PDA

View Full Version : Continued SF Scripting Problems

Fallen
08-26-2005, 08:37 PM
My Universal Movement Script keeps breaking for the SF front end. I have had it work well for a time, though eventually when I attempt to use this program, I get the following error:

>.en fountain
[Script en is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>look
[Sylvarraend, Town Commons]
Situated to one side of the square rests the local tavern, from which sounds of talk and merriment drift at irregular intervals. A lantern swings from a nearby post, illuminating the silver-framed sign swinging from the awning above the front door.
Obvious paths: north, west
>
Script error[match label oSylGem not found] near line 10448
[script aborted]

Any script ninjas know how I can fix this problem permanently? Sometimes, if I delete all traces from the script off my computer, and re-install it, it will work for a time. Eventually, It just breaks again.

Help would be most appreciated. I cannot use SF without it.

Fallen
08-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Should I just add a % after ever numerical character in the script?

Fallen
08-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Members viewing this page: Bobmuhthol, Fallen >>

Help me Bob, I'm ignorant!

Bobmuhthol
08-26-2005, 09:04 PM
heh, I don't know exactly what causes that, and I've never looked at the SF language, but..

Script error[match label oSylGem not found] near line 10448

This shows me that oSylGem doesn't exist anywhere in the script as a label. You might want to search the script for the string oSylGem and see what turns up, because if it's at line 10448.. you don't want to go through the entire script verifying that every line is coded correctly.

Fallen
08-26-2005, 09:14 PM
You know what? Fuck it. I will just stay with Wizard. I like SF alright, but its just not worth the hassle.

Bobmuhthol
08-26-2005, 09:27 PM
:)

Good man.

Just get JSE mang.

hectomaner
08-26-2005, 09:32 PM
SF scripting is fucking easy

bob's right, you are missing the label, hence it stops

hectomaner
08-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

This shows me that oSylGem doesn't exist anywhere in the script as a label. You might want to search the script for the string oSylGem and see what turns up, because if it's at line 10448.. you don't want to go through the entire script verifying that every line is coded correctly.

thats why you use ultra edit, or something similar, has line numbers

Fallen
08-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I know what none of that means. I try to use other locations, and it starts acting like other lines are broken. It has mentioned both 10448 and 10444. I think the script just doesn't worth with SF.

Celephais
08-26-2005, 09:43 PM
uhh.. notepad works fine too, open up notepad, and with wordwrap off edit:goto (or ctrl-g) type in 10444 and hit enter... look at that line and four lines down, should give you a clue.

Czeska
08-26-2005, 09:47 PM
I use that script a lot in SF and it glitches here and there. I usually just move a room and start again .

Shaelun
08-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Wow, I never actually looked at this thing. It... looks like it was written by a computer or something. Anyway: notepad.exe, File --> Open --> 'en.cmd'. CTRL+F, 'match oSylGem'. Change 'match oSylGem' to read 'match SylGem'. (open the script, do a search or find or whatever your text editor calls it, and type in [no quotes] "match oSylGem", then change it to "match SylGem"). My guess is it's a minor 'typo', as there are references to the 'SylGem:' label all over the place, but that line that's causing an error is the only 'oSylGem' in the entire script. I wouldn't bet my life on it or anything, but it seems reasonable to me. Give it a try. It'll either fix it right up, or you'll end up a few rooms further before it freaks out and bails on you: no worries either way ;)

Artha
08-27-2005, 06:23 PM
With SF, before it runs a match it checks every label. The wizard just checks for the label the match tells it to be looking for. So for SF, a missing label breaks your script, whereas the wizard it doesn't.

Fallen
08-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Sounds like this thing may have several missing lables, as the script has serious issues when using it in Sylvarraend. As long as I stay clear of that area, and am willing to re-install it when it goes bad, it is workable.

Shaelun
08-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Don't be too hard on it. Guy probably never wrapped it up is all.

Why don't people put their names into these insane scripts? Like EN, Maps, QRS -- these things must have taken days of work, and I wish I knew who to tip my hat to. Well, it's tipped, wherever you guys are ;)