PDA

View Full Version : problem with chat channels

hectomaner
08-23-2005, 04:40 PM
so i dont know what happened last night, but i just logged into wow, and my lock is way in the middle of BFE, so i got back to org. and my chat channels dont work. i didnt autojoin the channels, when i hit crossroads, or org.

is there some option i turned off ? or a way to turn it back on? or do i just have to join the channels manually now?

also what are the channels? i know 1 is general, and 4 is trade i think, what are 2 and 3?

AnticorRifling
08-23-2005, 05:05 PM

hectomaner
08-23-2005, 05:50 PM
yeah, logging out and back in didnt fix it

Artha
08-23-2005, 05:56 PM
3 is Looking For Group, 2 is Trade. 4+ are channels you make/join.

Andota
08-23-2005, 06:25 PM
---3 is Looking For Group, 2 is Trade. 4+ are channels you make/join.

You forgot local defense, which is 3, LFG is 4

Try deleting the chat cache document in the WTF folder

Default directory is:

C:- Program Files - World of Warcraft - WTF - Account - (your account name) - (the character name)

(changed out the dashes to hyphens cause they weren't showing up correctly)

Don't worry about deleting it, it will write a new one with the default settings when you log in, and that usually clears up any channel issues I have (like useless dummy channels you can't leave if you accidently leave yourself logged into the ironforge LFG channel remotely or when I misclick some stupid setting somewhere and screw it all up)

If that doesn't work... good luck!

[Edited on 8-23-2005 by Andota]

Artha
08-23-2005, 06:31 PM
You forgot local defense, which is 3, LFG is 4
Ah, must be an insomniax thing. I thought they removed Local Defense all together.

StrayRogue
08-23-2005, 07:22 PM
3 is LFG.

Andota
08-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
3 is LFG.

Game default has 3 as local defense.

That's not to say some mod has changed what it is on YOUR configuration, but with no mods and no tweaking whatsoever, 3 is local defense for me.

Not that it really matters :-p

Andota
08-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Ok, so I got bugged and tested it. Apparantly it just assigns the next open number to whatever channel you join with the DEFAULT as 1. general, 2. trade, 3. defense and 4. looking for group

I just reassigned lfg to channel 1 and local defense to channel 2, so its a tie.. we all win (or lose, depending on your optimism outlook)

Heres to being bored