PDA

View Full Version : Is there any hope ?

Wuxong
08-27-2005, 01:40 AM
An old friend just tole me he would be willing to transfer me his 36th or so trained rogue.. the only drawback is that the rogue has no guild skill training what so ever... Is there any chance for a rogue to be trained well and not in guild but still live on.. he has a fixskill left so i am up to intertaining a lot of ideas... Please tell me what yah think I should do.... :?::?::?:

Artha
08-27-2005, 01:42 AM
They could be successful, but it's retarded to have a rogue that high level with no guild skills.

Jolena
08-27-2005, 01:43 AM
guild skills are great but I don't use them so often that I'd not be viable without them. I use sweep a few times a hunt but not because I need to, it just helps out a bit sometimes. I use more CMAN skills then guild skills, hands down.

Wuxong
08-27-2005, 01:46 AM
thats great news to hear.. Can anyone point me in the right direction to make a good Locksmith/ambush rogue.. i never been a rogue therefor i need somehelp for sure.. i was thinking of maybe using blunts over blades but over that i have no idea what to do.. what about a 2handed ambusher .. hmm let me know what yah got for idead people ..

Artha
08-27-2005, 01:48 AM
One skill you can work on that is definitely useful is stun maneuvers. Nothing beats getting knocked down and stunned, then standing up and walking out of the room (while stunned).

Wuxong
08-27-2005, 02:01 AM
stum manuvers check ! anything else that is a must in the way of CMS... also what about if i want to be 2 handed.. i could use some skill and stat ideas as well.. if someone has the time..

Shari
08-27-2005, 03:28 AM
I don't know a lot about rogue training. I have a level 25 rogue, and she dual-weilds OHE. I had her using a handaxe and a short sword and she kicked serious ass.

Its almost overkill doing it that way if you're going to ambush. I had her doing lockpick/ambush and she killed almost everything on first shot so long as I aimed for the neck or eye. However, dual-weilding is a great tool when you want to off someone. :D

That's why I went with it.

Wuxong
08-27-2005, 04:02 AM
hey Jesae your a female ninja and im a male ninja.. the rest is just a story tale .. lol j/k .. i like the idea of being a dual weild or perhaps maybe even a 2 handed rogue.. maybe polearm could be fun....

Alfster
08-27-2005, 06:18 AM
If you're going to do a 2hander or polearms, you're probably not going to be able to get lockpicking in there as well.

Gan
08-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Here's some training ideas. You can find more in the Rogue folder if you look back to the middle and beginning of this year for topics.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=17054