PDA

View Full Version : Support Script.......

Wuxong
09-01-2005, 05:21 AM
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on creating a script that would follow a char around and keep casting a certain spell on that char... for example i would like this script to follow a group and cast haste for the group as needed.. is there a way I could script such a thing ?? Any help would be greatfull apreciated.. I use the stormfront if anyone has some hints or bits of script they will share.

Bobmuhthol
09-01-2005, 05:37 AM
It's possible but I don't know how to do it in SF and don't have time to do it now. Basically do a loop, match "just went <direction>" and the haste message dropping. When they move you'll follow, when haste drops you'll cast it.

Wuxong
09-01-2005, 05:40 AM
Hmmmmm... your speaking over my head.. well kinda.. I will use what you said to give it a try and post what i do wrong.,, trust me it will be wrong... I was thinking maybe a math with a name and then a pause 60 command followed by the loop to match name again ?? possible something like that might work... ?

Bobmuhthol
09-01-2005, 05:54 AM
If you put pause 60, the script will not execute any command for 60 seconds -- if the group moves, you won't.

Electrawn
09-01-2005, 06:39 AM
start:
waitfor (Characters haste fell off)
put prep 506
put cast (Character)
goto start

Alternative:

start:
put prep 506
put cast (Character)
pause ((number of seconds - 2 or 1) haste lasts)
goto start

If you are in a group and a script is in the middle of pause 60, you still move with the group.

Wuxong
09-01-2005, 07:31 AM
thank you electrawn i did end up using the second of the two ideas posted.. works like a charm.. thanks again...