PDA

View Full Version : Spiders, Warcraft, And You.

Iqxero
08-24-2005, 03:12 AM
My girlfriend is not a huge fan of spiders, but she is a huge fan of WoW.

After about 40 minutes of work I came up with a fix to allow her to enjoy one without the other.

This "addon" will completely remove spiders from World of Warcraft. They will instead appear on your screen as Diablo, Lord of Terror.

This "addon" has not been tested in all areas, but it should be 100 percent simply because there are only 3 spider groups to begin with.

To install this "addon" download the zip file and unzip it into your WoW directory, usually C - Program Files - World of Warcraft - Data. The file structure of the zip file must remain the same.

Note! This is at best a grey area, and it could be considered a modification of the product and a violation of the EULA. As such I am distributing this file for educational purpose, and anything you do with it is your own business.

If you have any problems, or happen to be afraid of Murlocs, Trolls, or Gnomes, send me a u2u and we can discuss other "addons".

SpiderBGone (http://www.greymooncircle.com/iqxero/spiderBgone.zip)

Lord Dainslef
08-24-2005, 06:49 AM
Kick ass! That rocks.:cool2:

Trouble
08-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Heh, cool deal.

Of course, the real therapy would be to have her hunt spiders exclusively until she gets over her fear of them. By constantly blasting them to hell, she'd eventually feel superior to them (?).

CrystalTears
08-24-2005, 08:32 AM
I don't blame the woman. After running into the roaches in 1k needles, blasting them didn't help me at all. I was dying to finish that quest. Ugh.

Drew
08-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Introduce her to Artha

weasel82
08-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Anybody have a screenshot?

Toxicvixen
08-24-2005, 08:57 AM
<-- Whimpy Girlfriend.

I will make him take a screenshot when he wakes up. The Diablo thing is MEGA cute! Specially when he dies.

As for the hunting them - I tried. The screaming sorta bugged the roomates and I had to stop. I try to avoid spiders when possible. Cept in Gemstone, Text Spiders just don't have the same creepy factor.

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2005, 08:59 AM
ALL OF YOUR PASSWORDS ARE BELONG TO ME!!!

Trinitis
08-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Xyelin

John is way to lazy to waste time trying to program a sniffer or trojan into a zip file.

Edited to remove the reference to myself. While I am way to lazy to do the above, I was in no way involved in the making of this patch. :)

[Edited on 8-24-2005 by Adredrin]

Wezas
08-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Anti-Artha mod. So sad.

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Adredrin

Originally posted by Xyelin

John and I are way to lazy to waste time trying to program a sniffer or trojan into a zip file.

Touche!

But seriously.. Can you make me a nekkid ewok mod?

Toxicvixen
08-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Well he has the naked night elves so I wouldn't put it passed him. :lol:

Lord Dainslef
08-24-2005, 09:21 AM
I stabbed Artha once...

Sean of the Thread
08-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Lord Dainslef
I stabbed Artha once...

In his pet puckered starfish I bet.

Lord Dainslef
08-24-2005, 09:26 AM
NO! It was at Simucon, with a pen.

No butt sex, no blood involved.

[Edited on 8-24-2005 by Lord Dainslef]

Androidpk
08-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Since the change to the models are only client side you won't be violating the EULA.

Iqxero
08-24-2005, 09:52 AM
I figure my best defense for the password thing has already been used. A) I'm not smart enough to have even thought about that until now and B) I'm too lazy.

If somebody out there is very paranoid about the security of their computer and modifications made by another person on a non-enforced site like this suspect, send me a u2u and I can walk you through the process with software you can download from "reputable" addon sites.

I personally don't believe this is a violation of EULA, but if Blizzard really wan't to get snippy I think it would violate
<<
Subject to the Grant of License hereinabove, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Game, or remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Game.
>>
but I'm not that worried about it.

Screenshots to follow, since I completely forgot them.

Iqxero
08-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Screenshots. One oustide of TM, one showing they have a working attack animation, one showing their overly dramatic death animation, and one showing Duskwood.

Androidpk
08-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Haha, that is pretty sweet. I've never changed the model of something else, but i've turned my orc into the ragnaros model. :grin:

Toxicvixen
08-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Do you say "ME SMASH!" a lot? :lol:

Artha
08-24-2005, 10:13 AM
THAT'S A PRETTY COOL MOD, HUH????

[1337 SPIDER PICTURE]

[Edited on 8-24-2005 by Artha]

Iqxero
08-24-2005, 10:13 AM
After I finished with this last night, I debated turning all the NPC's in Stormwind into orcs. For the horde!

Iqxero
08-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Heh, I win five bucks! I was like "Hey! I bet if I post this anti-spider mod, some asshole will think he's being funny and post a spider. And I bet that Asshole will be Artha!" And I was right.
SWEET VICTORY.

Anebriated
08-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Really I am surprised it took as long as it did. There is a reason he has his title.

[Edited on 8-24-2005 by Elrodin]

Artha
08-24-2005, 10:17 AM
That's me!

That is actually a pretty cool mod though, intriguing PvP possibilities.

Androidpk
08-24-2005, 10:19 AM
"TASTE THE FLAMES OF ORGRIMMAR!" :lol:

Iqxero
08-24-2005, 10:20 AM
edited because I :heart: artha. In a platonic sense.

For anybody who cares about the actuall patch, I don't play with my sound on, and this doesn't effect the sound, so if that bothers you you'll have to mute your sound while hunting "diablos" I'll see if I can make them sound like murlocs or something a little later.

[Edited on 8-24-2005 by Iqxero]

Androidpk
08-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Murlocs make the most annoying sound ever :(

On a side note, do you know how to switch skins on a model that have 2 files associated with them?

For example, I have bloodfang hood on my rogue and i'm trying to change the graphic to the new graphics which haven't been put in the game yet, but the current bloodfang mpq is 1 file, and the new graphic is 2 files. Haven't been able to get it work right :?:

Trinitis
08-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Yes, IQ and I were talking about how we could mod all the alliance people to some large object, so they could not hide in BG or other such places. It leads to even more interesting thoughts, like is the Stealth skill tied to your graphics? If We changed them to say..a giant, could they hide as a giant? Or would we just see the giant walking slow?

[Edited on 8-24-2005 by Adredrin]

Iqxero
08-24-2005, 01:26 PM
I haven't really messed around with items, which is kinda backwards I suppose, but each blp is a color or style of that item. So you would replace the m2 with the one you want, and then the blp of the one you have, with the one you want.

However, I'm assuming that's what your saying doesn't work, and if so then I have no idea. For the spiders I edited I just changed all the blp into the one for the diablo, so I didn't have alot of pick and match to do.

Androidpk
08-24-2005, 01:37 PM
There is the mp and bp which I can change no problem. But for this particular helm, it has a 3rd bp file which I assume is particle effect of some sorts. I know some people have gotten it to work correctly as i've seen screenshots, guess i'll just have to do some more tinkering.