PDA

View Full Version : Pimsleur language instruction

Sean of the Thread
08-14-2005, 01:17 AM
I decided to check out the Pimsleur German series since I'm completly devoid of personal goals right now. So far the system is pretty impressive and I feel I'm learning it with some ease. Has anyone else ever had experience with this language education system?

Back
08-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Whats German for YAWN

4a6c1
08-14-2005, 02:35 AM
I like the Random House 'Living language' box sets. They are super. Even though repetitive conjugations bore me to death these things hooked me by starting with the conversational stuff and linguistic similarities and such. I dislike this series for its lack of regional word accuracy, however. Especially with some of the younger european languages. Its good for German though. If you get bored with the one you already bought go for it.

Sean of the Thread
08-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit
I like the Random House 'Living language' box sets. They are super. Even though repetitive conjugations bore me to death these things hooked me by starting with the conversational stuff and linguistic similarities and such. I dislike this series for its lack of regional word accuracy, however. Especially with some of the younger european languages. Its good for German though. If you get bored with the one you already bought go for it.

Ahem.. I didn't buy it. It retails at $1000.00. I merely borrowed it for teh time being.

Thanks I'll check out the Living Series as well.