>
Jinathor says, "Of."
>
Noalei's left leg looks better.
>
Jinathor says, "LIght."

snip...

>
You see a thin wire thrown across Jinathor's throat causing his eyes to bulge.
>
Jinathor gives off a garbled gasp and you see his head fall at your feet. You hear a malicious voice rasp from the shadows, "You should not speak of matters that can be detrimental to your health!"
>

* Jinathor drops dead at your feet!

>

Report Hey Hey! I thought the Dark Assassin was gone. (Yay!)
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. While no staff members are currently on duty, there are likely to be several lurking behind the scenes to investigate your report. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>

SEND[Dark Assassin Lord] You were mistaken!

>

The ghostly voice of Jinathor says, "The society thing is gone from my thing."
>
The ghostly voice of Jinathor exclaims, "YAAAAAY!!!!!!!!"
>

>
The ghostly voice of Jinathor says, "I seem to be missing somthing."
>
Boney sits down.
>
Eyanna softly asks, "Your head?"
>

-Electrawn

[Edited on 8-19-2005 by Electrawn]

Fallen
08-19-2005, 04:33 AM
Looks like he was expelled from the order as well. God, I love the good Council.

Jolena
08-19-2005, 09:25 AM
heh! I wasn't aware that they would remove you from the Council if you speak of it out loud like that.

The Ponzzz
08-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Glad to see this being reinforced again! And you can loss a number of things. Ranks mostly...

Andreal
08-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Seems like a fun way to get yourself kicked out then. In all honestly, why kick you out though? Would they lose ownership pf your soul if they did that?

The Ponzzz
08-19-2005, 11:09 AM
My understanding of the CoL is not that they are Soul Stealing people. They are saying they have your soul, in sense that you gave up chances for power... Just a common phrase used to symbolize thier dark nature. Just like when people say, "This food taste like shit!" When's the last time you took a nice bite out of a piece of shit to know?

Andreal
08-19-2005, 11:13 AM
My understanding was that you corrupted your soul for power and now it belongs to them for as long as you exist. But whatever floats your boat.

AnticorRifling
08-19-2005, 11:33 AM
My understanding is the retard in that first log needs to quit GS.

The ghostly voice of Jinathor says, "The society thing is gone from my thing."
>
The ghostly voice of Jinathor exclaims, "YAAAAAY!!!!!!!!"

What a fucking moron.

Stunseed
08-19-2005, 12:35 PM
< My understanding was that you corrupted your soul for power and now it belongs to them for as long as you exist. >

Better than using the souls of others for your own gain. Of course, I've never been a pure man. Stunseed has made this arguement I'd wager a dozen times in-game, and it's pretty slick.

Drew
08-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Had this happen to me before

You hear a chilling voice whisper in your ear, "Continue to test our patience, and we will certainly see our commitment to silencing your flapping tongue."

>go door[Pawnshop, Interior]
Stark wooden floorboards creak under the weight of stacks of bundled weapons and leather. Perched atop the tall bundles is a halfling clerk who looks none too eager to help you. In a place of honor on the wall opposite the door is a portrait of Sniffberry, the pawnshop proprietor. You also see a packing crate.
Obvious exits: out

Your head snaps back suddenly as a hand clamps over your mouth and pulls you backwards. Three slashes across your throat cut short any attempt to scream.

... 175 points of damage!
Incredible slash to your neck!
Throat and vocal cords destroyed!
Zero chance of survival.
The air about you stops shimmering.
The buzz of thoughts in your mind subsides.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
You no longer feel so dextrous.
The air calms down around you.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
You feel the aura of confidence leave you.
You feel your extra strength departing.
You become solid again.
You feel the inner strength leave you.
You return to normal color.
The light blue glow leaves you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 14 mins...

You struggle briefly, but you collapse and fall to the ground as your strength fails. You barely make out the shadowy figure looming above you as your vision blurs and your senses grow dim. You can still hear the words cold and clear before everything goes dark,

" That is a high price to learn the value of silence."

Everything goes dark and the last thing you hear are faint footsteps and a sinister laughter fading away.

Terminator X
08-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I was bitching about a task and then said something like "Do it yourself, lazy Master of Gifts!" I then had a kill-kill-death dagger with a black-inked scroll stabbed by it thrown two centimeters infront of my face. It read something like:

Those who speak ill of their masters must watch their step.

Cool shit.

[Edited on 8-20-2005 by Terminator X]

Sylph
08-19-2005, 06:16 PM
<3 the Dark Assassins!

Now... If only they had this sort of enforcement for normal OOC crap.

Divinity
08-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
heh! I wasn't aware that they would remove you from the Council if you speak of it out loud like that.

Wow, does this bring back memories. Doesn't it, Jolena? :lol:

Anyways, I'm estatic that they're doing this again.

Jolena
08-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah, man that was so fun that night with you in Solhaven. I think I cried I laughed so hard watching the Poohbah get infuriated at Kurapira while Devoria just stood around flirting with him :lol:

Divinity
08-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Even better when the Dark Assassin took an all expenses paid vacation to Pinefar with us. :cold:

Back
08-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey, how do you beat that thing where you pulled the chain in a certain position and wound up in a room with a mirror and had to fight your self? What was that all about?

Jolena
08-19-2005, 07:15 PM
That's the process you must do to get OUT of COL I believe. You just gotta fight yourself and if you win, you get out of COL.

Back
08-19-2005, 07:26 PM
That's the process you must do to get OUT of COL I believe. You just gotta fight yourself and if you win, you get out of COL.

Anyone ever done it? Whats the trick? I tried a few times not knowing what it was all about and lost by like minimal HPs.

Drew
08-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Backlash

Anyone ever done it? Whats the trick? I tried a few times not knowing what it was all about and lost by like minimal HPs.

I have a really old log somewhere, I'll try to pull it up.

Janarth
08-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I fought myself and won, joined Voln. Not quite sure -how- I did it (it was like...three years ago) but I definitely fought myself and almost died. Think I like prayed or something...

Tisket
08-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Hmm it's odd but all my characters have always been in Voln. If a non CoL member talks out loud about that society will you still get a visit from the assassin? My catalog of useless knowledge doesn't include this bit of trivia.

Renian
08-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Basically, you see the dark side of yourself who taunts you and stuff, and says that there is no way you can save your soul, yada yada yada.

PRAY a few times and the Arkati will make sort work of your dark self's ass.

Terminator X
08-19-2005, 08:56 PM
If you've been kicked out of CoL and know how to sneak back in, some of the stuff the NPCs say is pretty cool.

I tried reciting the oath infront of the Poohbah when I snuck in whilst in Voln. It was something like...

>recite I will NEVER betray The Council.

A deranged voice from out of nowhere angrily whispers, "You already have!" Or something like that.

Back
08-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Renian
Basically, you see the dark side of yourself who taunts you and stuff, and says that there is no way you can save your soul, yada yada yada.

SPOILER! I quit Gemstone back in... fuck me, it was 97? Thanks for the answers though. That always bugged me. Just like that fucking Ilvari Luck Charm did.

Drew
08-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Backlash

Originally posted by Renian

SPOILER! I quit Gemstone back in... fuck me, it was 97? Thanks for the answers though. That always bugged me. Just like that fucking Ilvari Luck Charm did.

Wait, you quit CoL or Gemstone in 1997?

Eyanna
08-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Hahaha... That was funny... In a way.. It might've kinda been my fault he said that.. Oh well...