PDA

View Full Version : Calling Older Friends

GSLeloo
10-01-2003, 04:21 PM
I find this to be so annoying. So it was me, Syberus, and Drakam at the boulder and there was this character named Caasy.

Caasy starts to get all pissy over the jaguar searching her out of hiding and starts insulting us. We leave to the cul-de-sac and she stalked us there. Then she starts really insulting me, other dark elves, and basically anyone she wanted to. She purposely (verbally) attacked us knowing well enough we all out trained her by like 20-80 trains. Why is anyone so stupid?

Because she had Annamari. Next day, Annamari confronts Syberus, basically tries to kill him, gets killed herself and blah blah blah... I have Caasy come up to me later that day, do a warn interaction, and quickly leave the area.

The only reason Caasy was so cocky was because she had Annamari to wipe her ass for her. And plus here's my question, since I'm at the dais and Caasy is at the dais and Caasy doesn't leave and it was Caasy's warn interaction, doesn't that technically cancel it?

Trinitis
10-01-2003, 04:23 PM
From what I understand, you are to leave as soon as you warn interact someone. BOTH parties are to leave the room.

-Adredrin

Scott
10-01-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
From what I understand, you are to leave as soon as you warn interact someone. BOTH parties are to leave the room.

-Adredrin

Huh? Why would I have to leave if you warn interacted me?

Betheny
10-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Well. Hopefully no one goes off about how WARN sucks and you're a pussy for using it. The use sounded warranted to me, but then again I'm like.. the warn whore.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-01-2003, 04:27 PM
You are hanging out at the boulder and the cul-de-sac....

do I need to say any more?

Betheny
10-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
Noway, Maimara! That's Garr's Title! ;)

I will fight him for it, it was given to me fair and square!

StrayRogue
10-01-2003, 04:29 PM
I like your avatar Super Hobbit Mage.

GSLeloo
10-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Caasy had called me a whore, said that all dark elves are something blah blah... Even Calean had stunned her for insulting dark elves, unstunned her, let her try again, she insulted again, and he stunned her again.

Why was her warning interaction against me the right thing to do? She was just doing it cause she tried to act all tought cause she had Annamari behind her and when that proved not enough, she tried to run from the Gods. And then breaks her own warn by not leaving when she's in the same room as me.

Betheny
10-01-2003, 04:34 PM
This is why I always try to keep people out of my conflicts.

Notsosweet
10-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Ok well hand the bitch a muzzle .. tell her to STFU and move on .. maybe she needs older friends and she was just bent because her friend got killed. No reason to warn you i dont think.. But then again.. Im your friend so maybe im being partial . But i truly hate people that start shit and then call in older friends to help them. Tell the little snot to leave you also.. i dont think you should WARN her back .. i dont care for warn but thats just my opinion. No need for anyone to get upset and bash me about it. Im not saying that those of you that use it shouldnt.. i just said i dont like it.

Syberus
10-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Ah well the thing is.. Annamari is Caasy's "mother" in game. Basically we're pretty certain that they're the same person. I spose I can lay out details of the story, or summarize what happened.

As Loo said, Her Drakam and I were on the Boulder. Caasy walked up and hid. We didn't think anything of it until a few minutes later Drakam's pet found her. I looked at her and she had her weapon stowed. Now as many folks may deduce... A rogue hiding in the room with a weapon put away, not saying anything to anyone. I mentioned that there may be a thief among us. I made no accusitions and named no names. She kept hiding and the pet kept finding her..

Eventually we decided to go back to the Cul. As soon as we were there, talking to friends, we heard Caasy's voice from the shadows babbling something about manners. Eventually she kept running her mouth to the point where she told me "Maybe you should remove your head from your ass" or something similar.

As you can imagine I didn't take too kindly to her words, as they really had no merit being as we had done nothing to her. She was stunned, and left alone until it wore off about 5 minutes later. She proceeded to then insult everyone in the room, calling Leloo a whore, and also insulting dark elves. Calean stunned her, and told her she had one more chance and then unstunned her. She kept insulting and talking afterwards, and upon calling Loo a whore again, had her arms removed by her.

She eventually bled to death due to being stunned again later for running her mouth still. Then proceeded to piss off every cleric that came near her to the point no one would raise her. Eventually she was raised, and said we would pay and ran off like a retard.

The next day, I was followed around by a mouse, so I detected it, and sure enough it was Annamari! So I stopped in the room for a while, and sure enough soon after she gated to me. She babbled for a long time about how I had killed her daughter (as if I knew) and that I would pay for it. Being amused by her stupidity, I laughed at her and left.

I ran into Nordred a few rooms away (He's a friend of mine, and Loo's father so technically mine too). We spoke for a while and the mouse ran back in, asking if I was afraid since i wouldn't come outside. I told her I was busy and didn't have time for her and to take her mouse away. A few moments later, she cast weapon fire at me in town. Going invisible she ran back out of town again.

Her weapon fire did basically dick, causing minor wounds for the most part, and allowing me to even stow my weapon so when she came back (which she did) and cast it on me again it had no effect. Being angered by this, as I had been nothing by polite to the woman, I tracked her down and proceeded to stun her massively. Then blew a hole in her neck, told her not to touch me and walked away.

She died a few minutes later as I sat in town talking to a friend. After she was raised she came to my table and started screaming about how this was a war and all this stupid shit. I calmly told her I considered us even since she had tried to kill me and failed, and noted that I would take official channels to deal with her if she felt the need to continue her aggressions.

After that, she sat at my table for over half an hour, while I tried to explain to her that attacking me IG for information she learned OOG (she blatently told me she had seen a log) was against policy and not justifiable. She kept referring to an earlier incident I had had with her about a year ago where I killed her for killing my brother in front of my eyes, claiming I had no right to do anything. However when I pointed out that she had even less right to attack me as she hadn't witnessed a thing, and that the situations were the same, she became furious and once again promised my death before leaving.

Khaladon and I had been talking through report for a while, and he asked me to make an assist... so I did. I was placed 2nd or 3rd in the queu and that was that..... Except for when I went out of my table her mouse was still there waiting for me. So I reported and said.. well her stupid mouse is still following me, I guess I can go get killed while you watch...

Sure enough as soon as I said that, a host appeared to take my statements heh. Later that day, Annamari and Caasy both WARN INTERACTed me and left town with their tails between their legs. It was retarded as hell.

Syb

Artha
10-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Ignore the warn if it's given for something stupid like that.

Caramia
10-01-2003, 06:01 PM
Ignoring a warn can backfire on you if the other party reports you and a GM sees you interacting. In my opinion, nothing negates a warn, but returning or refusing to leave and continuing interaction after issuing one certainly "violates" it.

Annamari has a history of getting involved in things that are none of her business. She brings in other characters, too, like when she harassed me on Teras for a while and brought in her other character, Danialle. She eventually got in trouble for it with the GMs and disappeared from Teras for a while.

So don't waste your breath or time with Caasy. Issue your own warn and then report when she and Annamari start up stuff.

Syberus
10-01-2003, 06:06 PM
I just find it funny that she was screaming about how we would all pay and then her older character got her ass handed to her. The sad part is, I'm assuming since she said all of us, she would have had to make Calean (144 Sorc) And Zanagan (I'm sure you know him) pay as well. Each of them having 30 or so trains on me. I wonder what her super plan for those guys was. Idiot.

Syb

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by Syberus]

Artha
10-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Ignoring a warn can backfire on you if the other party reports you and a GM sees you interacting.

Generally, they'll call you up for a conference. You explain your position calmly, and if they used it to get out of conflict, the GM will probably side with you.

GSTamral
10-01-2003, 06:25 PM
People have always and will always use this tactic to make up for a small dick. Just look at Jabee/Stahks

Morstanya
10-02-2003, 08:34 AM
I want to make one thing clear about WARN. It is not a method by which a person can force you from where you are. You do not have to leave when warned, you just need to stop interacting. If the 'warner' continues to interact on any level, then you simply report it. Interaction can come in many forms. Repeated use of verbs like glance, speaking to another person about the 'warnee' aloud, action verbs like 'rasp', and of course, speaking or casting directly at the 'warnee'.

I've never been warned (which is amazing actually) but I'm certain when it finally happens that I'll just laugh and ignore the 'warner'. Eventually they'll probably screw up and give me the ammo to report them. Again, you can't 'herd' someone from Town Center merely by warning them. It just doesn't work that way. In certain situations, the 'warnee' would need to leave, but those are limited to things like showing up at the 'warners' table, or home, etc...

Morstanya, Icewitch.

10-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Well I know from personal experence that this... the older character being brought out to attack is very common place... I cant count how many times i have had a empath pop in cast at me and leave to silence me... Im not loved and a lot of people take offence to the way edine treats other.... people think i just pick on little characters... which granted are often targets because they are the ones with the big mouths. I have been warned many many many times... never once have I had to be pulled out of the game or even have a GM send me a message about any of my interactions before or after the warning takes place... and yes when people attack me and then warn me... i never leave it be Edine will stay there and just continue what he is doing... with that i have class... I will voice more of my opinions later...