PDA

View Full Version : Healers infected?

cajunlady
08-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Healers I am with on the dais are complaining of symptoms. I've seen the one I'm hunting with suffer from a cold sweat and a burning in her chest.

I read some time ago about a disease afflicting healers... looks like it has begun.

SpunGirl
08-20-2005, 03:14 PM
They're all being affected by whatever it is now.

-K

SpunGirl
08-20-2005, 03:16 PM
>

A wave of heat surges through your blood, and your heart stutters wildly. For an instant, the world swims dizzily around you...and then everything stabilizes. You sense a new control over your body as the pulse of your heart ebbs to a more normal level. Something has changed inherently within you.

That was a few seconds ago.

-K

Axhinde
08-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Yep, something about being turned into undead healers or something ridiculous. It's what the whole ritual thing for empaths was all about the other night.

DCSL
08-20-2005, 03:18 PM
The healers in Landing are saying something about turning, but I haven't found out what they mean yet.

Miss X
08-20-2005, 03:19 PM
This new trolls blood better be good! ;)

Artha
08-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Repent! Follow my guide else the end is nigh. It shall be your light.

Jolena
08-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah that's over with now, that message you saw Spun was the end of it, the 'cure' happening. Troll's blood is now a group spell.

Keraa gestures.
Dark red droplets coalesce upon your skin before sinking into your flesh. Your heart, already beating strongly with Troll's Blood, accelerates with new vigor as your body accepts the new infusion.

SpunGirl
08-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Ew, dark red blood all over your skin? Empaths are already always mangled messes anyway, way to make them more gross!

Good spell tho. :)

-K

Jolena
08-20-2005, 05:52 PM
The hearts of all Empaths are pounding all over Elanthia! GM Estild has released the Troll's Blood (1125) update!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mnemonic: TROBLD

Duration: 600 seconds + 10 seconds for every empath spell known

Type: Utility

Through the use of the spell Troll's Blood, the empath is able to inherit some of the minor regenerative properties and combat effectiveness of a troll. While under the effects of the spell, the empath is able to restore 6 Health Points (HP) and heal any minor (rank 1) wounds at a base 20 second interval. Additionally, if the empath is non-magically stunned when the effect triggers, there is a chance to break out of the stun.

Training in Mental Lore, Transformation increases the base amount of Health Points (HP) that is restored at each interval by an additional +1 HP at 3 ranks to a maximum of an additional +17 HP at 187 ranks (seed 3 of the summation chart).

Training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings decreases the duration between each interval beginning with an additional -1 second at 5 ranks, with an additional decrease of -16 seconds at 200 ranks (seed 5 of the summation chart).

If the empath is a member of a group, his or her group will receive the Troll's Blood benefits as well.

This message was originally posted in Empaths, Empath Spells. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=26&topic=15&messag e=1730

I'm wondering if the affects that the group can share include the ability to break out of a stun, if they aren't an empath.

Fallen
08-20-2005, 06:08 PM
The spell rocks, that is all. Imagine being well trained in blessings. A chance to be unstunned every 10 seconds? Incredible.

Jolena
08-20-2005, 06:10 PM
I know that a lot of folks are upset about it on the official boards due to the part where the spell auto heals everyone in your group's minor spells because it takes away from the healers ability to gain experience from transfering it if they don't catch it within 20 seconds. And because it will not take out scars so the party is left using herbs. However, most empaths are stocked with herbs or they can grow them. Also, if my empath is hunting the last thing she is worried about is gaining experience from transferring a minor wound. Minors at her age, unless there is a PILE of them all over the patient, do nothing much at all for her.

I love it as it is. We'll see how well the stun relief works.

Latrinsorm
08-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
Also, if my empath is hunting the last thing she is worried about is gaining experience from transferring a minor wound. Minors at her age, unless there is a PILE of them all over the patient, do nothing much at all for her.Do higher trained empaths actually get less exp per wound?

Miss X
08-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Decent spell. I won't be changing my lore training for it though and I hate hunting in groups so no worries on that score. The stun relief thing is great though, hopefully it will help in OTF where being stunned is far too deadly!

StrayRogue
08-20-2005, 06:35 PM
You'll be hunting with me when I get to 90.

Kitsun
08-20-2005, 06:56 PM
I should've bet money on this...

They forgot to tag Troll's Blood as a group spell so it has been counting for spell burst.

The GMs never remember to turn that flag on for group based spells when they're tweaked/made.

Czeska
08-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Those of us that participated in the ritual got bracelets as a thank you, too:

a sapphire-set mistwood bracelet

>look bracelet
A delicate pattern of acantha leaves has been engraved along the back of the mistwood bangle bracelet. At the center of the leaves, a single blue shimmarglin sapphire sparkles with the radiance of a tropical lagoon. Arcane runes inlaid in vaalin surround the sapphire.
There appears to be something written on it.

s>read bracelet
The writing blurs before your eyes for a moment, but then it coalesces.
You read:

Many hands, one cause.

GSLady17
08-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by Jolena
Also, if my empath is hunting the last thing she is worried about is gaining experience from transferring a minor wound. Minors at her age, unless there is a PILE of them all over the patient, do nothing much at all for her.Do higher trained empaths actually get less exp per wound?

Yes. A Very young empath can get a full mind off of just blood. while it takes 8 Major (number 3 wounds) to fry my empath.

Czeska
08-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Loving this new aspect to Troll's Blood:

Though you are stunned and reeling, you become aware of your pounding heart. With each beat, it grows louder and louder, faster and faster, until, with a sudden surge of strength, you throw off your stunned state!

Gan
08-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Czeska
Those of us that participated in the ritual got bracelets as a thank you, too:

a sapphire-set mistwood bracelet

>look bracelet
A delicate pattern of acantha leaves has been engraved along the back of the mistwood bangle bracelet. At the center of the leaves, a single blue shimmarglin sapphire sparkles with the radiance of a tropical lagoon. Arcane runes inlaid in vaalin surround the sapphire.
There appears to be something written on it.

s>read bracelet
The writing blurs before your eyes for a moment, but then it coalesces.
You read:

Many hands, one cause.

Feh, I participated and did not get a fancy bracelet. :(

Shonison
08-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Apparently the Empath GM's are aware of the spellburst problem. They are going to look at what other group spells are affected by it, and judge where they go from there.

Czeska
08-21-2005, 01:02 PM
If you were at the ritual, Sconius said to get in touch with him to get a bracelet, if you weren't there yesterday.

hectomaner
08-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
If you were at the ritual, Sconius said to get in touch with him to get a bracelet, if you weren't there yesterday.

yeah i was at the rigual, but uhh how do i get in touch with him?

Czeska
08-21-2005, 01:50 PM
I"d post in the quests and events folder on the officials, GMs are reading there.

Latrinsorm
08-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by GSLady17
Yes. A Very young empath can get a full mind off of just blood. while it takes 8 Major (number 3 wounds) to fry my empath. The reason I ask is because I actually got exact numbers for each wound across several levels. Maybe exp compression doesn't kick in until a certain level?

Miss X
08-21-2005, 02:55 PM
I could be way off, but I have always believed that the amount of EXP you get from a wound is the same, regardless of level. However, the amount of EXP it takes to fill your head will go up as you train, because of increasing stats etc. I also believe there might be plans to reduce EXP from healing based on level in the future, but I havent read anything on the boards about it lately.

HarmNone
08-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Whiine! You guys are making me want to reactivate my mother's empath just to see how this thing works! Stop it, I say! :D

Askip
08-21-2005, 07:06 PM
C'mon back, HarmNone.

:D

Bobmuhthol
08-21-2005, 07:10 PM
<<I also believe there might be plans to reduce EXP from healing based on level in the future, but I havent read anything on the boards about it lately.>>

What a stupid idea. Any really good healing empath is not a good hunter. You don't get less experience for like-level kills at higher levels. The extra exp I need every level is enough to turn me off. I don't need it to increase twofold by getting less experience for the same work, too.

Latrinsorm
08-21-2005, 07:20 PM
If exp does shrink, it does not do so until after level 32. Anyone with a capped empath, a belled mind, and a wound to transfer can put this to rest.