PDA

View Full Version : I chooose You Thrall!

Iqxero
08-23-2005, 01:28 AM
<<
From Worldofwarcraft.com
We're pleased to announce that we've teamed up with Upper Deck Entertainment to bring World of Warcraft to trading card game players nationwide. Starting next Spring, players will be able to build their decks and attend events that let them challenge Onyxia, or raid Molten Core in an attempt to defeat Ragnaros with the hopes of getting powerful Epic cards. Visit entertainment.upperdeck.com/wow for more details on the card-based game.
>>

Holy crap, 40 geeks sitting around a table playing cards to kill Ragnaros. These people already are never getting laid, must Blizzard drain more money out of their pockets?

I then followed the link, and was severely disapointed I couldn't preorder them.

Bobmuhthol
08-23-2005, 01:55 AM
Holy shit.

Shari
08-23-2005, 02:06 AM
Ew.

Never got into the card-type games. Kinda glad I didn't.

kheldarin
08-23-2005, 04:16 AM
Trading card games > getting laid.

Not really, but trading card games are fun too. I'd try it.

Sean of the Thread
08-23-2005, 08:29 AM
My buddy that owns a couple sports collector shops opened up leagues and tournaments like 2 years ago for these card games and he says he makes MONSTER cash off the kiddies.

Andreal
08-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Oh god. So people would rather play the card game then play WoW? ....wow.

Landrion
08-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Another CCG? Jeez, talk about "me too" and saturated markets.

weasel82
08-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh man...I spend enough hours playing PC games...don't feel like adding any card games...that's for damn sure

Hips
08-27-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I think this is pretty neat.

Brian Hacker, former Shaman King TCG designer, is the lead designer for the game and is working hand in hand with Blizzard to capture the feeling of emersion that the online version offers its 3 million plus subscribers. Upper Deck is looking at having special silver foil cards in packs that once scratched off, like a lottery ticket, could reveal a special code. The various codes then can be used online to add special appearance alterations/changes, to online player characters. They are even going as far as to look at having resource pools to collect from every purchase, much like collecting bear pelts or spider legs in the online game, which can be redeemed for special alterations to player characters.

Link to the full article (http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=18271)

Andota
08-27-2005, 02:29 PM
I think it looks pretty fun, but I've always been partial to a good face-to-face TC game/tourney with friends.

The 3 vs 1 against a "raid boss" deck would worry me though... i could easily see it turning into a good ol' 72 hour D&D marathon (er wait, did I say D&D? I meant strip club! Yeah....)

Theres something about downing a few beers and pretending you're an orc warlod that would just get lost playing online. NOW YOU WILL FACE THE MIGHTY GORILLA, BEEBO! *hic*

Did I mention I'm looking to buy a life?

[Edited on 8-27-2005 by Andota]