PDA

View Full Version : Did he deserve this?

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 12:23 AM
So there’s a character that is around 30 trains or so that comes to my table all the time to get spells and such. He really is a good guy. Just young… (reminds me of me three years ago)

So, did I do the right thing, or should I have stuck by him because he was a friend? I wish someone had bound me and talked to me like that so that I would have learned earlier.

You see ******** waving at your table, clearly hoping that you will invite him to sit with you. Recognizing her friend, Kataleena immediately waves for ******** to join you.
J>
Lord ******** arrives at your table.
J>
******** quietly says, "I'm gonna head to the landing. !!!!!!!!!'s gotten himself into some trouble, and I have to go bail him out."
J>
* Jenix just bit the dust!
J>
******** quietly says, "There's this empath there that likes to pick on the younger ones. She had two of her friends gang up on him, I'm heading over there to show them that they shouldn't fool around with half-krolvins who have an older brother who knows implosion."
J>
******** removes a spiraling tapered faewood runestaff from in his weapons sling.
J>

[Leaving rest mode.]

'what
You feel less drained.
J>You say, "What."
J>
******** checks his equipment, adjusting and rearranging his gear.
J>
******** just opened an ora-edged snake skin backpack.
J>'what kind of trouble.
You say, "What kind of trouble."
J>
******** checks his equipment, adjusting and rearranging his gear.
J>
Your gold bracelet now shines brightly, casting a small aura of light around every nearby surface.
J>'excuse me?
You ask, "Excuse me?"
J>stand
You are already standing.
J>
******** quietly says, "A whole lot of deaths because this empath likes to vulture, and kill the younger empaths."
J>
* Jeriah just bit the dust!
J>warcry ber ray
You glare at ******** and let out a nerve-shattering bellow!
******** is startled enough to lose initiative!

Roundtime: 3 sec.
JR>'you are going no where
You say, "You are not going anywhere."

(This was done because I didn’t want him to run off before I could tell him what I had to say.)

J>
Kataleena traces a sign while beseeching the spirits for empowerment...
J>
******** quietly asks, "Why not?"
J>
Kataleena gestures at ********.
CS: +188 - TD: +96 + CvA: +15 + d100: +63 - -5 == +175
Warding failed!
******** suddenly stops all movement.

(I then figured this was a better way of making sure he did not run off. Plus, I figured that I could take it off of him if he acted reasonable. With RT, can’t reverse that.. just have to wait it out.)

J>
Your vocal cords feel fully rested from all those war cries.

You say, "You don't bring older characters in to fight for you."

You say, "You are going to get yourself locked out."
J>
******** quietly asks, "What do you think she did?"
You say, "I dont give a damn."
J>
******** quietly says, "Separate accounts."

You say, "Then you sit down and you report."

You say, "IP."

You say, "They check that dummy."

******** quietly says, "I really don't care, I'm tired of getting pushed around by people with over inflated egos. She attacked him without cause."
J>
******** begins to move again.
J>
Kataleena traces a sign while beseeching the spirits for empowerment...
J>
Kataleena gestures at ********.
CS: +188 - TD: +96 + CvA: +15 + d100: +61 - -5 == +173
Warding failed!
******** suddenly stops all movement.

You say, "If you leave, you are not welcomed back."
J>
******** quietly says, "!!!!!!! has jail time to serve."

You say, "People who bring in older characters, are not welcomed at this table."
J>
******** quietly says, "Then remember the name. XXXXXX."
J>
You feel less drained.
******** just left.

Bobmuhthol
08-15-2005, 12:37 AM
You should be punched in the fucking eye for warcrying him.

Toxicvixen
08-15-2005, 12:42 AM
So let me get this straight: your yelling at someone not to MA or bring in older characters while you yourself are abusing your skills and MAing against him... Ok... Yeah that makes sense. :down:

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 12:46 AM
There is a difference. He is going after someone who killed his little character. While I have been friends with him for months.

Toxicvixen
08-15-2005, 12:47 AM
So its okay to MA if you know the person? Yeah. Right.

Terminator X
08-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
You should be punched in the fucking eye for warcrying him.

lol

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 12:50 AM
So...I let him take off without putting consequences into his head? Perhaps I should have said to hell with it and turned the other way.

Thank you, I have my answer now.

Toxicvixen
08-15-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah, let people get into thier own trouble without preaching. Specially in that way. You could have told him without force, but since you used it you pretty much told him Do as I say, not as I do. Good job.

Tsa`ah
08-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Pots and kettles again .... You have done the exact same thing in the past.

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Toxicvixen
Yeah, let people get into thier own trouble without preaching. Specially in that way. You could have told him without force, but since you used it you pretty much told him Do as I say, not as I do. Good job.

Mmmm I guess you would have to know his personality to understand that. If he could have, he would have run before I could say anything.

And then, one fuck up like that, would have him on the board with every body hating him like so many others.

I wish I had a friend that meant enough to me to actually listen to them. But at the time, everyone behind the Gemstone character pretty much meant nothing to me.

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Pots and kettles again .... You have done the exact same thing in the past.

Damn right. And look where it got me. Do I want to see that happen to him? No.

4a6c1
08-15-2005, 01:04 AM
yay for weird and no making of the sense!

Amber
08-15-2005, 01:28 AM
You shouldn't have to resort to bondage to hold a conversation with a friend. If someone who was a friend to one of my characters treated one of them in such a manner, they'd have one less friend and count themselves better off without that person.

Tsa`ah
08-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by GSLady17
Damn right. And look where it got me. Do I want to see that happen to him? No.

So you have already admitted in another thread, or you are admitting now, that you are indeed the original player of Teeo and you were just telling lies as is the norm for you?

Myitkyina
08-15-2005, 01:56 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=16754

Bobmuhthol
08-15-2005, 01:56 AM
She posted it in the thread called "Who, is the real Teeoncy?"

I'm not sure anyone was too surprised, and apparently she hasn't changed at all.

Tsa`ah
08-15-2005, 02:02 AM
See what happens when you don't read the forums in forever and a day?

Chelle
08-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Oh for the love of... nevermind.

:banghead:

SpunGirl
08-15-2005, 02:20 AM
GSLadySarahTeeoncyDumbshit,

With each subsequent post/thread created, you prove yourself to be exceptionally retarded. I'm sorry there are people who have to deal with you IRL.

-K

HouseofElves
08-15-2005, 03:04 AM
SG, is it possible you get more desirable as the days go on?

Leetahkin
08-15-2005, 05:29 AM
I'm in agreement with everyone else. Sure, you could have talked to the person rationally. But he was decided that that was his course of action. Let him deal with the consequences.

And that was pretty OOC.

ElanthianSiren
08-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Sarah,

You have to realize that in the end what you say to people, especially in a text RPG, means nothing (there are some marked exceptions, but in this case, I don't think they apply). People are going to do what they are going to do, and they, not you, have to deal with the consequences of their actions. I think you meant well, but if this person's other characters are being harassed, and he/she is of the mind to take the other person on instead of going to staff, nothing you say is going to really change that behavior. Most people don't learn lessons well in words, only consequences.

-M

Asha
08-15-2005, 05:47 AM
I thought the warcry was an RP way of your character being angry as all hell.
It would have been better left at that. The use of it for RT, to give you time to talk to him was way over the top.

I also thought it was a good thing to discourage him from getting banned or whatever.
Being bullied (or thinking you're being bullied) in game can be very frustrating. But then stopping all his movements kinda bullied him into listening to you.
:lol:
Good intentions, horribly executed.

Artha
08-15-2005, 07:02 AM
I think you're the last person who should be lecturing anyone about that.

TheRoseLady
08-15-2005, 07:15 AM
I understand your intent Sarah, but you should have just told him (without binding him and all that) that the double character thing was bad news. As far as threatening your friendship because of it, that seemed rather childish to me. You can caution him about his choices and then let him deal with the ramifications.

Asha
08-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Artha

Now, I KNOW that wasn't directed at me!

HarmNone
08-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Kinda reminds me of the old saw: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." You can give advice, but if people choose not to take it, or even choose not to listen to it, that's their choice, not yours. You offered what you thought would be helpful. It's up to him what he does with it.

08-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Jesus, how fucking stupid can you be? I mean, seriously? Are you that numb in the brain? You take this holy stance on PvP (that you have no fucking right to take) and then you warcry some lower level character just so you can make yourself feel better and lecture? Give me a fucking break. Quit Gemstone, quit life, and go away. Dumb.. fucking... idiot.

- Arkans

Asha
08-15-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm so out of touch , I missed all the bad shit Teeo did.
Sounds like she was a bit of a cunt.

StrayRogue
08-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Was?

AnticorRifling
08-15-2005, 01:44 PM
To sum up that log:

Rayquazza(sp) says I R going to MA and kill someone killing my alt.

You reply with warcry

switch chars

bind

you say "MA R bad"

I don't think there are enough cattle in the mid west to provide the beef wellington for this thread.

Leetahkin
08-15-2005, 01:48 PM
:lol2: I missed that!
Funny stuff.

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 01:57 PM
It was at a table. OOC is acceptable.

People advised me not to do those things as well. I would have listened if they had been more forceful.

He thinks a lot like how I did. I was sick of bullies etc etc. But I always thought well, report doesn't do shit so I'll take it into my own hands. (to some degree I still think it does little) If someone (even a friend) had told me not to go, I would have just walked out and would have done it anyways.

Just like I believe he would have. He was pissed and wanted to go blow someone up.

As for giving advice?

I think I am a great person to tell him not to do it. Why? Because I know what happens. You get tons of people on the boards talking shit about you for their amusement.

I know how it feels, I know it never goes away.

When I got so pissed at someone for being a bully because of their age, and because my character was smaller and someone would tell me not to do something about it, I'd think nice, they don't even have a flipping clue what they are talking about. They don't know how mad I am or how fed up I am.

Well, by being a bully because I am his friend, and want him not to end up how I did, I get the chance to tell him hey, I do know how you feel. I did the same thing. But let me tell you exactly how people will make you feel after you go through with it.

AnticorRifling
08-15-2005, 02:04 PM
It was at a table. OOC is acceptable.

Wrong.

People advised me not to do those things as well. I would have listened if they had been more forceful.

I only listen if the message is written on a piece of paper, wrapped around a brick, and chucked at my grape. Nice....

I know how it feels, I know it never goes away.

Get your phone and dial whine 1 1 maybe the wahmbulance will show up.

Well, by being a bully because I am his friend

By being a bully you are being a bully. You're showing him that force is a good tool to use when you want to teach something(anything) and you should flex your textual muscle whenever someone is of fewer trains and you want to speak.

Sped.

CrystalTears
08-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
Sarah,

You have to realize that in the end what you say to people, especially in a text RPG, means nothing (there are some marked exceptions, but in this case, I don't think they apply). People are going to do what they are going to do, and they, not you, have to deal with the consequences of their actions. I think you meant well, but if this person's other characters are being harassed, and he/she is of the mind to take the other person on instead of going to staff, nothing you say is going to really change that behavior. Most people don't learn lessons well in words, only consequences.

-M

This was the best response in the whole thread, so it was worth repeating.

This even pertains to real life, as parents tell you not to do something "because they did too and it failed then as well" and yet they do it anyway.

Live and learn. You didn't learn until you were slammed, and that's the best way, unfortunately. By the looks of it you STILL haven't learn. You really think you would have listened if you were sat down and lectured? Good intentions, but drastic nonetheless.

[Edited on 8/15/2005 by CrystalTears]

StrayRogue
08-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Tables are not OOC acceptable.

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 02:10 PM
I was told by a GM that tables and locked rooms are. If that GM was wrong then okkkkkk, I'll ask another.

You're right it is good advice. But it stopped him from going last night.

Showing him threads, showing him conversations with people, logs, etc...all are a good way to show him how he will be treated if he goes through with it.

CrystalTears
08-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Talking to him, yes. Warcry and bind is what was a little too much. I would have come back with my alt just to kick your ass instead. :P

Alfster
08-15-2005, 02:21 PM

When I got so pissed at someone for being a bully because of their age, and because my character was smaller and someone would tell me not to do something about it, I'd think nice, they don't even have a flipping clue what they are talking about. They don't know how mad I am or how fed up I am.

Eh, if you get that worked up over a game, perhaps you should try a different game.

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Talking to him, yes. Warcry and bind is what was a little too much. I would have come back with my alt just to kick your ass instead. :P

He wouldn't stay.

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Alfster

Eh, if you get that worked up over a game, perhaps you should try a different game.

Oh I thought that too. But people here will tell you its not a game. There are real people behind the characters.

Jolena
08-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Wrong. It is a game, and although you do invest your own emotions and time into the characters, you shouldn't let it upset you that much as a person. When you walk away from the computer, you should not be that pissed off. At least in my opinion. If you are that upset then there's a problem.

El Burro
08-15-2005, 02:27 PM
you two should get married in game
And have lots of children

CrystalTears
08-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Oh I thought that too. But people here will tell you its not a game. There are real people behind the characters.

Heh, at least now you're admitting that they're real. ;)

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
Wrong. It is a game, and although you do invest your own emotions and time into the characters, you shouldn't let it upset you that much as a person. When you walk away from the computer, you should not be that pissed off. At least in my opinion. If you are that upset then there's a problem.

I walk away and forget it.

For example though, when I first made Kat teeo was on terras. (the whole point of making kat was to get her to teras as well)

At the time no one knew kat was mine. Kata was 14 trains healed some guy he was like ooo I like the way you touch me when you heal. She just giggled and didn't respond back. He then said stuff such as how about we go to a room and you can touch me more.

I declined a little rude I'll admitt. And said I don't go to rooms with random people what kinda girl do you think I am etc etc.

He then said well, marry me then. She said no I will not marry you and left. He then stalked her for like two weeks killing her outside of town. Saying he would not leave me alone until she married him.

When she healed in tsc, he would say things out loud like why did you cheat on me, we were supposed to get married and people would glare at her or shake their head. Or say things like I hate cheaters etc.

I assisted many times. Back then there was no warn interaction.

It kept going on, so I brought teeo back and killed him.

Fed up? Yes.

Dreamed and cried about it? No.

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

Heh, at least now you're admitting that they're real. ;)

I never said they were robots, I said why should I care what they say think or do, its only a game or a board I'll never meet them in real life etc etc.

But I've been proven wrong by many.

Celephais
08-15-2005, 03:19 PM
When she healed in tsc, he would say things out loud like why did you cheat on me, we were supposed to get married and people would glare at her or shake their head. Or say things like I hate cheaters etc.

... Are you English or retarded?

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm "I don't give a fuck." :kiss:

To stay on topic- I think I have the info on what I wanted for this incident. Thank you. Now I can plan on future occasions where something like this happens around peoples thoughts, opinions, and advice.

I'm still learning. I knew this would make me look bad, but how else will I learn if it's not shown and corrected.

Celephais
08-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I am just calling bullshit on the everyone "looking down on you" for some random person saying "you cheated on me".

Seriously, if someone were sitting there moaning outloud, I think people would get fed up with them very quickly, and it's also extremely easy as an empath to just guild speak and suddenly turn all of TSC against an individual, especially one acting like the idiot you described.

And isn't this the second incident of you claiming sexual assault in game? Given what little I actually know about you, and everything else I've seen in sad little 'pity me' attempts, I'm thinking you're just crying wolf, and boy I can't wait till Arkan's avatar gets around to you.

P.S. No offense to anyone English... I was just quoting Sean Connery.

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Pity me? No. I got him to stop on my own. The right way? no. But it worked.

Everyone? No....don't think i said that. But there were some people saying little comments.

I didn't at the time know the power of empaths. She did not heal until she was 10. Go rodents!

Jolena
08-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Did he deserve this?

Nope.

[Edited on 8-15-2005 by Jolena]

GSLady17
08-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Welll, he doesn't hate me, he isn't going. Everything turned out well in the end. I'll let this thread die now.

Artha
08-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Drayal

Originally posted by Artha

Now, I KNOW that wasn't directed at me!
Correct.

Sean of the Thread
08-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Gslady I've come to the conclusion after giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are A FUCKING RETARDED MORON.

Gushi
08-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Holy hell please just name off all your characters so we know who to avoid like the plague. Damn you need to find yerself a life GSLady your drama searching covers the entire board.

I hear violins everytime I log in now.

:violin:

GSLady17
08-17-2005, 12:43 AM
by the way

You quietly whisper to Ivella, "Are tables OOC?"
s>Ivella whispers, "They are but with all of you here I don't want to be unnecessarily disruptive."
s>
The light within your gold bracelet has brightened to a soft, gentle glow.
s>
* Elronae just bit the dust!
s>whisper ivell yes just something we have been debating...
You quietly whisper to Ivella, "Yes just something we have been debating..."
s>whisper ivell so they are OOC same as locked rooms?
You quietly whisper to Ivella, "So they are OOC same as locked rooms?"
s>whisper iv and we dont mind at all, we just stay quiet and rest anyways
You quietly whisper to Ivella, "And we dont mind at all, we just stay quiet and rest anyways."
s>
Ivella whispers, " er, for talking, I believe so.. for other stuff, I'm not sure."
s>whisper iv aye thank you
You quietly whisper to Ivella, "Aye thank you."
s>

look iv
You see Senior GameHost Ivella.
She appears to be an Elf.
She appears to be very young and average height. She has blue-grey eyes and fair skin. She has shoulder length, tousled honey blonde hair. She has a pointed nose.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a veiled bee-keeper's bonnet, a large oilskin pack with a bee stenciled across the flap, a small rose, a sturdy canvas smock clasped with tiny golden bee-shaped buttons, and some stout honey gold boots which lace up above the knees ending in wide protective canvas cuffs.

Yet another GM who has told me this. :oops:

Ok back to letting the thread die.

[Edited on 8-17-2005 by GSLady17]

SpunGirl
08-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Please don't be stupid. (Tough job, I know).

Tables are an area where OOC is allowed. That means you won't get in trouble for discussing OOC things at a table.

This is not the same as everyone CONSIDERING tables to be OOC. Some people consider whispers to be IC, some OOC, but OOC conversation is allowed in whispers for the same reason it's allowed at tables.

You said in another thread that merchanting interactions should be IC, and that OOC prejudices against another player shouldn't enter into them. Does this still hold true if the transaction takes place at a table? Or is this like everything else.... it's just whatever is convenient for you at the time?

-K

P.S.

Yet another GM who has told me this. :oops:

A GH is not the same thing as a GM. Oops! I guess you should have learned the difference between the letters "H" and "M" watching Sesame Street, or at least in your excellermarated Ingleesh classes.

Terminator X
08-17-2005, 01:26 AM

I walk away and forget it.

Can you please forget to post what you don't actually remember on this forum board?

It would help my eyes... not bleed. Yeah.

Shari
08-17-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm crushed. I've been playing this game for 12 damned years (on and off) and I have only ONCE been sexually harassed in this game. (By Michaelous) Are my characters that undesirable?

<goes off to cry herself to sleep>

Terminator X
08-17-2005, 01:35 AM
^

If it is intelligence that scares away sexual harassment, maybe that's why you haven't had a problem. And it would also help to explain GSLady17/Teeoncy's ... plight.

Leetahkin
08-17-2005, 05:34 AM
Spun summed it up nicely. OOC conversations can occur at a table, but it doesn't give leave to automatically talk OOC when there. All parties need to be in agreement, because IC things happen all the time at tables too.

GSLady17
08-17-2005, 05:56 AM
And you have not been at the table either. We are always talking OOC if it is just him and I there. We talk about stats etc. It's not like I didn't know this guy.

Alfster
08-17-2005, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
I'm crushed. I've been playing this game for 12 damned years (on and off) and I have only ONCE been sexually harassed in this game. (By Michaelous) Are my characters that undesirable?

<goes off to cry herself to sleep>

I'll remember to change that