PDA

View Full Version : 704 wooho

Asha
08-30-2005, 06:20 PM
You sense a strange pulse ripple across the threads that interconnect Elanthia to the other valences.
>

You remove a black oak heavy crossbow bolt from in your iron mesh cloak.
>prep 704
You begin drawing a faint, twisting symbol while softly intoning the words for Phase...
Your spell is ready.
>cast my bolt
You gesture at a black oak heavy crossbow bolt.
The bolt becomes somewhat insubstantial and appears lighter.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>You put a shifting heavy crossbow bolt in your iron mesh cloak.
>

Alright!

[Edited on 8-30-2005 by Drayal]

[Edited on 8-30-2005 by Drayal]

Renian
08-30-2005, 06:24 PM
That pwns and you know it.

hectomaner
08-30-2005, 06:24 PM
nice

Fallen
08-30-2005, 06:45 PM
AWESOME

Gan
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Dateline 8/30/2005: AWESOME AUGUST: PHASE IMPROVEMENTS!

The long-awaited Phase improvements are live! Please feel free to share any comments or suggestions in the Sorcerer Spells topic of the Sorcerer category of the message boards. The updated spell description is included below.

Phase (704)

Mnemonic: PHASE

Duration: See Below

Type: Utility

Casting phase will momentarily cause some portals to "fade" from existence, allowing the Sorcerer to pass through them briefly. Using CHANNEL on a container allows the sorcerer to reach into closed containers and possibly remove an item.

When cast at a non-corporeal creature, the Phase spell will turn it into a corporeal creature for 20 seconds + 3 seconds per warding failure. If cast at a creature with the ability to phase out of existence (banshees & Ithzir, for example) it will be prevented from doing so for the duration of 20 seconds + 3 seconds per warding failure. This only applies to creatures with unnatural hiding ability. Creatures with "natural" hiding abilities like forest bendiths will not be prevented from hiding while under the effects of phase.

Phase can also be used on items in the sorcerer's inventory that are not worn. When cast at an item under 10 pounds that the sorcerer is carrying or has in their inventory, the Phase spell will make it weightless for 10 minutes + 6 seconds per sorcerer spell rank. Any items over 10 pounds will require training in Sorcerous Lore, Demonology, increasing by an additional 2 pounds with 3 ranks to a maximum additional weight increase of 34 pounds at 187 ranks (seed 3 of the summation chart). The maximum amount that anyone will be able to phase will therefore be 44 pounds. When cast at locked containers the spell will take into account the weight of the container and all its contents rather than just the weight of the container itself.

Casting Phase, Elemental Dispel, or Spiritual Dispel at an item that has been phased will dispel the phase. If the sorcerer drops the item that has been phased, this will also dispel the effects.

Note: Phased gear, such as weapons or wands, cannot be activated while in a phased state. Also, the self-cast version of this spell is intended to provide protection against creature maneuver attacks. This portion of the spell, however, will be going live concurrently with the maneuver system overhaul.

END NEWS ITEM

Fallen
08-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Also, the self-cast version of this spell is intended to provide protection against creature maneuver attacks. This portion of the spell, however, will be going live concurrently with the maneuver system overhaul. >>

Grumbles. Those maneuver changes are going to rough.

Hope you are all saving up for Dodge ranks.

Doyle Hargraves
08-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
Dateline 8/30/2005: AWESOME AUGUST: PHASE IMPROVEMENTS!

The long-awaited Phase improvements are live! Please feel free to share any comments or suggestions in the Sorcerer Spells topic of the Sorcerer category of the message boards. The updated spell description is included below.

Phase (704)

Mnemonic: PHASE

Duration: See Below

Type: Utility

Casting phase will momentarily cause some portals to "fade" from existence, allowing the Sorcerer to pass through them briefly. Using CHANNEL on a container allows the sorcerer to reach into closed containers and possibly remove an item.

When cast at a non-corporeal creature, the Phase spell will turn it into a corporeal creature for 20 seconds + 3 seconds per warding failure. If cast at a creature with the ability to phase out of existence (banshees & Ithzir, for example) it will be prevented from doing so for the duration of 20 seconds + 3 seconds per warding failure. This only applies to creatures with unnatural hiding ability. Creatures with "natural" hiding abilities like forest bendiths will not be prevented from hiding while under the effects of phase.

Phase can also be used on items in the sorcerer's inventory that are not worn. When cast at an item under 10 pounds that the sorcerer is carrying or has in their inventory, the Phase spell will make it weightless for 10 minutes + 6 seconds per sorcerer spell rank. Any items over 10 pounds will require training in Sorcerous Lore, Demonology, increasing by an additional 2 pounds with 3 ranks to a maximum additional weight increase of 34 pounds at 187 ranks (seed 3 of the summation chart). The maximum amount that anyone will be able to phase will therefore be 44 pounds. When cast at locked containers the spell will take into account the weight of the container and all its contents rather than just the weight of the container itself.

Casting Phase, Elemental Dispel, or Spiritual Dispel at an item that has been phased will dispel the phase. If the sorcerer drops the item that has been phased, this will also dispel the effects.

Note: Phased gear, such as weapons or wands, cannot be activated while in a phased state. Also, the self-cast version of this spell is intended to provide protection against creature maneuver attacks. This portion of the spell, however, will be going live concurrently with the maneuver system overhaul.

END NEWS ITEM

Tsin is gonna have a field day with that in OTF via Zurrain.

I wonder what happens if Phase wears off and you now have 500 pounds of items in a cloak that only holds 100 pounds. Probably nothing, but they should make the cloak explode.

Phase imbeds - the new weightless cloak

Gan
08-31-2005, 01:25 AM
That would be funny... something along the lines of what you see when a disk disentegrates when the owner logs off...

Tsin's shadowy cloak fades back into existance. Suddenly the cloak shudders and amidst a showering display of ripping fabric you see all of its contents fall to the ground.

FinisWolf
08-31-2005, 02:14 AM
... then you see a gamillion NPC's grasping at the priceless items strewn about the ground ...

Finis

Janarth
08-31-2005, 09:26 AM
It says it can be cast on items that are not worn...So if I take off my cloak, then phase it, I can't put it on? A bit scared to try and lose everything inside.

Asha
08-31-2005, 09:29 AM
Give it a try so we can learn from your mistake?

Janarth
08-31-2005, 09:49 AM
At work...they're smart enough to block anything going towards play.net...but not PC

Fallen
08-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Here is a tip, guys, have a rogue put locks on all of your containers. That way, when you phase it, everything inside becomes weightless.

For instance. Get a sack, phase the sack, put boxes in the sack, phase it, lock sack, put sack in cloak. Everything inside will be weightless.

edited to add: This is more for aiding with misc goods. Locked containers already become weightless. Lets say a locked bag of herbs. They will all become weightless if you lock the bag and phase it.

[Edited on 9-1-2005 by Fallen]

Celephais
08-31-2005, 10:22 PM
There is a lot of info on the officials already... I'll reiterate some of that here:

1. It WILL set off traps if you phase a box.
2. You can't wear items you've phased, but when they unphase they'll be wearable again.
3. Items still count towards weight limit of containers, so no overstuffing and having to worry about it "pop"

Fallen
09-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Nilven has stated that he did not intend for phasing boxes (For the purposes of lightening them) to set off traps. He is looking into the issue.

Looking at my above post, I must remind myself never to try to give directions when drunk.

Fallen
09-09-2005, 08:45 PM
IOI: 4

>> There are a few traps it will set off, but that's a bug and is being worked on by Ildran

>I imagine it's all the same traps that phase used to set off anyway.

Yep, the traps needed to learn how to distinguish between cast and channelled Phase, which in turn required some changes in the casting system. It should be fixed now.

As a side note, some traps that currently can be phased through might start to get set off by Phase in the future, and vice versa. In looking through the traps, I discovered the traps are pretty inconsistant about which ones pay attention to Phase and which don't. If I do end up making any changes, I'll post here and in the news beforehand detailing exactly what will change.

- Ildran >>

In other words, feel free to phase every box you come across in your hunts if you have the lore to do so!