PDA

View Full Version : Pick Pocket

Trinitis
10-03-2003, 05:42 PM
So, I've been talking to some rogue friends of mine lately, and it seems all of them are ditching Pick Pocket for the extra TP's. I was just wondering what everyone else thinks about this?

-Adredrin

Trying to figure out what to do with my thief :)

Parkbandit
10-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
So, I've been talking to some rogue friends of mine lately, and it seems all of them are ditching Pick Pocket for the extra TP's. I was just wondering what everyone else thinks about this?

-Adredrin

Trying to figure out what to do with my thief :)

Their ignorance will be their undoing.

Trinitis
10-03-2003, 05:56 PM
willing to discuss it more Park? They claim stealing is nearly impossible in GS4 because of the need of large groups, and demons.

I'd love to hear some construtive imput on the subject :)

-Adredrin

CrystalTears
10-03-2003, 06:01 PM
So because pickpocketing will actually be a challenge they won't do it anymore?

Well good. That means that we'll have real thieves to roleplay with. I hope.

Reyek
10-03-2003, 06:03 PM
my rogue/thief will be ditching pickpocketing for other skills. he doesnt steal much as it it so so its wasted points ;)

Parkbandit
10-03-2003, 06:13 PM
willing to discuss it more Park? They claim stealing is nearly impossible in GS4 because of the need of large groups, and demons.

I'd love to hear some construtive imput on the subject :)

-Adredrin

A thief isn't a thief unless he steals. If combat mechanics and combat maneuvers are more to your liking... have at them.

Because it will be more difficult to steal folks are leaving the skill behind? GREAT! As a player of a thief.. I couldn't be happier actually. The lands are strewn full of amateur stealing hacks anyways. Thin them out and let the professionals have at it I say. :smug:

Skirmisher
10-03-2003, 06:48 PM
I agree 100%.

When it takes actual thought to steal instead of simply typing steal person I think the lands will be much more interesting.

Looking forward to it immensely.

Sweets
10-03-2003, 09:54 PM
*smacks lips*

Rolled up a thief just for the added challenge ahead.

Trying to weasel out of getting caught is half the fun ....if I get caught.

*walks away whistling*

Trinitis
10-03-2003, 11:49 PM
Well, I've got some big plans for my theif..and now that i think about it, I'll make a new thread about him and not hyjack this one :P

-Adredrin

Wezas
10-04-2003, 12:43 PM

-Adredrin

Wezas has quite a few ranks of pickpocket (for an empath). In GS4 he just won't be viable. He'll have less ranks (because of the level decrease), he can't double like rogues/warriors, and he will have to pickpocket in large groups and hope everyone in the room doesn't see him.

I basically used the TP's I had for pickpocket to double in spell aiming, so I can cast a fireball at anyone I see thieving from me. Though with no PP ranks, I doubt I'll be able to.

Kia
10-04-2003, 12:48 PM
-Adredrin

I was under the impression that demons would not be allowed in most towns because they're, well, demons. Maybe that will make it a little easier for you.

KIA.

Tendarian
10-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Im definately keeping my pick pocket ranks as thats half the fun of being a rogue. I dont steal that much but when i do its a blast. I cant imagine not having the option when im playing my rogues to not try to grab a gem or two.

10-04-2003, 08:26 PM
The Edine will still be a Thief i couldent live without being one it makes life more intresting... and to think... it will be even easier for me to steal from rogues then muhahaha

Grandsome
10-07-2003, 03:12 PM
They claim stealing is nearly impossible in GS4 because of ...... and demons.

-Adredrin

The higher chance of being caught is exactly why I'm continuing to train in stealing. Stealing isn't fun until you're caught. The current system is boring, I can't count how many times I've cleaned out the entire park. I even cleaned out Wezas once in the crypt. I usually have to tell the person that I stole from them to get any fun out of it, wether it be raising my hand when they ask who stole from them, or making them buy me a pure potion to neutralize their cursed gem stuck to my hand. I've even gone so far as to bragging on the amunet the time I pulled 2 consecutive emeralds off a sorcerer. (I got my ass kicked for that one) I take what I deserve though, and I usually end up being put in my place and slink off to get them back later, when the odds are better for me.

I don't see Grandsome as an asshole, but I do see him as a scoundrel and I see stealing as a way to one-up those I've had conflicts with without them even knowing. Playing the bad guy is a blast, so is trying to weasel out of getting punished. Like dropping to your knees in front of a crowd to begg the person about to kick your ass for forgiveness, then, as he grants it to you, you stand up and lob his head off. (Note: I haven't done this yet, but that would be SO COOL.)

The new system won't be harder, it will be more realistic and I'm very much looking forward to it. Bring on the demons.

Mason

Lord Deprav
10-07-2003, 05:15 PM
I think it will be a ton easier too. Not everyone in the game is going to type " watch -name" everytime you walk by them. There only going to do it when they start to get the feeling their being stole from. And thats where true gemstone people are idiots. They type "Silver" and thats a given that they have some sort of idea that you are taking from them instead of typing "Info". Not to mention the new stealing system will allow you to take more then just silver and gems from them. If they make this a balanced system, you should be able to grab other items easier then just grabbing silver. At least so far from what I hear it will be. Also we're going to be able to look in people's containers? Did I hear that right? That is the best bonus of them all!

Deprav

Parkbandit
10-07-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Grandsome Stealing isn't fun until you're caught. The current system is boring, I can't count how many times I've cleaned out the entire park. Mason

:?::?:

There wasn't much to clean out. Find your own block! :mad:

Parkbandit
10-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Lord Deprav And thats where true gemstone people are idiots. They type "Silver" and thats a given that they have some sort of idea that you are taking from them instead of typing "Info". Deprav

God.. why don't you clue them into using a bank and closing their containers while you are at it.

Son of a.. I swear if my takes in the park get lower because of your hints.. I'm coming after you.

StrayRogue
10-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Stealing is definately becoming more challenging. However, if you plan to pass over stealing for points, it makes a useless skill of Gambits (just like lockmastery is useless to a non-picker). I love the new mechanics.

Stay doesn't steal as he technically does not see himself as a rogue. Two of my other rogues do double and single in PP respectively. Even my bard 1.5x's it.