PDA

View Full Version : How much do you pay?

Wezas
10-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Couldn't find a good folder for this. It's not really related to IG.

I was wondering if a few of you could say how much you:

1) Pay each month for GS (Prime and/or Plat)
2) Pay (on average) per year on special events.
3) Spend on Items off of E-bay (A few have looked tempting myself, no shame here)
4) Have "Given the Gift to a Friend"
5) Spend hour-wise in the game (per week)

As for me:
1) Went from free -> $9.99 -> $23 (2 accts, 3 extra char on 1 acct) -> $ 26 (extra char price increase) -> $18.95 (consolidated acct w/ 4 extra & new pricing)
2) Never been to one
3) Never bought anything
4) Not sure I'd want to get someone else addicted
5) Average ~ 10-15 hours

Soulpieced
10-03-2003, 10:06 AM
12.95 or whatever the hell a regular account is with 1 extra character slot. Never been to a special event, never brought in a new player, never bought anything from e-bay. I've probably been playing < 8 hours a week for the last month and a half.

Wezas
10-03-2003, 10:13 AM
$12.95 for the base acct (up from $9.99) and $2 for the extra char (up from $1). So you're paying about $15

StrayRogue
10-03-2003, 10:23 AM
One premium account. With most pay per play events included.

[Edited on 3-10-03 by StrayRogue]

Ilvane
10-03-2003, 10:56 AM
I have a premium account, and another basic account that houses my friends character for when she wants to come back and play again.

I used to have two premium accounts, but I've pared down.

I've bought a couple of nice items from E-bay, just outfits for my girls. I'm a total clothes horse in GS. I never used to do festivals, but I have in the past couple of years.

I used to play a lot, about 4 hours a day, but I've gone down to maybe 1 hour a day and weekends. It comes from actually having a social life, and my father passing away and me not really wanting to play as much. And besides, I am actually doing more work in GS these days than I do play, roleplaying or hunting, whatever.

-A

peam
10-03-2003, 11:00 AM
I've a standard account with one extra character slot. So, around 15.

Never paid for an event, never bought anything off of Ebay.

This past week, I've spent less than an hour in game.

Kia
10-03-2003, 11:01 AM
1. I've got two premium accounts.
2. I rarely miss one of the festivals
3. I buy clothes for my doggie on Ebay, that's insulting enough.
4. I tried to get my husband to play, but the rockstar isn't into gaming.
5. Hmm - that varies. USUALLY its a lot (at least a couple hours daily if possible), but depending on my mood it could be more or less.

<3 GS

KIA.

10-03-2003, 11:25 AM
2 accounts in regular... one that I play one that a friends plays and i go in mabey once a month... other than that nothin i refuse to pay 30-60$ to go to fests and well ebay... heh im a college student Id rather eat.

theotherjohn
10-03-2003, 11:45 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Wezas
Couldn't find a good folder for this. It's not really related to IG.

I was wondering if a few of you could say how much you:

1)down to one standard account.

2)zero

3)thousands but now will only purchase very specific characters i.e. warriors of the highest level so I can either delete them so my warrior is the oldest or keep them in my warrior collection

4)every year I give my real friends a gift for their birthday and holidays.

5) depends. Right now I am working on a Cisco Multiswitching certification so I am around 4 hours a week.

Warriorbird
10-03-2003, 11:48 AM
I pay for one premium GS account, one regular DR account.

I attend some of the festivals....I usually pay, but sometimes get a ticket as a gift.

I don't buy off of Ebay.

I have given gifts of adventure to friends before.

On average, I probably spend about 8-12 hours per week on both games combined.

Wezas
10-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
3)thousands but now will only purchase very specific characters i.e. warriors of the highest level so I can either delete them so my warrior is the oldest or keep them in my warrior collection

That is hilarious. You have a collection of old warriors? Any with names we'd recognize (and that you'd say?)?

theotherjohn
10-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Wezas lets just say you interacted with one of my female empaths a lot more than any of my warriors.

I will not mention any names but will say I was a female empath way before Teras was found......

SpunGirl
10-03-2003, 02:09 PM
I have one premium account and one basic account. I do my best to make it to all the pay-to-plays, because I like getting new clothes. I buy silvers from Ciston maybe 3-4 times a year. I know it's really OOC, but I loathe hunting with a passion.

As for time spent in game, it depends on my mood. I haven't been in-game for like two weeks right now, but soon my mood with switch and I'll be back in for 2 hours a day for another month. It just depends on what's going on at the time.

-K

Wezas
10-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
Wezas lets just say you interacted with one of my female empaths a lot more than any of my warriors.

That is frightening to think that I might have hit on a guy, though I guess that could happen at any time.

AnticorRifling
10-03-2003, 06:36 PM
2 basic accounts, one account has Anticor the other account has my rogue, warrior and bard. So 2 accounts and 2 extra char slots.

Never been to a pay event

Bought a few mil in silver but not off ebay and that was before I realized I didn't need silver to be happy heh

Maybe an hour a night if I can swing it.

Artha
10-03-2003, 06:41 PM
12.95 per month, 155.40 per year, +30.00 for Ebon's Gate most years, and whatever I can scrape together for other things.

I'd guess it's ~$280.00-310.00 most years.

Sweets
10-05-2003, 08:03 PM
One standard account with 2 extra characters. I usually only attend ebon Gate. I play most days for about an hour. So let's say 7-10 hours a week.

Do I think it's worth it? Yup. It's a hobby I still love.

DCSL
10-05-2003, 08:57 PM
I pay for two premium accounts. One belongs to my boyfriend though, and I don't know the password. I just pay for it in my effort to get him to play.

My account goes to every event since the gnome ship. So it seems like I pay about $40 every three or four months in addition to the accounts. Blah.

I've never bought anything off Ebay, although I did buy something I watched someone else buy on it in the game. And I have sold something on Ebay. I sold my old extra account.

And lately... I haven't really played much lately. Max, five hours a week. I get in the game to hand over stuff I've sold on Cleodelia's and that's about it. I always experience a lull in game activity right before a big event. I'll probably go back up to my usual fifteen hours after Ebon Gate.

Vesi
10-05-2003, 08:57 PM
1) Pay each month for GS (Prime and/or Plat)
1 Premium account

2) Pay (on average) per year on special events.
I usually go to all of the events. However, I'm not a merchant hunter. Too stressful for me.

3) Spend on Items off of E-bay (A few have looked tempting myself, no shame here)
None.

4) Have "Given the Gift to a Friend"
Once. Surprised a friend with an Ebon Gate ticket.

5) Spend hour-wise in the game (per week)
It really varies. Lately I haven't played much. Did play a few hours yesterday. It really does depend on my mood. The weeks I feel like playing could be 7-10 hours at least.

Vesi

Solkern
10-06-2003, 01:34 AM
1. I don't play gs anymore, so i pay zero a month
2. zero, since i don't play
3. none.
4. never
5. I spend a grand total of ZERO hours in gemstone a week!

Snapp
10-06-2003, 12:54 PM
1) I have two basic accounts. Both have extra char slots.
2) Going to my first special event ever this month (Ebon Gate).
3) Nothing on ebay.
4) Never given any gifts of addiction.
5) Varies a lot.. lately not much except to exchange my Cleo Auction stuff & do Mentor stuff.

Halfsilver
10-06-2003, 01:16 PM
1. 2 premium accounts...64 a month.

2. Ebon Gate every year without fail. Artisans' faire past two years. GM sponsored wedding 200 dollars.

3. 1 ebay account. 165 dollars. Several Millions in silvers a while back because I was in debt. 85 dollars.

4. No gifts.

5. I spend on average 10-15 hours a week on gemstone.

-grays/d(yeah I'm a gemstoner. what of it?)

[Edited on 10-6-2003 by Halfsilver]

Hasek
10-06-2003, 02:34 PM
We have one basic account . Oh Soulpieced & Edine your pricing doesnt include alcohol. But then mine doesnt include Diet Coke either. No fests for us or events although the thought of going to a Simucon sounds fun and maybe attend in the future.

Rowi
10-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Is it just me or does 1 hour in this folder equal 4 hours?

Most people I see in game are on for atleast 4 hours a day if not more. But then again most got a life outside
of GS.

I pay 3 basic accounts and 2 plat account every month.

I go to Ebons Gate every year thats it. <one account>

Never bought on ebay but have sold on there.

I have Givin GoA to couple people.

I spend on average 12 to 15 hours a week. < but I work 5 days on and 5 days off so some weeks less and others more>

Edaarin
10-06-2003, 06:47 PM
1) 1 basic account + 1 character = $14.95, but I eBay 1m a month to cover it...heh...
2) Will never go to a pay event
3) -$1200
4) Nope
5) Usually an hour or two of active playing a day (hunt 5 minutes here and there), but has been around 3 hours of messing around the last week. I gotta stop slacking off.

Snapp
10-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Rowi

I pay 3 basic accounts and 2 plat account every month.

>

Wow, you keep them in business! :o

edge
10-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Rowi, you are such a loser! Get a life!

Rowi
10-12-2003, 09:41 PM
heh, Good to see your sorry ass gone! atleast thats one account I dont have to pay for nomore you poor ass fool! heh, come back ill pay again!

edge
10-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Nae, I have no desire to play Crackstone. Life has to much to offer me right now to waste it playing a game. I would rather get a lap dance than spend the money on this game at this point of my life...heh.

StrayRogue
10-13-2003, 10:22 PM
I'm guessing the departure of Lisu hit you pretty hard then.

[Edited on 14-10-03 by StrayRogue]

edge
10-13-2003, 11:17 PM
Lisu?

Soulpieced
10-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Did Lisu quit?

Warriorbird
10-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Lisu got banned.

Xcalibur
10-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Lisu was the whore?
she got banned?

eh, give information

StrayRogue
10-14-2003, 09:45 AM
She was the whore, she left on her own volition, if I recall correctly. It seems people couldn't handle her style of RP and ran her out of the game.

Warriorbird
10-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Nah. She got quite banned. She posted about it here.

StrayRogue
10-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Oh really? Good to know, good to know...

Chadj
10-17-2003, 05:50 PM
1) One standard account
2) I've never been to a special event, dont plan on going to any soon.
3) I've looked at buying silvers, but decided not to.
4) ive tried.
5) anywhere from 10-20 hours a week.. depends. With football and stuff recently, its been a bit less (i spend a long time logged in but AFK)

Skirmisher
10-17-2003, 05:53 PM
One premium account and one or two events a year.

Ebon Gate and or another mostly.