PDA

View Full Version : John Lennon wife beater

xtc
09-19-2005, 03:10 PM
John's first wife has written a book about her life with John in which she says John hit her and his drug use ruined their marriage. She also says John was sleeping with Ono during their marriage and how Ono prevented her from accompanying Julian Lennon to his father's funeral.

ARTICLE (http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/books/09/19/cynthia.lennon.reut/index.html)

[Edited on 9-19-2005 by xtc]

GSLady17
09-19-2005, 03:32 PM
lol, I open the thread and a beatles song comes on the radio.
~:And when I ask you to be miiiiiiiiiine you're going to say you love me tooooo:~

Ehhh, I'm thinking she just wants to get money. Pretty much he admitted to sleeping with Ono. I thought she caught them in bed together doing the nasty.

And Ono broke up the Beatles. :thumbsup:

Note: I don't really believe she did.

Apotheosis
09-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Boo fucking hoo. Why didn't you bring it up when it was happening? Oh I forgot, now she has a way to make money.

Landrion
09-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Hmmm....

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- John Lennon's first wife Cynthia says she and her son were "airbrushed" from the Beatles' story and wants to set things straight in a book that reveals he once hit her and ruined their marriage with drugs.

Hit her once or regularly? Not that Im excusing either one. Just that if shes going to malign someone who's been dead 20+ years we may as well get it exactly.

Especially interesting allegation on a man who was so into the peace movement.

Landrion
09-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Yswithe
Boo fucking hoo. Why didn't you bring it up when it was happening? Oh I forgot, now she has a way to make money.

Obviously I dont know in this case. But like rape victims, it is not uncommon at all for beaten spouses to hide the truth. Victims often experience shame over the experience and will commonly lie to protect the abusive partner.

However, like you I suspect a book payday more than I beleive the allegation.

GSLady17
09-19-2005, 05:05 PM
<<<<Especially interesting allegation on a man who was so into the peace movement.>>>>

Ehhh.... doesn't mean he didn't hit her. It's like the preachers who beat thier kids and molest little boys.

Yeah......she just wants money...happened or not, going to bring in a nice check.

iomelindi
09-20-2005, 12:05 PM

Wow. People really care about this kinda stuff still? I think its a ploy for money and a name in lights.

GSLady17
09-20-2005, 12:06 PM
:::scoff::::

Who could not care about The Beatles?!?!