Toxicvixen
08-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Yup! Me want now! :D

Landrion
08-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
Anyone else getting? I pre-ordered

http://www.cityofvillains.com/

Im gonna pass. I was into CoH until my entire SG quit over nerfs. Maybe CoV is better balanced, but for now Im sticking with WoW

ieva
08-15-2005, 05:36 PM
I am considering it *nods*. Though, in most cases - sequals suck ass so I am a bit nervous.

Apotheosis
08-15-2005, 05:45 PM
is this going to tie in with CoH?

if that's the case, it might be a pretty sweet umm, MMORPG

Toxicvixen
08-15-2005, 05:46 PM
I want my very own EVIL LAIR!

crazymage
08-15-2005, 06:28 PM
yeh it's supposed to put you against the player heroes in a battleground type thing i gather.

Back
08-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Blargh, if they only knew how much money they could make if they would port it for Macs. Le sigh.

Apotheosis
08-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
Blargh, if they only knew how much money they could make if they would port it for Macs. Le sigh.

They do, that's why they don't port it.

Back
08-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Traitor! H8tor! Instigator!

crazymage
08-15-2005, 09:35 PM
only if mac people knew how many games they could play if they had real machines

Artha
08-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey they paid good money to be trendy jerks that whine about windoze, shut up Sergey.

Back
08-15-2005, 10:06 PM
And Apple is still a very successful company and Blizzard is the most successful on-line gaming company in history.

08-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
And Apple is still a very successful company and Blizzard is the most successful on-line gaming company in history.
yeah so successful that that are killing their main competitor by holding 5% of the market share... while Microsoft has 95% of it.

Jenisi
08-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Looks cool. Might try it... Let me know how it rolls.

Artha
08-15-2005, 11:26 PM
yeah so successful that that are killing their main competitor by holding 5% of the market share... while Microsoft has 95% of it.
Hey, they're beating the shit out of Linux.

08-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Linux is non-profit, not much of a competitor.

Kriterian
08-29-2005, 08:13 PM
I re-activated my old account for City of Heroes, and the next day I received an invite to beta test City of Villans.

The server hours are horrible right now, 6-8pm CST Monday thru Friday ONLY. I've had a CoV beta account for two weeks and have only managed to get through the character gen, and part of the tutorial.

My favorite part of CoH before was the character generator of course, and they added a ton of new options for CoV. When I got to the game play stuff it was the same old boring stuff. The game needs more than influence and power upgrades as loot etc.

Showal
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Was CoH any good? I almost bought it but didn't know if it would be worth the 15 a month. If people recommend it, I might give it a whirl.

Showal
08-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Oh ... and do a lot of people here play this? Let me know what servers because I might buy it tonight.

Landrion
08-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Showal
Was CoH any good? I almost bought it but didn't know if it would be worth the 15 a month. If people recommend it, I might give it a whirl.

I liked itat first . I found it entertaining for a while. But the biggest flaw of the game is its instanced missions.

Most of the missions are instanced and they have way too few maps for them. Several of those maps are very prickish and twisty. So those missions often degenerate into searching through the same map again to find the hidden hostage, bomb or other item. I once likened it to turning off the lights in my basement and throwing out a handful of quarters to go pick up.

The other problem was the game balance. Powerlevelling was out of hand when I left. A single fire tank could take on an entire mission alone while the rest of his 8 man team soaked up xp. They responded with a huge nerfing - but I was gone before I could see it in practice.

That was the bad, the good was the costuming, the lack of economy and the sidekicking. You had far better control of your toon than any other game. Because the power enhancers were so easily available there was no need to merchant, craft or camp anything. The most innovative function was the sidekicking/exemplaring. This allowed people lower or boost up their power to adventure with people of different level. It made hanging with your friends a lot more convienent.

Kefka
08-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Anyone still play this? Just got my Ill/Rad Controller, Ominus Prime, to level 20. With the introduction of invention sets, auction houses and the salvage system, it's alot easier to make money as early as level 4. The huge selection of costumes and power sets makes it easy to get alt-itis trying to make new character concepts. It's something different for those bored with WoW.

crazymage
08-07-2007, 05:24 PM
mines still unopened..and i bought the collector edition