PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr

Fraidycat
10-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Why do characters that mine has never seen before whisper to me stuff like 'You dont know me but i know you'?
Then I think to them after they run out of the room, asking who are you and how do they know me and they think back with ' Another soul maybe . . . . *giggle giggle *'.
I think that this is just stupid and no doubt someone who is out to harrass me as my friends in game are honest and it isnt any of them.
Anyone else find this kind of behaviour annoying?
If not I guess i just missed the joke . . . :?:

CrystalTears
10-01-2003, 12:10 PM
I find those annoying too. If you know me as another character and want me to know this one too, just say so. Playing these "guess who I am" games make no sense to me, considering how many people I know.

Besides, just because I find out doesn't mean I'm going to act the same with this character the way I do with the other one just because I now know the player that controls both.

I'd rather they just make friends normally just like they did with their other character.

Fabled
10-01-2003, 12:15 PM
But that would involve roleplay! :lol:

Fraidycat
10-01-2003, 12:48 PM
{ But that would involve roleplay! }

Role what!!?

Fabled
10-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Exactly...

GSLeloo
10-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Yeah I always have those people come up to me. No I will not play some stupid game to figure out if I know you, say who you are or obviously you didn't matter enough for me to remember.

Wezas
10-01-2003, 02:19 PM
I've had this happen a few times. If the person will not tell me and is giving me a hard time about it I'll take a swing in offensive, most of the time killing them (they're usually younger characters).

After that they tell me. Usually yelling in a dead whisper, but I find out who it is. Then I can give them my "Oh, I didn't realize it was you, I thought it was this psycho" speech

Fraidycat
10-01-2003, 02:34 PM
nice idea there . . congrats , someones about to die . . .
:D

Shimmerain K'aryeu

Betheny
10-01-2003, 04:48 PM
I hate when people come up to me in their new characters and try to make me guess who they are. It's really annoying.

Chadj
10-01-2003, 07:44 PM
As for people who i dont know coming up to me, i get that a lot.. but in most cases, they tell me who they were, and i remember them.. i guess ive just got a freakishly good memory.. or a bad enough one to imagine that i met these people. Either way.... :)

[Edited on 10-2-2003 by Chadj]

Miss X
10-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Uh...Fraidycat is Shimmerain! He is very cool, I love RPing with him! He's pretty much the cutest Sorcerer around! ::hums::
Vx

StrayRogue
10-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Cute Sorcerer's should be shot.

Miss X
10-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Who says we all have to conform to stereotypes? Not that he RP's being cute, he doesnt, but if he did I dont see the problem.
Vx

StrayRogue
10-01-2003, 08:12 PM
The problem is, most people conform to the stereotype of cute "Sorc".

Miss X
10-01-2003, 08:14 PM
I dare you to call Morstanya cute to her face! ::cackles::

Artha
10-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Not that he RP's being cute, he doesnt, but if he did I dont see the problem.

How cute do you think you could be, removing limbs at a will, knowing exactly how to open up someone's neck, and being able to open voids which, among other things, cause blood to gush out of every orifice of the target?

CrystalTears
10-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Artha
How cute do you think you could be, removing limbs at a will, knowing exactly how to open up someone's neck, and being able to open voids which, among other things, cause blood to gush out of every orifice of the target?

To a masochist or sadist? Damned cute! ;)

Chadj
10-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Bards are cute! :-D

Miss X
10-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Artha

Not that he RP's being cute, he doesnt, but if he did I dont see the problem.

Gemstone is a fantasy game, so if people want to RP a cute sorcerer I have no issue with it.
Most sorcerer's dont RP being cute, just like most empaths dont RP being evil, however there will always be people that want to break the mould of sterotypes. Each to their own I say.
:bouncy:
Vx

Artha
10-01-2003, 08:42 PM
There's a difference between breaking stereotypes and being implausable :)

Fraidycat
10-02-2003, 07:23 AM
'Cute' now is he . . .
Prep 735 . .
Shimmerain traces a decieving sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking sink Elanthia...
We shall see . . .

Morstanya
10-02-2003, 08:21 AM
I've found that if you completely ignore someone doing this, that eventually they can't resist telling you who they actually are.

Morstanya, Witch of the North

10-02-2003, 08:35 AM
No Sorc is as cute as The Edine.... ::ducks:: sorry had to add that.

Fraidycat
10-02-2003, 09:34 AM
Stop it with the cute Sorc(erer) thing!
Oh yeah . . Found out who it was, they have no limbs.
That was severely OOC to go around whispering to me about other souls and will prolly be posting about me on this board becouse i 'educated' them. :D

Shimmerain K'aryeu

Drew2
10-02-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Miss X
I dare you to call Morstanya cute to her face! ::cackles::

I will. Promise.

Wezas
10-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Always fun to bring up an old post.

IM, out of the blue

Gniess: James, stop playing with yourself
LegendWezas: hmm, who could this be.

(Check Google for Gniess)
Did you mean to search for: "Gneiss"
And Gneiss = Gneiss Rocks
So, I determine it's my friend Eric, who majored in Geology

LegendWezas: You spelled Gneiss wrong, Eric
Gniess: I know is was already taken

It's usually not that easy and if it takes me more then 2 minutes to find out who you are, you're blocked.

Fraidycat
10-23-2003, 05:55 PM
In IM outa the blue by what seems to be a stranger is kinda scary.
Has not happened to me yet , only in Whispers from complete unknown characters.

Shimm