o\rincant 910\rstance d\rloot\r or something similar.

I took the target clears out of my macros because it's just easy for me to not target anybody while hunting. :shrug:

[Edited on 9-4-2005 by Axhinde]

Celephais
09-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Target Clear\rIncant 910\r might be the same number of commands as:
Prep 910\rCast <Creature>, but you have to know the creature. if you just have clear/incant you'll always cast at the first availible creature, and you won't have misfires. The only disadvantage to clearing is that you won't track the same critter if a new one enters. That's the price you pay to avoid killing a teammate.

Good advice ax.

Axhinde
09-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Gothique and I had a few hunts where we stomped mudholes into each other. We basically decided this was the smarter thing to do.

Edit: more specifically, she stomped one into me, but i think i got a lucky cast in once

[Edited on 9-4-2005 by Axhinde]

Kainen
09-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Thanks for all your input.. thats why I don't incant.. but now I have something to tell people that I hunt with that do instead of "dammit what the hell did you do THAT for?" :lol:

Electrawn
09-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Try "Target Random" instead of "target clear." It targets monsters only and won't shift your critter like the target clear method.