PDA

View Full Version : implosion stats

Saro Afk
08-23-2005, 12:25 AM
So I can't find any specific stats on implosion anywhere, so I figured I'd ask here.

Just looking for some specific stats on the spell, I hear spell aiming is to implosion as sorcerer spells are to CS, but I can't find much on what the controls do, how low you can bring your 720 cost or what you need to bring it to that count.

Any help would be nice.
Saro Afk

Fallen
08-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Spell aiming is what you need to train in so that your implosion does decent damage against things slightly-moderately above your level. 2x is standard for most.

Both mana controls aid in lowering the cost of the spell. However, you must remember that level is a factor. If something is of a higher level than you, it will cost more. This cost will cap at 20. With 2x in both controls, the lowest you can get the cost is 14 mana (I believe). How much to train in Mana controls depends on if you use a runestaff or not.
Both mana controls (elemental and Spiritual) count equally.

Think I addressed everything. If not, post away and I will try again.

Janarth
08-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Perception also aids FI, but not a bunch. Open implosion doesn't require any spell aiming to use, its just dangerous to innocents. I think most people 1x both controls and FI costs 16 mana like level. You're gonna lose about half your kills to the void sucking the corpse and ah...thats about it. Oh, it generally doesn't suck up gems off the ground.

Sean of the Thread
08-23-2005, 09:44 AM
I don't know much about it except "720 Suave" "720 Mich" "720 Atreau" "720 teeoncy"

Asha
08-23-2005, 09:50 AM
That about sums up Implosion Xyelin.
Excellently put.

StrayRogue
08-23-2005, 09:54 AM
402 also aids FI. As does Multi Ops.

Fallen
08-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Perception also aids FI, but not a bunch.

402 also aids FI. >>

It has been stated by Nilven that perception does not factor at all into the strength, or accurracy of Open/Focused implosion.

Forgot about Multi-opponent Combat, however. It allows for each training in the skill a chance to stun an additional creature in the room when using a focused implosion.

Asha
08-23-2005, 12:44 PM
The 402 thing had me stumped too.
GS3 was different though. It factored back then.

Fallen
08-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I am trying to remember if Discipline was ever stated to be a factor in the strength of implosion. Many myths were both created and dispelled over the years.

GMs HAVE been known to make mistakes about spells, however.

*cough* Disintigrate *cough*

Asha
08-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Didn't 705 have us training in first aid, once?

Was some time ago. I could cirtainly be wrong.