PDA

View Full Version : Who's the biggest idiot in Elanthia?

Pages : [1] 2

FishSticks
06-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Put down your opinions, and state why please.

-Vif
-Bobmuthol
-Amalfya
-Plur
-Other

I can't stand vif, she was funny at first, but she gets mean as hell sometimes, especially in private, now I dont consider her funny or fun. She's annoying.

Makkah
06-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Vif, Warclaidhm, Mogonis, Drizzsdt.

All are just incredibly immature. Mogonis I wouldn't mind if he didn't pull so much "mystery" item bull.

Kesir of course, because he's just a moron OOC and on the boards.

rht

Parkbandit
06-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Warclaidhm, Vif, Amalfya, Haashek and anyone that can dish it out but SUCK at taking it. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have a mental duel with folks like this.. only to get the WARN INTERACTION when they fail to come back with anything.

If you wanna come to a battle of wits with me.. at least come prepared to be defeated.

Makkah
06-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Yeah... Haashek and his "woman" Amberain did that Warn Interaction crap on me. Couple more... Darckwizard, Zvardin, Dusky, Arkans, Zodier, man the list could go on forever. Maliku, erm... wait...

rht

Gokkem
06-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Jastio (i know I pissed you off for last hour, but please don't kill me I'll go demonic!) and Ganryu (I have spurs, I'm a knight so you better respect me!!!) top my list. However some of the others mentioned here are on the top 10 list for sure.

Makkah
06-02-2003, 05:02 PM
<<and Ganryu >>

Of course I would have included him, but he's permabanned... and now back in the form of Kesir. So there ya have it.

rht

Gokkem
06-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Oh yes now I see! I amend my top 2...Ganryu/Kesir and Jastio.

Ya know, if Ganryu is permabanned, only takes 1 GM reading these boards to do a little investigating and Kesir will be next. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get caught playing after being permabanned they get you don't they?

Makkah
06-02-2003, 06:58 PM
<<Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get caught playing after being permabanned they get you don't they?>>

I believe that's how it is... we can hope.

rht

Taernath
06-02-2003, 07:20 PM
What was Ganryu permabanned for?

CrystalTears
06-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Being himself? :D

Or perhaps it was his compulsion to use those knightly spurs to stab people in the neck? So chivalrous he was, ya know. ;)

[Edited on 6/2/2003 by CrystalTears]

Warriorbird
06-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Abusing a bug.

Makkah
06-02-2003, 07:54 PM
<<Abusing a bug.>>

Abusing a bug x 20

rht

Ben
06-03-2003, 04:47 AM
Warclaidhm/Victorae

Warclaidhm for obvious reasons.
Victorae bids his own items up multi-accounting and is just a cheap greedy jerk.

GOD
06-03-2003, 04:53 AM
Haha Jasio iz a tool, lol.

06-03-2003, 08:21 AM
What about me!? Doesn't anyone think I'm the biggest idiot anymore :(

- --[ Klaive/Kage ]-- -

Edaarin
06-03-2003, 11:19 AM
i wouldn't mind victorae that much, i just find that damn "me is a poor poor wizard" shtick very annoying. also the reason haashek annoys me from time to time. can't stand that "legend boom boom" junk. hey, nicknames are fine if you can live up to them, but stop running away from stone sentinels.

i forget the guy's name, but someone would refuse to stop mstriking in troll kings a few months ago, that was just stupid.

and ularo, if he's still around.

Red Devil
06-03-2003, 11:45 AM
whats mstrking in troll kings do?

Parkbandit
06-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Cut's off limbs that run away and grow into new troll kings.

GS4Gurl
06-03-2003, 01:49 PM
Well now I think its just obvious that Kesir is now the biggest idiot for outing himself. The GM's do read these boards you know.

And for second biggest idiot is a tie between Warclaidhm and Atheana. They both think they're merchants and jack up prices on their CRAPPY items. Atheana has been trying to sell the same stuff for ages. No one is buying. Can't imagine why. hehe. Same with Warclaidhm. Hell his name is just idiotic. Her name is just as dumb cant come up with something original have to name herself after a OOC god? Oh well whatever. Just my opinion. Ya asked for it. :wow:

06-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Yeah... Haashek and his "woman" Amberain did that Warn Interaction crap on me. Couple more... Darckwizard, Zvardin, Dusky, Arkans, Zodier, man the list could go on forever. Maliku, erm... wait...rht

I think I've seen your character get into an argument on Teras, and I can understand why you might get WARN INTERACTIONS.

Anyway, I think you were arguing with Starsnuffer about whatever, and kept telling him he needed to get laid or something.

I thought you just had a problem with Starsnuffer's arrogance, and were antagonizing him with insults that weren't really in genre.

Of course, I may be thinking of a different character...if so, disregard this.

Makkah
06-03-2003, 03:54 PM
<<Anyway, I think you were arguing with Starsnuffer about whatever, and kept telling him he needed to get laid or something. >>

Yes, it was a different character you're thinking of...

Makkah
06-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Actually... I have the log of the interaction to which you're probably referring. There is nothing OOC about the situation, I actually had a good time arguing with Starsnuffer. I argued about his pompous attitude and his "Emperor of Teras" status. And the word "laid" was never used. Got the log if you want ;)

rht

Red Devil
06-04-2003, 07:59 AM
Makkah - The bringer of editted

06-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Actually... I have the log of the interaction to which you're probably referring. There is nothing OOC about the situation, I actually had a good time arguing with Starsnuffer. I argued about his pompous attitude and his "Emperor of Teras" status. And the word "laid" was never used. Got the log if you want rht

I barely recall the situation to be honest, but just vaguely remember the insults relating to a lack of sex, or a need of sex. Just from the way the situation appeared as an outsider, it looked like you had a personal problem with him.

Granted, there is plenty to disagree about in character. I was only there a week and heard him claiming that he owned the isle at least 3 times.

Makkah
06-04-2003, 10:50 AM
<<I barely recall the situation to be honest, but just vaguely remember the insults relating to a lack of sex, or a need of sex.>>

Yeah, he was throwing some major league insults around to some friends of mine:

Starsnuffer says, "You can take your opinion, and deliver it to the goat that you dropped from as a child. I believe the goat would have more use for it then I."

You say, "So much pain..."
You say, "and anger."
You say, "You need a better venue to projecting that pain and anger."
You say, "Your childhood woes and worries need a more constructive use."
You say, "Either that... or you just need a woman."
You smile at Starsnuffer.

I don't really see how that could be construed as you seemed to do... I was just having a little fun with a pompous Dhe'nar... but I guess anyone that doesn't know Maliku would find that a little harsh.

rht

Zvardin
06-11-2003, 12:24 AM
That's funny, rht ;). Ah well, I'll take it as a compliment I made your list. You only picked a fight with me and egged me on all day with one character until I finally killed you, then you sent your older one after me and I killed him, too. Don't worry, I got no hard feelings about ya, of course I'm not the one who lost any deeds.

Makkah
06-11-2003, 01:31 AM
Hey buddy, when you go blatantly OOC, it's cool for me to right?

rht

Parkbandit
06-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Perhaps the cheapest thing to do in game... get an older character to fight your battles for you.

Makkah
06-11-2003, 12:49 PM
<<Perhaps the cheapest thing to do in game... get an older character to fight your battles for you.>>

Well it didn't really happen like that. Thanks for playing.

The brilliant Zvardin started junk with my smaller character. Brought multiple characters into the conflict (like 4 other characters?). So it was 6 people basically attacking me at the statue. I died, blah blah. I brought my older character into the game (NOT into the conflict), then he started messing with him too? Interesting.

rht

Parkbandit
06-11-2003, 02:31 PM
Maybe you shouldn't be so blatent on all the different characters you play.... and you wouldn't have half the issues you seem to have?

Just a thought.

Ben
06-12-2003, 02:25 AM
its a ROLE PLAYING GAME.

Caels
06-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Most play it as a ROLL playing game, however.

Zvardin
06-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Actually rht. The first I dealt with you alone remember? You died. Then you went after who I was seeing at the time, slept her and dragged her to a hunting ground. I came out and she stunned you and asked me to do you in, so I began to do so. Then everyone at the statue started casting random spells at you, sounds and everything else because you were hated by all here. Get the story straight.

Makkah
06-19-2003, 10:26 AM
<<Get the story straight.>>

Keep telling yourself all that. You had it right till the "random character" part came up. Nice try though. If you needed help with me, you can just admit it and save yourself the heartache.

rht

rht

Morstanya
06-27-2003, 02:58 PM
The Gracy Clan.

She has managed to alienate the pretty much the entire 'old guard' in Icemule and is so daft that she is just now starting to realize it. Her reaction, spout off even more than before. Brilliant.

Belthania Pogrom
07-10-2003, 04:30 AM
I agree with everything Morstanya says

Drew2
07-10-2003, 05:00 AM
I thought we had flushed all the idiots from Icemule. But it seems we have aquired a reject from Vaalor.

Urdragon sings:

"I wear this crow of .... upion my liers chair full of broken thought i cannot repair!"

>
Urdragon says, "thats nin"
>glance urd
You glance at Urdragon.
>
Urdragon says, "my favoret song"
>
Urdragon says, "by the way"

This is the puppet of Odiscea. Odiscea makes it very well known that he controls both those characters, and goes OOC about every chance he gets. This is the same fella who threatened Chumpino, Casted at Kisharra, and Insulted Daina, then reported me when I spent the rest of the afternoon making his life miserable. I would love ta see this fella put out of the gates and shipped to Teras to join Grazy (that's not a typo).

-Tayre

Parkbandit
07-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Gracy is in the landing... not on Teras

Drew2
07-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Who cares, really? As long as she's not in Icemule, we're content.

Captain Amby
07-10-2003, 07:45 PM
ehh some would prolly say me is da biggest idiot.. but I dunno... hrrms. I hated Zodac, but he not around no mores.. nn n wells.. I dun dislike many peoples. I'd be angry all da time at all da idiots dat kill me jest for being hyper n happy hehe.

GS4Gurl
07-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Captain Amby, got a question for you. Um why are you talking like your idiotic GS accent while on a message board?

Captain Amby
07-12-2003, 05:56 PM
mebbe dis is how I talk? Or feel like it? or wow.. Maybe it makes me *Happy* and I dont think its idiot. Obviously some folks dun like it. you can kiss my right rosy cheek. woo hooo!

Zentoph
07-12-2003, 07:29 PM
I'd have to say Vif, she's been being an immature wench lately all over the amulet... Jblades is pretty bad, a rat hunter who claims he is level 150.

Any 'Amulet police' who tell you to take it private when the argument isn't out of line. (I'm not referring to Delyorik)

It isn't one particular person.. just the three things off the top of my head

-Soroth

peam
07-12-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm going to take it out on the dead horse.

Warclaidhm gets my vote. And here comes Jaxyon running a close second! And making a distant third is Gorelocke.

I haven't been in game for a while, so I had to go back to my trust ol' bright green highlight list to take my picks.

Kurili
07-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Jaxyon was being a complete idiot this morning on the net, over missing, or not being picked by, Dolya the Merchant. What a moron.

AnticorRifling
07-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Jayxon was bitching and being a complete pain of missing Sukura also. Yelling, whining, etc on the amulet. I wanted to break his knuckles and fatten his lips.

Kurili
07-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Sukara! That was it. Sorry, forgot the name and looked at the calendar. Yeah, a GM finally came on the net

Parkbandit
07-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Oh come on.. someone has to have a copy of the log to that...

07-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Hey, I managed to get named. Not bad. What did I do? Step on your sand castle?

- Arkans

Captain Amby
07-15-2003, 05:27 PM
I nominate Red Devil for the biggest idiot. Read his thread under off topics, called "Girls suck". That'd piss off anyone who had any respect for women.

GS4Gurl
07-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Captain Amby
I nominate Red Devil for the biggest idiot. Read his thread under off topics, called "Girls suck". That'd piss off anyone who had any respect for women.

Yay yer tawkling/writings normals yays! lol

zarvon
07-15-2003, 07:02 PM
I have to say reminion is the biggest idiot in elanthia and well some people would think i would be it so think about it ;)

Captain Amby
07-15-2003, 07:08 PM
jest fow you gsfouwgurl. I tawk like dis. I fink dat most people misundastand me as an idiot. Jest cant see beyond me cap n' me pawwot, Mw. Fweckles. Or! dey cants see me words beyond me beawd! Oh wellios. I dun care. I still fink I'ma misundastood.
~Cap'n Amby McKeyn

Jenisi
07-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Merryleon [subdued]: "Sponge Bobmuhthol!"

peam
07-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Reminion is a damned idiot.

I used to kill him back when he first started that character for being a moron, and since I'm a frequent reroller, he eventually passed me.

So, naturally he came back to seek revenge. etc. etc. I foiled him again and again.

One day he got ahold of my AIM name and threatened to rip my heart out.

I live in eternal fear now.

Scott
07-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by peam
Reminion is a damned idiot.

I used to kill him back when he first started that character for being a moron, and since I'm a frequent reroller, he eventually passed me.

So, naturally he came back to seek revenge. etc. etc. I foiled him again and again.

One day he got ahold of my AIM name and threatened to rip my heart out.

I live in eternal fear now.

He plays Everquest now. A friend of mine saw him there..... Went from 1-50 in 3 weeks..... Same moron there as he was in Gemstone.

peam
07-17-2003, 12:18 AM
Well, at least he's not here. He's a sad 15 year old.

HighBardess
07-19-2003, 12:20 AM
But Starsnuffer does need a woman. A stronger woman than himself, that can pin him down and give him what he needs. He needs to be humbled on occasion, all men do. It was a bit harsh, and it was slightly OOG (comments like "you need a woman" in the context used simply were NOT discussed in the time period), but it was completely true. But because there is no woman stronger than Starsnuffer who will take the time to humble him, the discussion is moot.

*note I am speaking of the character, not the player*

Bevan
07-19-2003, 07:21 AM
Don't be too sure. You should have seen his first lady.

Bobmuhthol
07-19-2003, 12:22 PM
<<It was a bit harsh, and it was slightly OOG (comments like "you need a woman" in the context used simply were NOT discussed in the time period), but it was completely true.>>

The time period is 3100 years in the future...

Parkbandit
07-21-2003, 08:37 AM
[i]Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

The time period is 3100 years in the future...

That is the year 3100 (I thought it was in the 5 thousands actually...) on Elanthia.. and has nothing to do with the fact that it's 2003 on Earth.

It's neither in the future or in the past.

You can infer though that present day Elanthia is more like Earth's Middle Ages.

StrayRogue
07-21-2003, 11:29 AM
I'd like to add Sodrotordos to this list please.

Parkbandit
07-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I'd like to add Sodrotordos to this list please.

He has a new player now... not nearly the jackass he was before.

StrayRogue
07-21-2003, 01:26 PM
He's been sold? You know that for sure?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-21-2003, 01:34 PM
I hope so, the original was a complete asshole.

Parkbandit
07-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
He's been sold? You know that for sure?

Let's just say he used to dislike Falgrin very very much.... and for good reason.

2 weeks ago, it was as if they didn't know each other. There's no way he doesn't remember Falgrin. :smug:

He's new.. or at least was rented on the last couple of times I saw him in game.

StrayRogue
07-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Well I know he was a Ma-er. I hope he's gone.

peam
07-21-2003, 03:57 PM
I know Sodrotordos' player, and I saw the character offering free imbeds and spell ups on the net a few days ago. There's no way that would've went on with the original.

Sodrotordos is DEFINITELY sold.

Betheny
07-21-2003, 04:03 PM
He's sold, you can look up the character transaction on e-Bay. The old Sodrotordos would never have offered blessings of Kai on someone, I saw dude doing this in the park.

Old Sod wasn't so bad, maybe a little egomaniacal, but nothing like half the people I see walking around.

I think Deathravin/Frostravin/Dharkravin and his entire brood of idiots should be on the list.

Betheny
07-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Oh... and Sabreo/Sabreon/Mistros/Kolts. I think Sabreo was sold and has a different player, but the other three are all played by the same guy.

They login at the same time, logout at the same time, huntin a group, talk the same, and they run 'House Dreadnaught'. I hear how they recruit people, is by telling them that joining the house is a good way to get roleplaying awards.

Beyond that, they fight like girls. I stunned Sabreo for attacking someone 3/4 his age and lying about it, and so Mistros/Kolts/Sabreon came up to me in raptors and leopards. Kolts sang song of noise, Sabreon used some kinda guild skill on me, and Mistros imploded me.

It still took him 3 casts to kill me. What a punk. I didn't even know who they were until I looked at the last names. They wouldn't even TELL me.

Idjits.

godShell
07-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Girls always like the asshole don't they? Mistros/Sabreo/Kolts/Sabreon do deserve a biggest idiot award. I'm sure a lot of people who visit this site (gossips, elitists, naivettes) also belong on the list.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by godShell
Girls always like the asshole don't they? Mistros/Sabreo/Kolts/Sabreon do deserve a biggest idiot award. I'm sure a lot of people who visit this site (gossips, elitists, naivettes) also belong on the list.

You mean like Maiwhora?

Bobmuhthol
07-21-2003, 11:57 PM
I have the feeling the last two posts were from the same person..

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
I have the feeling the last two posts were from the same person..

You have the wrong feeling, Bobby.

Bobmuhthol
07-21-2003, 11:59 PM
There was certainly a substantial amount of evidence, but if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Both signed up today, posted within a minute of each other. But you're both Online, so.. I guess I'm wrong.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 12:02 AM
There was certainly a substantial amount of evidence, but if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Both signed up today, posted within a minute of each other. But you're both Online, so.. I guess I'm wrong.

Your detective skills are amazing.

Ever think that someone already registered on here had shown us something posted on here and we both came and registered?

Yes, well. Maybe you should think more often, then.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 12:03 AM
I'm already on the list, Loralai.

They're different. GodShell is Sodrotordos' original player, and Dustyn is Loralai's player.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
I'm already on the list, Loralai.

They're different. GodShell is Sodrotordos' original player, and Dustyn is Loralai's player.

Sweet.

Smart girl.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 12:04 AM
Oh, yeah, I forgot that what you said was completely NOT OBVIOUS. My mistake.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 12:09 AM
It's pretty obvious since you call me the same thing over and over. What's your problem? Still pissed off about that chat thing?

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 12:20 AM
It's pretty obvious since you call me the same thing over and over. What's your problem? Still pissed off about that chat thing?

No, you just never gave me a reason to forget about it. So I associate you with some pretty hellacious insults.

Nothing I haven't heard before, but a spade is a spade.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 12:25 AM
I really don't see any reason you should be calling me a whore here for something that happened months ago. Did you register just to do that? Am I that special?

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 12:27 AM
I really don't see any reason you should be calling me a whore here for something that happened months ago. Did you register just to do that? Am I that special?

That's just your name.

What else should I call you?

And I didn't register purely for that. I was gonna comment on something else before Greg mentioned shit.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 12:27 AM

PS, the GS dudes you've slept with are talking about you behind your back.

LOL!

Betheny
07-22-2003, 12:28 AM
Mmm. Maturity. I smell it. It's not in this thread.

Riicko
07-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Hey, Dustyn, I do not think that has any bearing on what kind of a person Maimara's character is. Nor is it any of your business.. actually. Perhaps your mad because she chose your friend over you? I dunno, this is just a shot in the dark, by the way. Anyways, good for these people talking behind her back, I'm almost sure she cares... wait.. no, I do not think she does. Hm, well, it was not my intention to comment here, since I do just read these things and laugh, but this thread has gotten beyond tolerable. Grow up.

Captain Amby
07-22-2003, 12:41 AM
ehh.. yer calling Maimara a whore, Loralai when you stole my ex boyfriend what.. the day or two after we had an arguement? I think I know who's the whore.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 12:43 AM
The difference is, he's calling me a whore IRL.

Excuse me, while I put on my pleather and fishnets and go hang out on the corner.

Riicko
07-22-2003, 12:44 AM
I think you would look silly in such an outfit. Your much more suited for sweaters too large for you. Mwaha. That or regular everyday wear. Like jeans and shirts.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 12:45 AM
Dude, don't ruin my whore image. Someone's overblown self-important ego might get hurt.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Dude, don't ruin my whore image. Someone's overblown self-important ego might get hurt.

Please, if it weren't for someone diverting my attention, I wouldn't have thought about you other than in passing jokes.

Seriously, I don't care what you do or did. It's your thing. I call em as I see em, simple as that.

Feel free to respond with some "I know you are but what am I" response, k. It doesn't prove anything. You're still you. You still did what you did. Period. End of it.

Besides, you still play Gemstone.

How's the husband, btw?

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 12:50 AM
Please kill yourself.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 12:51 AM
Why wouldn't I play Gemstone, I enjoy it.

If you want to bring all of my past failures to light, please, feel free, although I am 90% sure than no one on these boards GIVE A SHIT.

Take the cock out your mouth and say what you mean.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 12:51 AM
LMAO.

Snapp
07-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Maimara, you crack me up, lol

Riicko
07-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Well now, I can see you are a smart little one, are you not? Once again, you say you do not care, and yet you bring these matters that have no bearing on "Maimara" into this. Instead you attack the player. Last I checked... this was an unnofical Gemstone message board under the thread of "Gemstone Complaints, Who's the biggest idiot in Elanthia?" Not some childish ub3r flame board of "Who can we pick at the most for mistakes made?" Again, grow up and leave the past where it is. In the past. It has no bearing on the right now, nor will it. What matters is what will be now, and in the future.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Seriously, do any of you give a shit who I did or didn't sleep with, and who does or doesn't like me because of it?

Anyone care if I'm married or divorced?

Hellooooooooooooo. Feel the apathy FLOW! Isn't it SHINY AND HAPPY AND BEAUTIFUL?

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Why wouldn't I play Gemstone, I enjoy it.

If you want to bring all of my past failures to light, please, feel free, although I am 90% sure than no one on these boards GIVE A SHIT.

Take the cock out your mouth and say what you mean.

I'll take the cock out of my mouth when you stop opening your legs to guys from Gemstone while you're on your period.

I'm sure people on these boards give as big of a shit about the cock in my mouth as they do about your disgusting behavior.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 12:55 AM
<<Seriously, do any of you give a shit who I did or didn't sleep with, and who does or doesn't like me because of it?>>

I do. But only if it concerns you sleeping with me.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 12:56 AM
<<I'm sure people on these boards give as big of a shit about the cock in my mouth as they do about your disgusting behavior.>>

Wrong. I prefer the cock in your mouth.

Riicko
07-22-2003, 12:57 AM
Well, Bob, she is not. So.. heh, it obviously doe not concern you. But your point is a good one, since she is not sleeping with Dustyn, either. So it should be none of his concern. But, it seems that he likes to place his business where it does not belong. Which is common, I suppose, for some people.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Riicko
Well now, I can see you are a smart little one, are you not? Once again, you say you do not care, and yet you bring these matters that have no bearing on "Maimara" into this. Instead you attack the player. Last I checked... this was an unnofical Gemstone message board under the thread of "Gemstone Complaints, Who's the biggest idiot in Elanthia?" Not some childish ub3r flame board of "Who can we pick at the most for mistakes made?" Again, grow up and leave the past where it is. In the past. It has no bearing on the right now, nor will it. What matters is what will be now, and in the future.

Keep in mind that I said Maiwhora as in the character Maimara in my first post.

Beth must've thought that I was referring to her IRL slutty behavior as opposed to her GS slutty behavior.

She opened the can of worms. :spin:

Betheny
07-22-2003, 12:58 AM
And my disgusting behavior somehow becomes your business, why?

I forgot, little boys with little toys are supposed to turn into gossipy little bitches when they come to the realization that life sucks but they're too pussy to slit their wrists.

Sorry, I just call it like I see it.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 12:59 AM
<<I'm sure people on these boards give as big of a shit about the cock in my mouth as they do about your disgusting behavior.>>

Wrong. I prefer the cock in your mouth.

Stop flirting with me.

I don't sleep with Gemstone guys. That's Beth.

Riicko
Yes, but you decided to plunge deep into your sack of "flaming insults" and open the can all the way. Last I checked, Maimara's player was not, in fact, practicing in any "slut-like" behaviors. I do not know where you get your information from, but if it is from an ex-fling, I would discount them, if you were a smart person. You hear their half of the story, which is always modified to make them look like they were in the right.

Bobmuhthol
<<She opened the can of worms.>>

I'm about to open a can of whoop ass and/or a can of Raspberry Arizona Iced Tea.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 01:00 AM
What's that saying, a whore sleeps with everyone, a slut sleeps with everyone but you?

Pardon me, I have to go bask in my sluttiness for a moment, and revel in the fact that I care.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:01 AM
<<She opened the can of worms.>>

I'm about to open a can of whoop ass and/or a can of Raspberry Arizona Iced Tea.

That tea is amazingly good.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 01:01 AM
No dude he's totally right, I slipped him some roofies and took advantage of him while he was passed out.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:02 AM
What's that saying, a whore sleeps with everyone, a slut sleeps with everyone but you?

Pardon me, I have to go bask in my sluttiness for a moment, and revel in the fact that I care.

I'm sorry, what?

Last time I checked, you didn't have a cock to insert into my mouth. Is there even more to the Maiwhora story than I knew?

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:04 AM
Yes, but you decided to plunge deep into your sack of "flaming insults" and open the can all the way. Last I checked, Maimara's player was not, in fact, practicing in any "slut-like" behaviors. I do not know where you get your information from, but if it is from an ex-fling, I would discount them, if you were a smart person. You hear their half of the story, which is always modified to make them look like they were in the right.

Listen, 90% of the shit I've said so far was in a teasing manner. As I said before, I don't give a fuck if Beth opens her legs to people when she's on her period and drunk. That's her own business. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna poke fun at it.

Especially when I was talking about Maimara in the beginning and she brought up the fact that the two of us had an encounter in a chatroom.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 01:04 AM
I totally have a cock.

It's totally bigger than yours.

[Edited on 7-22-2003 by Maimara]

Snapp
07-22-2003, 01:05 AM
omg, me too!

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 01:05 AM
I'm beginning to think this thread is now called, "Who Has The Biggest Dick On The Players' Corner?"

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:06 AM
I totally have a cock.

It's totally bigger than yours.

[Edited on 7-22-2003 by Maimara]

1. You're lying.

2. You're now arousing me.

Riicko
I am sorry, but even the things you have brought up have no bearing in a "Gemstone" related message board. Honestly, this thread should die, and quickly.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
I am sorry, but even the things you have brought up have no bearing in a "Gemstone" related message board. Honestly, this thread should die, and quickly.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 01:07 AM
Who is the biggest cock on the Player's Corner?

I give up - Dustyn totally wins.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:07 AM
Who is the biggest cock on the Player's Corner?

I give up - Dustyn totally wins.

Don't you know my real name yet?

Riicko
07-22-2003, 01:08 AM
Well, if my comments fall on deaf ears, whatever. I do not care, really. I am just stating facts. The response you have given shows me more about you than you could ever think. So does your mood. You should drink more. Reality is a horrible place to live.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 01:08 AM
I'm a hairy, tattooed male truck driver. My cock is very large. Would you like some? This can be arranged.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:09 AM
I'm a hairy, tattooed male truck driver. My cock is very large. Would you like some? This can be arranged.

TTM.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 01:09 AM
They're not being ignored, I just think people aren't taking you seriously because you don't have anything overtly sexual and disgusting to say.

Show us how it's done, dustyn!

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:10 AM
Well, if my comments fall on deaf ears, whatever. I do not care, really. I am just stating facts. The response you have given shows me more about you than you could ever think. So does your mood. You should drink more. Reality is a horrible place to live.

You have no comprehension of that which is not serious, do you?

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:10 AM
They're not being ignored, I just think people aren't taking you seriously because you don't have anything overtly sexual and disgusting to say.

Show us how it's done, dustyn!

Stop trying to subversively get me to cyber you.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 01:12 AM

Riicko
07-22-2003, 01:12 AM
I have comprehension of it, I just do not take humor in it like some people. My humor is much more of a "dry" sort.

Betheny
07-22-2003, 01:13 AM
Seriously though. The situation is over, and it has been for months. Do you really have to bring it up? If you have a problem, simondsb4@play.net.

For the record, what I've been saying in my defense isn't true, I just want the monkey off my back.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 01:16 AM
Stop all the bullshit referring to sexual content. I want none of it, and I'm going to let a picture express this for me.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:21 AM
Seriously though. The situation is over, and it has been for months. Do you really have to bring it up? If you have a problem, simondsb4@play.net.

For the record, what I've been saying in my defense isn't true, I just want the monkey off my back.

You're right, the situation is over. But we were discussing idiotic GS characters. I happen to think Maimara is one of them. From the time when she was sanct-happy in the Park to when she was with Sodrotordos. Loralai didn't mesh well with her, Dustyn didn't, and neither did Christophur. That is what I am basing my Maiwhora comment on.

I know you wanna come across as innocent and that's fine. Whatever. Fact is, you brought up the chatroom incident which had nothing to do with anything I said.

Anyway...

Betheny
07-22-2003, 01:22 AM
... That is so not fair.

Thanks for defending me, Riicko.

I'm going to go pet my cat now and hope God doesn't kill him because of stupid masturbating bastards.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:25 AM
... That is so not fair.

Thanks for defending me, Riicko.

I'm going to go pet my cat now and hope God doesn't kill him because of stupid masturbating bastards.

I'm gonna jerk off right now. You better pray God can't see through your arms, lest your cat says its prayers.

Riicko
07-22-2003, 01:26 AM
See, that was humorous.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 01:28 AM
Your name keeps reminding me of the crazy Strong Bad e-mail. "LEEKO! LEEKO! I'm a squeeky guy! I got squeeky pants!"

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:29 AM
See, that was humorous.

:thumbsup:

Betheny
07-22-2003, 01:29 AM
You killed my cat, you BASTARD.

It's alright, it wasn't my cat. I'll just replace him; and no one will know the difference...

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 01:31 AM
I can't tell you how many countless sitcom episodes are based off that idea. And that's only the ones I saw..

I HATE THAT STUPID CONCEPT.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:31 AM
You killed my cat, you BASTARD.

It's alright, it wasn't my cat. I'll just replace him; and no one will know the difference...

Little do you know, I can jerk off more times than you can find cats to pass off as the real-deal.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:32 AM
I can't tell you how many countless sitcom episodes are based off that idea. And that's only the ones I saw..

I HATE THAT STUPID CONCEPT.

Meet The Parents?

Betheny
I'm going to go pet my brother. Do you think God will notice he isn't a cat?

Bobmuhthol
The cat never died. And it wasn't a sitcom.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:34 AM
I'm going to go pet my brother. Do you think God will notice he isn't a cat?

Shouldn't I be the one petting your brother?

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:35 AM
The cat never died. And it wasn't a sitcom.

It was a comedy, though.

And I don't remember what happened to the cat.

And how far is Pepperell from Merrimack?

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 01:42 AM
You act like I know where Merrimack is. Pepperell is on the southern border of New Hampshire. Borders Townsend, MA and Hollis, NH.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 01:43 AM
You act like I know where Merrimack is. Pepperell is on the southern border of New Hampshire. Borders Townsend, MA and Hollis, NH.

Boston, you fool. BOSTON. YOU FOOL.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 01:52 AM
Oh. Right. Boston. I knew that.

It's about 45-50 miles.

Edaarin
07-22-2003, 02:00 AM
Someone put this thread out of it's misery.

Bobmuhthol
07-22-2003, 02:01 AM
Sure thing, Edaarin.

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 02:23 AM
prep 308

cast thread

wait 15

prep 312

cast thread

The Dustyn Ate Your Baby
07-22-2003, 02:29 AM
Word.

[Edited on 7-22-2003 by The Dustyn Ate Your Baby]

Scott
07-22-2003, 02:41 AM
What the hell happened to this thread.....

GS4Gurl
07-22-2003, 09:28 PM
This is what I saw in Sol Haven this evening

(Mystianna stands on hooftip trying to see whats going on)

You see Mystianna Dolphania the Nurse.
She appears to be a Half-Elf.
She appears to be youthful and short. She has silver-flecked crystal green eyes and deeply-freckled tanned skin. She has waist length, glossy copper red hair swept back from the temples. She has a plump face, a button nose and rosy cheeks.
She has an ornery orange pixie tattoo on her thigh, a delicate wild rose tattoo on her thigh, a fluffy rolton tattoo on her leg, a small rosebud tattoo on her waist, a single white feather tattoo on her ankle, a curly red ponytail, a small black skull tattoo on her forearm, and a sovyn clove tattoo on her ear.
She has old battle scars on her left hand, an old battle scar across her abdominal area, developed slurred speech, and a scar across her face.
She is wearing a pair of soft rolton ears, a crystal amulet, a shiny nine pointed iron medal, a puffy white rolton tail, some wooly rolton hooves that have been carefully trimmed and polished, a delicate pewter bracelet, an antique silver armband inset with a vaalorn star, an elegant black silk gem pouch, and a fitted black satin gown.

Im guessing she wants to be a rolton or shes just acting silly?

CrystalTears
07-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Nope, she's one that thinks she's a rolton too. My rogue is friends with Mystianna and I really like her, but when she starts discussing how she's a rolton, I tend to tune her out and just pat her on the head like she's a cute fruitcake. :D

[Edited on 7/23/2003 by CrystalTears]

Betheny
07-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Roltons wear jewlery, gowns, and have tattoos?

Bobmuhthol
07-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Don't forget ponytails.

CrystalTears
07-23-2003, 08:16 AM
At least Amby's kobold character is a halfling, which is the race that resembles the furry creatures the most. She's half-elf so I really don't get it. I wish I remembered her story of why she says she is. It's a shame too.. she's really a good roleplayer when that aspect is not the main focus.

godShell
07-23-2003, 08:43 AM
So someone has fun by pretending to be an animal and people call them the biggest idiot in elanthia. Typical. The funny thing about stone-throwers is the irony.

Dighn Darkbeam
07-23-2003, 11:10 AM
I would best describe the latter portion of this thread as light reading. It has stolen 15 minutes of my life, though I cursed it long ago, so you dropped it and I picked it back up.

Miamara was in RR for a day or so. I dont remember anyone bragging about getting any so it shall hence forth stand that...wait what?

CrystalTears
07-23-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by godShell
So someone has fun by pretending to be an animal and people call them the biggest idiot in elanthia. Typical. The funny thing about stone-throwers is the irony.

First of all, if you want to pretend you're an animal, go right ahead. Most people have a problem with players who say their characters are something other than what their race is, and that's what is wrong.

I'm not calling anyone an idiot for playing that way, perhaps a bit stubborn for not accepting the rules of the game. I'm just stating that people will call those characters crazy for thinking they are something they are not.

Secondly I'm not throwing any stones because I don't play an animal. Gemstone allows you to play a giantman, a human, elves, half-elves, a dwarf or a halfling. There are no other races and you can't make them up. If you want to play anything else, I advise you to play one of the other furry MUCKs.

[Edited on 7/23/2003 by CrystalTears]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-23-2003, 05:05 PM
You hear the faint thoughts of Anticor echo in your mind:
"Someone diedm in spritesm, not saying who but I'm not gonna fetchm."

Wethalhalas
07-24-2003, 02:33 AM
Seriously, do any of you give a shit who I did or didn't sleep with, and who does or doesn't like me because of it?

Anyone care if I'm married or divorced?

Hellooooooooooooo. Feel the apathy FLOW! Isn't it SHINY AND HAPPY AND BEAUTIFUL?

That all depends on how hot you are, how close you live to me, and how long it's been since I got some. If there answers to those three questions are "very, very, and very" then I couldn't care less, come on over.

Betheny
07-24-2003, 03:24 AM

Captain Amby
07-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Heh.. I feel like I have to show you my kobold now! Wee!

You see Pattie Little'Feet the Missionary.
She appears to be a Halfling.
She appears to be in the prime of life and tiny. She has beady black eyes and nut brown skin. She has raggedly cut, tangled chestnut hair. She has a pock-marked face, a wart-tipped nose and a missing tooth.
She has a primitive spiral tattoo on her arm, and a grinning kobold tattoo on her neck.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a dirt stained torn linen knapsack, a garlic and toadstool amulet, an unravelling twine and gut sheath, some mismatched leather armor, a pair of tiny kobold's hands, a twisted steel wire kobold pin, a kobold fang necklace, a dirt-covered metal flask, a set of fishbone earrings, a tiny kobold's head, a pair of flea-infested boots, a coarse burlap food satchel, and a dirty and bedraggled silk cloak.

My favorite item of all time:
>look at my armor
This suit of armor is composed of bits and pieces of leather of all shapes, sizes, and colors, stitched together haphazardly with fishgut. Despite its unusual craftmanship, the armor has a unique style. A badge bearing the words "Official Kobold Archmage's Cleric" is sewn to the breastpiece. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

I've had a lot of fun with my kobold, regardless of what anyone has said :P

07-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Your kobold? Here I thought I say Halfling as your race.

- Arkans

07-25-2003, 12:49 AM
That's right, there is a typo in my post.

- Arkans

Scott
07-25-2003, 01:06 AM
You see Pattie Little'Feet the Missionary.
She appears to be a Halfling.

I didn't know halflings looked remotely like kobolds.

Kurili
07-25-2003, 01:14 AM
I'll make it three for Halfling.

Zentoph
07-25-2003, 01:33 AM
Just because it 'says' halfling, doesn't mean it has to be a halfling. All you see is something that resembles a kobold that you used to hunt, although a bit more intelligent and with more equipment.

CrystalTears
07-25-2003, 02:29 AM
Not this again. :rolleyes: She's a halfling. If she says she's anything else she's a nutcase. If she doesn't want to accept that she's breaking rules to satisfy her own roleplaying then the player is a nutcase too.

Scott
07-25-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Zentoph
Just because it 'says' halfling, doesn't mean it has to be a halfling. All you see is something that resembles a kobold that you used to hunt, although a bit more intelligent and with more equipment.

Right, just because it says halfling, doesn't mean it has to be a halfling. However, it says she APPEARS to be a halfling, which means she has to look remotely like a halfling for her to appear the way. Well, what kind of halfling looks like a kobold. You can appear to be a halfling a be a kobold. They aren't REMOTELY the same.....

CrystalTears
07-25-2003, 03:57 AM
YOU CAN'T PLAY A KOBOLD! Why is this concept so hard for people to figure out?! Halflings don't even look like kobolds so what's this "appears" crap? C'mon people.

[Edited on 7/25/2003 by CrystalTears]

Bobmuhthol
07-25-2003, 03:59 AM
I roleplay a Krolvin that was turned into a Giant by a sorcerer that cursed me. I can do it because I have a story behind it. Heh.

CrystalTears
07-25-2003, 04:00 AM
I roleplay a Krolvin that was turned into a Giant by a sorcerer that cursed me. I can do it because I have a story behind it. Heh.

:lol: :lol:

However, even YOU are admitting that you're a giant. She won't even do that.

[Edited on 7/25/2003 by CrystalTears]

Dighn Darkbeam
07-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Everything I kill only appears to be dead. Tell you what, in gemstone everything is actually what it appears to be. Once I see a creature that gens appearing to be dead when LOOKED at, il change my mind. (UNDEAD DONT COUNT)

Parkbandit
07-25-2003, 08:39 AM
My dwarf is actually a small giant. :P

You can currently roleplay a giant, dwarf, halfling, elf, half-elf, dark elf, sylvan or human.

I've never interacted with Pattie... and she could be the most fun to be around.... but the PLAYER needs to realize that Pattie is a halfling that has some identity issues and that Pattie is not actually a kobold. Nothing has to change in the way Pattie is roleplayed.. but my god, the player of Pattie needs to buy a clue.

godShell
07-25-2003, 09:22 AM
That's the neat thing about roleplaying. You can create an elaborate fantasy and if it conflicts with a fantasy character's reality it creates a deeper depth to the fantasy world. If a person uses a little effort and an open mind, enjoyment can be found in almost anything they do.

CrystalTears
07-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
I've never interacted with Pattie... and she could be the most fun to be around.... but the PLAYER needs to realize that Pattie is a halfling that has some identity issues and that Pattie is not actually a kobold. Nothing has to change in the way Pattie is roleplayed.. but my god, the player of Pattie needs to buy a clue.

And that's basically all I'm saying. Roleplay your character any way you want, but at least acknowledge that you can't play any other race other than the ones offered, and when people call you on it to at least accept your defeat gracefully and not call them closeminded, unimaginative idiots. The one not understanding the rules here is the one trying to break them, and stating that your have a character history to back it up is just as wrong.

Trinitis
07-25-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
Everything I kill only appears to be dead. Tell you what, in gemstone everything is actually what it appears to be. Once I see a creature that gens appearing to be dead when LOOKED at, il change my mind. (UNDEAD DONT COUNT)

If I remember right, lesser orcs do this..though it could be some other creature. They lie down and pretend to be dead, and when you enter the room, you "also see the body of an lesser orc who appears to be dead." I tried to search it 3 or 4 times then started to bug it when it jumped up and tried to attack me. It was funny as hell. :roll:

-Adredrin

HaXt
07-25-2003, 03:46 PM
Maybe if you had a retarded mongoloid halfling it could be confused with a kobold..

[Edited on 7-25-2003 by HaXt]

Dighn Darkbeam
07-25-2003, 06:14 PM
If I remember right, lesser orcs do this..though it could be some other creature. They lie down and pretend to be dead, and when you enter the room, you "also see the body of an lesser orc who appears to be dead." I tried to search it 3 or 4 times then started to bug it when it jumped up and tried to attack me. It was funny as hell. >>

I have never seen this, though I dont doubt it. It could of been a bug. I once skinned a brown bear like 8 times because it kept regenning. Perhaps the creature was a bug and a GM just jumped in it while fixing it to mess with your head.

Captain Amby
07-25-2003, 06:26 PM
EHH how hard is it to READ what's written?
It APPEARS to be a halfling. APPEARS is not the same wording as "IT IS A HALFLING".
And yes, I do believe a lot of you are close-minded. This is a role playing game, and last I heard, I could roleplay whatever the fuck I want.

Bobmuhthol
07-25-2003, 06:29 PM
You're an idiot, and can't roleplay what you want. That is why we don't make up our own races. You can be a Halfling, or you can not play at all. You can roleplay a halfling if you want to. You can't, however, roleplay a kobold because a kobold isn't allowed in town, is too stupid to make any business deal, wouldn't be able to interact with people except killing them. It's not our fault you suck at life.

Crazed Sylvan
07-25-2003, 07:11 PM
If you appear to be a halfling, then you certainly don't appear to be a kobold.

Scott
07-25-2003, 08:02 PM
It APPEARS to be a halfling. APPEARS is not the same wording as "IT IS A HALFLING".
And yes, I do believe a lot of you are close-minded. This is a role playing game, and last I heard, I could roleplay whatever the fuck I want.

If it appers to be a halfling, it looks somewhat like a halfling. What kind of halflings looks like a kobold? It's not that we are close-minded, it's that you are a nut. Study up on what a kobold looks like since you are such a Roleplaying god, and tell me if you HALFLING looks like a kobold.

[Edited on 7-26-2003 by Gemstone101]

Chyrain
07-25-2003, 08:09 PM
Kobold:

http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~ron/adnd/bestiary/k/k4pic.html

Halfling:

http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~ron/adnd/bestiary/h/h2pic.html

Bobmuhthol
07-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Those pictures are terrible.

Kobold:
http://www.play.net/gs3/info/bestiary/creature.asp?creature=8

Halfling:
http://www.play.net/gs3/info/races/halfling.asp

Bobmuhthol
07-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Any Halfling who wants to be a Kobold has to be taller than average or above, bald, have horns (impossible), must have a high strength stat, low agility stat, and beady black eyes. They also have to brawl and use a small blade. They must have ragged clothes.

In conclusion, Amby is stupid.

--You also can't go into town if you're a "kobold". Can't have/use a crystal amulet. Can't socialize.

[Edited on 7-26-2003 by Bobmuhthol]

GS4Gurl
07-25-2003, 08:52 PM
And also kobolds cannot use the bank or hunt or train up in levels. They cannot use the pawnshop or do anything in town.... because its a wild beast.... a commonly hunted wild beast and has no place in town.

Warriorbird
07-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Yet they wander in. And there's a tribe of them that live under the boulder.

;)

CrystalTears
07-26-2003, 09:40 AM

Well if you're so clever and you know the rules of this game, and are a far better roleplayer than the rest of us, then have your race appear to be a kobold by a GM and insist that kobolds not try to harm your character when they are around her and end this misery already. So close you are that they still try to swat at you? You can't make your story believable if even your "kin" don't accept you.

Until then, suck it up that you are a halfling with kobold issues. Why can't YOU understand this concept? And NO you cannot play whatever you want because this is not a freeform game. It's rather liberal in what you can do and you won't get punished for doing anything that's off the wall, but at least realize that it's wrong and you're bordering on OOC things. Pretending to fly with bought wings, swatting and wiggling a bought tail, and trying to force people to believe that you are a race other than the one you chose is all OOC.

If you want to play a stupid kobold, then go play something else if you can't decipher what's acceptable and what is not. Play a crazy lunatic of a halfling for all I care, at least acknowledge as a player that your character is in fact a halfling and will have to come to terms with that one day.

Captain Amby
07-26-2003, 02:34 PM
If the gods had any problems with my kobold, they would have told me. They havent. and I've gotten tons of RP awards on her. So what does that tell me? They like my kobold. Oh.. And I'd retire her before I ever considered her a halfling. She's a kobold. Always will be. And I dont give a shit if you think I'm nuts. It's a roleplaying game and I'll roleplay however the fuck I want. Thanks :D

07-26-2003, 02:43 PM
The GMs (GMs arn't gods. They are very OOC, in fact there are no gods in GS3) gave you an RP award because they think you are a mentally disturbed Halfling. Not a kobold. Also, kobolds are not protected by the law. If I kill you, I will get arrested.

By the way, your "kobold" must really be a sick twisted bastard, because no kobold wears kobold hands. Freak.

- Arkans

07-26-2003, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah, since I lack the ability to post all my thoughts in one post.. You can RP the way you want, but we can RP that your Halfling is complete idiot for wanting to be a kobold.

- Arkans

Scott
07-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Heh, Arkans, there is an edit button so you can go back and add/fix things.

Kurili
07-26-2003, 03:07 PM
I wonder...if she was killed by another characther, wouldnt that be a reason to appeal to the GM's about any fine? Since she is NOT a confused Halfling, but a Kobold...and ready to do battle for her Koboldness...I'd think she should be killable

Kurili
07-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Nevermind. I'm sure the GM's would expect the OTHER player to have some common sense, and to stay within the rules...and not kill HALFLINGS, confused or otherwise

CrystalTears
07-26-2003, 05:24 PM
I'm done with this topic. She's a stubborn person and I can't discuss things with people who'd rather be insulting, who doesn't have reason, who dishes out but can't take it, and then quits. Good luck with everything. You'll need it. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 7/26/2003 by CrystalTears]

CrystalTears
07-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Probably. She said somewhere here it was because of what people say about her and her roleplaying. <shrugs>

[Edited on 7/26/2003 by CrystalTears]

GS4Gurl
07-26-2003, 06:31 PM
But what she's doing is NOT roleplaying, in the first damn place! lol. Even if she came to her senses now and thought about it for a moment she wouldn't admit it anyway. She's one of those people you prove to be wrong who will insist that they are right at all costs. It's very immature. If she really wanted to RP she can continue to act like a kobold, BUT only a insane halfling who THINKs she's a kobold. And Arkans made a point which she probably wont get through her head... Why would a kobold WEAR kobold feet and hands? How did "Pattie" learn to speak common? Furthermore who named her Patte?? Kobolds dont name each other. Oh and the only reason the GM's haven't said anything is because they also think shes just trying to RP a halfling who is nuts. How do they know shes trying to BE an actual kobold? They dont unless they actually sat down with her and asked her exactly what's she's doing. And I find that highly doubtful they did.

Which reminds me of this girl in the game. She was RPing herself to be a witch. She had a broomstick and would "fly" around with it. People got annoyed with her and reported. A GM pulled her up and told her she cannot do that because the broom cannot actually fly.

Sooo if a GM KNEW she was saying that she IS a kobold. I am sure the GM's would tell her no you cant BE a kobold but you may be a halfling who THINKS they are.

Scott
07-26-2003, 06:42 PM
She claims to be leaving...

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=508&page=3

Bobmuhthol
07-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Saying she's a halfling that thinks she's a kobold makes me cringe. The first thing I thought of was a little girl bouncing all over the place yelling, "I'm a kobold! I'm a kobold!!!" :( :( :(

Ilvane
07-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Why it bothers you so much what someone else does in the game is beyond me. Just let her do her thing. If you don't like what she is doing, it's as simple as ignoring her.

There is no need to go on endlessly on how someone is an idiot, doesn't play by the rules..etc etc. It's gets old, and it's not very nice to the person it's aimed at.

Besides, we're in a roleplaying game. You can pretend to be whatever you want. As someone said up earlier in the thread--it doesn't mean you have to believe it. If Pattie comes up and says she's a kobold, sure I'm going to think she's nuts. It doesn't mean I'm going to walk around harassing her or anything. If you don't like it, ignore it. How hard is that?

-A

GS4Gurl
07-26-2003, 07:03 PM
If she is so RIGHT, then why would she leave? If so many people like what's she's doing then why not ignore the few who don't?

Better yet, Amby, edo this experiment. Actually, I challenge you to. Get on as Pattie. Do an assist and insist on speaking to a GM. ASK the GM if you can BE a kobold. Will the GM look at you and say... but you are a halfling. Continue to go on and say NO I AM a kobold. Will the GM say,"No, Im sorry but that species selection is not available at this time. However you may be a halfling who is missing a few marbles."

I dare you to speak to a GM about it and post the log here on this thread. You won't do it though because you know what the GM will say, and so do the rest of us.

So I dare ya. Prove us wrong. :):!:

[Edited on 7-26-2003 by GS4Gurl]

GS4Gurl
07-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane
Blah, blah, blabbity, blah, blah......

Besides, we're in a roleplaying game. You can pretend to be whatever you want. Blah, blah, blooblyblah, blah, bla....

-A

As I proved at the end of page 8 you cannot RP whatever you want. Everything has its limits. And people yeah should ignore her but its kind of hard when she is so insulting and pig headed about it. Besides her breaking the rules and going ooc is actually disruptive to other peoples rp. Because theyre like well there's a "kobold" Its within my RP and character abilities to KILL kobolds especially if it enters town. Now, but they cant because its a freakin halfling and you'd go to jail, which is the point! Hello?

CrystalTears
07-26-2003, 07:34 PM
You can't pretend to be any race. Sorry, it's not allowed or part of the game. No I won't tell anyone IN the game this, but as long as we're on a message boards and discussing it, I stand firm by my posts that playing a character that insists that it's something is not is against the rules. No one has said to not play that the character thinks she is a kobold. We are saying to admit that she really isn't. That's not what Amby is doing. And yes it interferes with other people roleplaying when she is forcing them to believe something that they can't because it's against the rules.

As long as people fly on brooms, fly with wings, wag their tails and be another race, I'll complain about their roleplaying decision here. :P

Meos
07-26-2003, 07:49 PM
good lord in heaven this pointless bickering is driving me insane! let the girl play whatever she wants to play, who knows what happend she fell on her head, first thing she saw was a kobold... mommy?... I let arnold make my points....

[Edited on 7-26-2003 by Meos]

[Edited on 7-26-2003 by Meos]

Ilvane
07-26-2003, 07:58 PM
hehe, too funny.

I don't really care to bicker either, since it's not really my style.:)

You can have your opinion, which is wonderful. And I can have mine too.

:) She is leaving the game now too, so you won't have to see it!

-A

Bleh can't type for beans tonight..grr.

[Edited on 7-26-2003 by Ilvane]

GS4Gurl
07-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Meos, quite simply don't read this thread. We aren't bickering but rather having a very valid debate. Cant stand the heat stay outta de kitchen.

Meos
07-26-2003, 08:09 PM
Yes m'am as you wish

[I didn't see the point of the picture, nor did I care for it so it was removed.]

[Edited on 7/27/2003 by CrystalTears]

random pic

[Edited on 7-27-2003 by Meos]

GS4Gurl
07-27-2003, 01:14 AM
it still there :)

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 02:57 AM
<< I let arnold make my points.... >>

Arnold for governor!

Drew2
07-27-2003, 06:50 AM
If Amby is so wrong, perhaps she should give back all the RPAs (Yes, the ones that the people who run the game give out) back. And I guess the GH or whatever that altered her armor to say "Offical Archmage Kobold" or whatever had a problem with her RP choice too.

I don't know. Perhaps you should run the game instead.

And I don't see what the Nazi-RPers are trying to do here anyways. Change her? (She's leaving.) Vent? (Go exercise). There is not only one way to everything... and if you're going to get mad about something that's not going your way everytime it happens... maturity is awaiting you.

-Tayre

[Edited on 7-27-2003 by Tayre]

longshot
07-27-2003, 07:20 AM
I never knew her in-game. I just hated that she stayed in character on these boards with that crap pirate talk...

There are no RPA's on these boards. If there was, fishsticks would clean up for fucking idoit. That guy has got it down pat!

CrystalTears
07-27-2003, 11:22 AM
I'm no hardcore/elitist roleplayer. I just happen to know the rules of the races and know when someone is breaking them to satisfy their own roleplaying and not conforming to what's acceptable.

Let me emphasize that no one has told her that she can't play a character that believes she is a kobold, and that's more than likely what got her her roleplaying awards. People in the game play that they think they are other things all the time, but the PLAYER.. the PLAYER.. the goddamn PLAYER.. understands that their character is not whatever they're saying they are and is just a confused person and that's fine and acceptable. The GMs thought, hey look, the halfling is doing a really good job of convincing people that she's a kobold even though she's not, good job. They don't see the part of her telling people that she's not a halfling and never will be, and I'm sure they would tell her so.

Ilvane
07-27-2003, 11:56 AM
I think what is sad is that the harassment of the player and the character got so bad that she felt she had to leave the game.

I understand she's stubborn with saying she can play a kobold, but really, that's her place to do it. She isn't ruining anyones enjoyment in the game by doing that. If she is bothering someone really bad in the game by playing the way she does, then ignore/squelch her..:shrug:

Hey Crystal how very odd that we don't agree, since we almost always do..;) hehe

-A

Trinitis
07-27-2003, 01:57 PM
actually, being a fairly good friend of Amby's, I can explain her leaving. She told me a few days back that she is leaving the game, not because of these boards, or her RP's, or anything of the like. She is simply leaving because GS4 is removing a large aspect of who Amby is, A "Warpath". She feels the push to pure spell hunter is going to ruin her hunting/swinging warpathic pirate ways. ::shrug:: nothing more or less. :)

-Adredrin

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 02:06 PM
<< She is simply leaving because GS4 is removing a large aspect of who Amby is, A "Warpath". >>

She told us that she's leaving because of us. I suppose that was just a plea for sympathy then.

Thanks for clarifying.

Soulpieced
07-27-2003, 02:17 PM
She is simply leaving because GS4 is removing a large aspect of who Amby is, A "Warpath".

I still don't understand why people threaten and leave before things are even implemented or tested. Look at all the idiots who left during GP2 because they thought sorcerers were ruined. Guess they never knew focused implosion. I'd sure feel stupid.

CrystalTears
07-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Well I'll never get why people need to make a big production about leaving the game anyway. Speak to your friends to let them know you won't be playing anymore, and then.. just.. go.

Scott
07-27-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Well I'll never get why people need to make a big production about leaving the game anyway. Speak to your friends to let them know you won't be playing anymore, and then.. just.. go.

The people who make the "I'm leaving, everyone miss me" crap and announce it, are the ones that don't leave. They always come back. The ones that leave and stay gone are the ones that tell their friends and then leave without making a big thing out of it.

Skirmisher
07-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
She is simply leaving because GS4 is removing a large aspect of who Amby is, A "Warpath".

I still don't understand why people threaten and leave before things are even implemented or tested. Look at all the idiots who left during GP2 because they thought sorcerers were ruined. Guess they never knew focused implosion. I'd sure feel stupid.

I don't know about that.

Sorcerers were far more impressive before to me. I play one and while I do not want to lose what power I do have with FI I would gladly give it up if we could switch back to how things were.

True, the prof was not neutered as the worry was, but for many, myself included, it is not what it was.

If someone finds things to be no longer entertaining than why mock them for leaving?

Scott
07-27-2003, 06:25 PM
We should switch back to the old DC, where sorcerer's could do take over 1000 HP in one cast........

Bobmuhthol
07-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Or just make it so you can do 235 HP in one cast. Overkill doesn't make it any better than a regular kill.

CrystalTears
07-27-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
And I guess the GH or whatever that altered her armor to say "Offical Archmage Kobold" or whatever had a problem with her RP choice too.

Heh, I don't think I need to remind our readers about an item, even an altered one, making a character or even "knighting" them to an official anything. <coughSeancoughspurscough>

Originally posted by Skirmisher
If someone finds things to be no longer entertaining than why mock them for leaving?

I don't think he's mocking people who have left. I think he's wondering why people would threaten and/or leave before a change is even made to see if it will be enjoyable or not. They're assuming they're not going to like something before it's even implemented. People don't accept change very well. :)

[Edited on 7/27/2003 by CrystalTears]

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 02:30 AM
I encountered her the other day. She's cute. And that makes me sick.

Warriorbird
07-28-2003, 02:37 AM
Right up there with the "wolf" in Plat. If you do something like that without being a pain? More power to you. If you're cliche? Why?

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 03:43 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, I thought she was funny. And hell, she tried. Most people don't. The whole "shes cute and makes me sick" thing came about with me actually sitting at my computer making that gooey-eyed face and grinning stupidly. "Awww" was spoken once or twice. Then realizing the wholey masculine individual I am I suddenly got very sick of my my actions and went to kill some Nazi's on my PS2. Anyway, all the power to her.

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 08:55 AM
If the gods had any problems with my kobold, they would have told me. They havent. and I've gotten tons of RP awards on her. So what does that tell me? They like my kobold. Oh.. And I'd retire her before I ever considered her a halfling. She's a kobold. Always will be. And I dont give a shit if you think I'm nuts. It's a roleplaying game and I'll roleplay however the fuck I want. Thanks :D

Sorry, I'm sure someone will have already pointed this out.. but I have to simply say:

Your ignorance is almost laughable.

What you are doing in game is absolutely fine.... I don't think anyone actually has a problem with you roleplaying your halfling as a kobold.

But YOU THE PLAYER need to realize you are roleplaying your HALFLING as a HALFLING THAT BELIEVES SHE IS A KOBOLD.

When you can go to the Character Manager and select KOBOLD.. then you will have a point to your continued ignorance. Until the GameMasters of this game allow us the players to roleplay critters.. you are roleplaying a halfling.

Period.

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 09:06 AM
I absolutely enjoy Barumples the character. He's a halfling that believes he is a rolton. I am sure I would have the same response to Amby's character (Amby?).

I've never had a problem with characters believing they are a critter of some sort if it's roleplayed correctly. My characters simply look at them as mentally challenged.

But the players behind them need to at least understand the rules of the game.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-28-2003, 09:37 AM
My character believes he is a squash.

Amby, I wouldn't let someone elses opinion drive you from the game. I say fuck em all. So long as you are having fun, who cares (and it doesn't impinge on others having fun).

CrystalTears
07-28-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
So long as you are having fun, who cares (and it doesn't impinge on others having fun).

Just out of curiosity, and I don't mean this towards anyone specifically, but when people say this, how do they know it isn't?

I believe that if someone is making a comment or complaint about something, it obviously IS interferring with their roleplay. How long does one have to ignore and/or put up with people's bad choices for roleplaying and names before they're allowed to let it bug them?

Really not a slam on anyone, but I hear this statement said so many times, and I just have to wonder, why one's roleplay is better than another one's just because they're having fun?

I know I know, let people do whatever they want. Granted, most of the time they do, as long as they don't put it in people's faces all the time, then I really don't care and I'm sure others don't either.

Drew2
07-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Define 'bad choices for roleplaying'.
Names, I understand.

Just because someone is doing something that doesn't mesh with your way of thinking, doesn't mean they're wrong. As long as they keep it within the boundries of the realm (I don't mean 'as long as they keep their race straight', i mean as long as they don't pull things OOG into the game), then you really should either a) ignore it if you don't like it or b) Play along with it, whether it be to consider them a moron, or midly amusing.

Don't be closed minded in a role-playing game. You'll get no where.

Chyrain
07-28-2003, 12:08 PM
Just out of curiosity, and I don't mean this towards anyone specifically, but when people say this, how do they know it isn't?

I believe that if someone is making a comment or complaint about something, it obviously IS interferring with their roleplay.

ehhh I bitch about shit I don't like all the time but 99% of it never effects me at all. Why? Because I'm a firm believer that most people in this world of the internet take solace in the fact that can say dirty rotten things and be saved by the grace of their monitors. Seriously, most of the stuff complained about on this board is from people who just think it’s funny and easy to pick on people or things with relative anonymity. Because regardless if you know who my character is, you don’t know who I am or where I live and yadda yadda yadda…

Hey I think it’s kinda funny to laugh and complain about a Halfling who thinks she’s a kobold. And maybe she tries to get people to believe she actually is a Kobold. And I *have* seen Pattie in action. But here’s the thing: If she was impeding on my role playing her a nutcase, I would walk away and not interact with her. That’s the thing about this game. No one forces anyone to interact with role players they don’t like. So if you choose to stick around and interact with the people you complain about, that’s not their fault...it’s yours.

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Define 'bad choices for roleplaying'.
Names, I understand.

Just because someone is doing something that doesn't mesh with your way of thinking, doesn't mean they're wrong. As long as they keep it within the boundries of the realm (I don't mean 'as long as they keep their race straight', i mean as long as they don't pull things OOG into the game), then you really should either a) ignore it if you don't like it or b) Play along with it, whether it be to consider them a moron, or midly amusing.

Don't be closed minded in a role-playing game. You'll get no where.

All games have rules. In Gemstone, you need to pick a profession and a race.

I have no issue with her in game as I have never interacted with her. I imagine if she has received quite a few RPAs that she is probably quite fun in game.

I do however have an issue with her player that maintains she can make up the rules as she sees fit. The player needs to realize that her character is actually a halfling. That doesn't have to change one thing on how the character acts in the game mind you... she should still roleplay as if she really does believe she is a kobold. But the player needs to understand the difference.

All games have rules.

CrystalTears
07-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks Parkbandit, that's what I'm referring to with bad roleplaying choices. Breaking the rules because the mechanics won't let them do what they want in order to roleplay.

I've mentioned the examples I'm referring to all the time: using act to wag a tail, fly on a broom, flap your wings, and saying and insisting that you're really another race that's not playable in the game.

Incidently, despite my rants on these boards, I don't say nor care what people do IN the game. I don't whisper to people, I don't correct spelling or grammar, I don't tell people what to do. I see something that I don't like and I roll my eyes, chuckle and move on. Nothing really impedes on my roleplaying because I know this is just a game.

However if I'm on a message board, I will bring up things that bug me in the game. Yes I walk away in the game and don't get into banters quite often over this type of stuff because I can't stand it but it has happened because they happen to be in the spot I'm in. Just saying that eventually, people in my situation would have gone postal by now (and they have) because they get tired of walking away and letting the OOC people do as they please because everyone's advice is to walk away and ignore.

My question was.. how long and how many times do you have to ignore and walk away before you deal with these types of problems in the game?

imported_Kranar
07-28-2003, 04:29 PM
If she is allowed to roleplay a kobold...

Can I roleplay a female war gryphon even if I selected to be a male human?

I just want to see how absurd someones roleplaying choice has to be before you guys come to understand that if you're a halfling, then you're a halfling.

[Edited on 7-28-2003 by Kranar]

Ilvane
07-28-2003, 05:28 PM
And what we are saying to you, Kranar and others..you can be a female griffin, if you really want to pretend that..doesn't mean we are going to believe you, or even pay attention to you being that, because we are going to think you are crazy.

Doesn't mean I'm going to harass you about it.

-A

imported_Kranar
07-28-2003, 05:37 PM
<< And what we are saying to you, Kranar and others..you can be a female griffin, if you really want to pretend that..doesn't mean we are going to believe you, or even pay attention to you being that, because we are going to think you are crazy. >>

Actually I was just asking a question... The question doesn't involve me pretending to be anything, it involves me actually being something.

Like I play a giantman wizard right now. Whether I pretend to be a giantman wizard or not, that's what I choose. When people interact with me, they don't EVER assume I'm pretending to be a male giantman, they KNOW I'm a male giantman.

So the question is thus... is it acceptable for me to make a new character, pick him to be a male giantman, and before he interacts with anyone or anything, start roleplaying an ACTUAL female wargryphon.

I don't want my character to pretend to be a female war gryphon, I'm asking if it's acceptable both logically, and for the sake of decency, to actually BE a female wargryphon.

In the SAME way that people accept me hands down as being a male giantman, with no assuming or no pretending involved, can I also expect people to accept me as being a female war gryphon?

If not... why? My being a female wargryphon doesn't violate any of the arguments presented in support of roleplaying a kobold. If, however, those of you still think it's acceptable and should be treated in the same manner as my playing a male giantman, then although I think it's incredibly absurd, I can give credit to those of you who support it for atleast being logically consistent.

[Edited on 7-28-2003 by Kranar]

ElvenRangeress
07-28-2003, 07:00 PM
i have a question ... why on earth would anyone leave gemstone because of a message board they just joined?

Parkbandit
07-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Last post on this subject for me.

I have no problem with the halfling roleplaying as a kobold. I've never interacted with her.. but if she is anything like Barumples is.. then I say bravo. Go for it.

My characters will all see this halfling as mentally confused... she believes she is a kobold. Well, all my character has to do is look at her and he knows she is a halfling. Hell, my thief might even have pity on her and not steal from her... who knows.

But the point that many are trying to make here is that it is NOT ok for the Player to believe she is playing anything other than a halfling that is pretending to be a kobold. As with all games, this one comes with some basic rules. Rule number one.. pick a race. Kobold is not on that list.

CrystalTears
07-29-2003, 11:06 AM
I've given up on this topic because that's all I've been saying and I'm being accused of being a hardcore player, elitist, close-minded, that I'm telling people how to roleplay, and everyone's missing the point. Well fine. Let them do whatever they want because they do it anyway. The rest of us will have to put up with it and ignore it until they get told by a GM that they're breaking the rules.

godShell
07-30-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm also reminded of Barumples. That guy is great. I see him and at first I talked shit to my friend. I said this guy is lame, trying to be a rolton. Then they told me, no, Barumples is a rolton. He never speaks.

So I spent some time around him, and sure enough he always acted like the rolton he was. Barumples to my character was a healing rolton. It was fun, and I enjoyed Barumples' interactions. If so-and-so wants to be a kobold, cool. If you can pull it off I might pretend to believe it, if not I might pretend you're a wacko. Either way its more pretending than not, which is what GS is all about.

Now if you want to roleplay a female war griffin, you'd better know how to do it. I think there's a line you just know if you cross. If you truly think you can put yourself in the role of a war griffin, go for it. If you want to pretend to be an Arkati, you'll be looked at a certain way. Same with kobolds. Each case should be looked at individually, or else you judge without experience and that is ignorance.

CrystalTears
07-30-2003, 07:51 PM
So much for me not commenting on this anymore.

<sighs> In this whole stupid thread my argument has never been about roleplaying that makes me happy or you happy. I am not, repeat, not asking people to roleplay to my satisfaction or vice versa. That's absurd.

I've been referring to people breaking rules in order to roleplay. Why is it okay for someone to break the rules in order to have fun and be tolerated and put up by people who don't break the rules? I really didn't think I was inventing the wheel when I was asking about this.

I know that GMs can only do so much because people go off and do their own thing all the time and there's really no way to stop it from happening. But is it so wrong that people like myself come and post on boards in this fashion to point out to other players that this type of roleplaying of ignoring mechanics and doing whatever they want is not acceptable?

The game is very liberal in what you can roleplay. I just don't see why people feel they need to go against the mechanics to roleplay something. Maybe it IS just me. :D

[Edited on 7/31/2003 by CrystalTears]

Skirmisher
07-30-2003, 08:47 PM
So much for me not commenting on this anymore.

I've been referring to people breaking rules in order to roleplay. Why is it okay for someone to break the rules in order to have fun and be tolerated and put up by people who don't break the rules? I really didn't think I was inventing the wheel when I was asking about this.

Crystal I don't think you are a RP elitist by any means nor any other the things you said, be are simply thus far viewing a situation from different directions. Nothing awful about that.

To me, this entire issue is more about the "spirit" of the rules rather that the letter of the law.

Is it SO incredibly outlandish to believe in a land where the dead are brought back to life, where mages control fire and ice, where empaths heal life taking wounds that a kobald could talk and be more than its bretheren?

To me, it is the fact that this is someone roleplaying to *add* to the rp environment and not some goofball jerking everyone around just because they are trying to skirt around the letter of the law.

I agree there are rules and they exist for a reason, but I would hope that the GM's are intelligent enough to discern between those trying to actually RP and those just there to yank their chains.

CrystalTears
07-30-2003, 09:32 PM
And all I'm saying is that there are rules put down for the game and everyone should abide by them, whether they be great roleplayers or complete morons. <shrugs> But that's just me and I'll accept things as they are.

imported_Kranar
07-30-2003, 10:06 PM
<< To me, this entire issue is more about the "spirit" of the rules rather that the letter of the law. >>

So the spirit of the law when choosing a race is that you can be any race you want regardless of what you pick?

That's the misconception people get between the spirit of the law and the written law and the result is that one just ends up seeing whatever one wants and justifying whatever one THINKS is correct, even if the written law blatently states otherwise.

You ONLY follow the spirit of the law when the written law doesn't cover it. ONLY when certain unforseen circumstances arise where at the time of the written law, those who wrote it would have been unable to predict the scenario.

You don't just follow the spirit of the law because you don't like or agree with the written law.

The spirit of the law IS NOT "Oh... the law says this, but I think it really meant to say this," unlike what most people think.

<< To me, it is the fact that this is someone roleplaying to *add* to the rp environment and not some goofball jerking everyone around just because they are trying to skirt around the letter of the law. >>

A halfling who expects people to actually treat her like a kobold is doing nothing but goofing around. Many have said already and have clearly pointed out the absurdity of having a halfling roleplay another race. Not pretending to be another race, not she is a halfling but grew up with kobolds all her life and so thinks she's a kobold, but expecting people to believe that she actually IS one.

Heck, may as well just ditch the 5 new races being implemented in GSIV...

[Edited on 7-31-2003 by Kranar]

Taernath
07-31-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears I just don't see why people feel they need to go against the mechanics to roleplay something. Maybe it IS just me. :D

To stand out from the crowd, to be different. Not that that's neccessarily a good thing, mind you... If it's too absurd then I find that OOC'ly jarring. Some of the character histories I've heard read like a bad Jungle Book; character's family loses/abandons them, character is raised by wolves, character now thinks they're a wolf, etc. Cliche city.

CrystalTears
07-31-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
I believe you are confusing your sense of what is right and wrong with what SIMU has stated is right and wrong. SIMU has never actively stated what is acceptable for RP as far as I know, nor have they enforced RP (from a perspective of requiring or screening it). Certain GMs have given clues as to their preferences, but the game doesn't revolve around them, so as far as RP policy, they're as powerless as you are or I am.

This conversation has come up numerous times, both on these boards and on the official ones, and GMs have said that you roleplay practically anything you want, but once you start acting and saying things that go against mechanics, including that you're really another race than the one you chose, (mind you I'm talking about insisting and trying to force people to believe you're something you're not, not just pretending and thinking you are) then you're being OOC and wrong.

If people are allowed to play any race they want, why even bother choosing one in the mangler. Just have a "fill in here" field where you can put the race you want and be done with it.

Soulpieced
07-31-2003, 11:14 AM
People can believe all they want, the fact is, they are wearing ITEMS to portray their character. Wearing a kobold mask does not mean your head is the same as a kobold. Wearing a "kobold archmage cloak", what the heck is that supposed to mean. Etc. etc. You get the idea. Due to the fact that the characters are wearing ITEMS that portray whatever it is they want to, the fact still remains that they are only dressing up as one.

Drew2
07-31-2003, 11:19 AM
1. Pattie is gone from GS.
2. Nothing on this thread will change anyone's mind about the 'creature' they pretend to be.
3. For them to change now would be OOC, therefore, leading to another string of complaints.

I think it's safe to say this argument has run its course.