PDA

View Full Version : Ambushing !?

Wuxong
08-29-2005, 06:05 AM
I was looking over the ranger skill today because im looking to make a change to my ranger.. I am just too bored of the old hack and slash of OHE weapons.. I am thinking about changing to either brawling or OHB.. both of these weapons share the low cost of 4/1 PTP / MTP instead of the 6/2 of swords and the such.. I have very little knowledge of either blunt or brawling weapons.. Can anyone out there give me the pros and cons of the both .. I am looking to use them to ambush .... Do brawling weapons even ambush well??? Any help would be apreciated....

Stunseed
08-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Only reason to go Brawling is if you're in Voln. As far as blunts, a morning star is a pretty decent weapon.

1x ambush and perception usually is a nice combo as a Ranger. Personally, Stunseed is aiming for 1.5x in ambush. Of course, how much more mutant can a Ranger be?

Showal
08-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Showal does 1x in ambush and 2x in perception. It works out well for him when ambushing, but he's ranged and stays hidden while ambushing.

Kenn
08-29-2005, 02:11 PM
I would reccomend going brawling / ranged if you do brawling. It's cheaper than going brawling / shield. The brawling helps your Voln Fu, a bow to take out living creatures, and the DS of a bow user.

Ranger mobiles adds a metric fuck-ton to your offensive Voln Fu MB too. I was ranged / brawling until around level 50. Then my intentions switched from PvM to PvP, so I went CoL instead.

Cons: you don't have the ability to block like a shield user (barring, of course, wall of thorns), you won't be able to kill creatures immune to punctures easily (golems and such), no CM's.

Pros: you won't have to rely only on Voln Fu / weak brawling weapons, Rangers get one of (if not) the highest MB

Anebriated
08-29-2005, 02:16 PM
I suggest TWC or THW if you are already decent level.

Odysia
08-29-2005, 05:52 PM
If you want something different, go with archery. I used to be exclusively OHE but I use a bow for most things now - except invading demons . . . :)

Anebriated
08-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Bow/brawl also works well, thats what I was with my ranger.

Drew
08-29-2005, 06:29 PM
If my ranger wasn't THW I'd do brawl/archery, fun path. He was actually THW/brawl for a while but that was near impossible to do well. Also, don't listen to Odysia, she has approximately one millions TPs to do whatever she wants with :grin:

Pines
08-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Wuxong
I am thinking about changing to either brawling or OHB.. both of these weapons share the low cost of 4/1 PTP / MTP instead of the 6/2 of swords and the such

Just going back to your reason for wanting to change for a sec ... the 6/2 cost is the double training cost. If you double train OHBs you're looking at double train costs of 8/2 per rank instead of the 6/2 for OHE. Correct comparison is 3/1 for edged vs. 4/1 for brawling/blunts.

Wuxong
08-30-2005, 02:56 AM
yeah i cought that after I got offline lastnight..... i thought i was onto something great!!! lol.. thanks everyone for your intrest