PDA

View Full Version : Platinum characters finally find their way to E-Bay

Fabled
10-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Check out the this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3050483262&category=45 96

Is it the beginning of the end for Platinum? :?:

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by Fabled]

Fabled
10-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Or am I reading that wrong....The ranger is in Prime and the level 5 character is in Plat?

Wezas
10-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
Hrm, it's confusing. I would lean towards the Ranger being in Prime and the Platinum character being the 5 trained one. Hard to say for sure, though.

Would it be that, or could it be - Level 49 Ranger in Plat and also an extra level 5 character in Plat.

I'm not sure how plat works, I have a ghetto account myself. If someone were to create a Plat account, they could just have Plat characters (Though I realize they could have both Plat & Prime Chars)

StrayRogue
10-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Er...platinum characters have always been up for sale, for a good long time now. Ask TOJ, he'll know more, but this certainly is not the beginning.

theotherjohn
10-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Since day one they have been for sale.

I dont touch Plat. I have placed a personal off limits. I truly wish GS will continue to survive and for that to happen I and others like me must realize certain things are and must remain verboten

Weedmage Princess
10-02-2003, 12:36 AM
Yeah, Plat characters have gone up for sale on E-Bay in the past. I heard a rumor that someone from plat put their character up..and another person who played plat bought the character, then sent him demonic.

Hips
10-02-2003, 12:41 AM
If I had the money to do that... it would be very tempting. :smilegrin:

Fabled
10-02-2003, 01:07 AM
Very interesting...I never heard of a Plat character being auctioned before (then again I never looked). I remember reading somewhere that their guidelines were much more stern with the transferring of characters. I just figured it didnt happen.

Weedmage Princess
10-02-2003, 01:46 AM
Yes but if the person was selling their ACCOUNT..as opposed to just a character...then it's easy as pie. Just a matter of getting the answer to the security question, and changing it.

HarmNone
10-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Yeah, Plat characters have gone up for sale on E-Bay in the past. I heard a rumor that someone from plat put their character up..and another person who played plat bought the character, then sent him demonic.

I heard it was a group of plat players who got together and bought said character with the purpose of sending the character demonic.

HarmNone hears voices

Jay
10-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Yes, the first character sold in Platinum (a ranger named Lightborn) was put up on Ebay years ago and was bought my me so that I could demonic him in an effort to discourage the practice.

Silly me. Fat lot of good it did.

The practice continued with other folks selling characters in Platinum. The next being the wizard Truffaut who was bought by three people who banded together to buy him. The players of Selizabeth, Maerinoc and Ekimensio. That character was sent demonic by Ekimensio's player after having second thoughts about using the character and getting grief about the purchase but then was restored by Simutronics and given a name, race and gender change upon complaint for various reasons made by Maerinoc's player.

It is also my belief that the character of Kylin was also sold although one of the original players (as it was a notoriously shared to advance character played by multiple parties) continued to occasionally share the character with the new owner, Disalusion's player.

Several characters have changed players without benefit of cash sales including the wizard Donomyn and many is the character that has been shared by more than one with access to the account including the warrior Suroth, among others.

HarmNone
10-02-2003, 02:07 AM
It was Truffault's sale and ultimate demise and rebirth that I had heard about. I had not heard the story of Lightborn.

It is too bad your efforts were too no avail, Jay. I guess those of us who value quality over quantity are becoming a thing of the past, eh? Ah, well. Your effort was made in hopes of a better world. Kudos for that.

HarmNone

Weedmage Princess
10-02-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Jay
It is also my belief that the character of Kylin was also sold although one of the original players (as it was a notoriously shared to advance character played by multiple parties) continued to occasionally share the character with the new owner, Disalusion's player.

Heh--I thought so..

I don't know about "sold" though, my sources say Disalusion's player just took over the account. He pays for it, etc.

Originally posted by Jay
Several characters have changed players without benefit of cash sales including the wizard Donomyn and many is the character that has been shared by more than one with access to the account including the warrior Suroth, among others.

Donomyn was sold?! I didn't know that :(

Guess that explains why he's never around.

Jay
10-02-2003, 03:12 AM
Donomyn was not sold, in that as far as I know no money changed hands, but the character itself has changed hands through a number of players.

Kurili
10-06-2003, 12:13 PM
Wheee! And I come back from my irl moving break to this! Ahh, yes. The Utopia of Roleplay. Mmhmm.

And yes, I did know about those transfers, just not all the involved names. Thanks, Jay. Always was curious.

Acolyte Kurili, formerly Zary of Plat

edge
10-13-2003, 10:50 PM
Donomyn had a form of payment exchanged. I sold many Plat characters even after they said it was against the rules. Hell, I been gone from the game and still get emails asking to find homes for characters in Plat and Prime. I had made arrangements with Donomyn to broker some of his items for cash. Then some people caught wind of it and he denied it and we got into a big battle of hypocrites in Plat. Donomyn was a greedy person and bragged about his wealth in Plat. He sold out. But will lie about it since it would be a instant banning of his account if he admitted it.

Warriorbird
10-14-2003, 08:25 AM
Amusing stuff, edge. Some actual meat to the rumours for once.

Fekkin
10-14-2003, 02:47 PM
I bought two plat accounts...Simu had no problem with it as long as I changed the names (Since folks knew the original players of the accounts were leaving) and if I keep the characters unobtrusive...Fame off and so on until I have had them around for a while.

So far its worked out fine for me and Simu. I get the accounts, they still have two plat accounts being paid for.

Weedmage Princess
10-14-2003, 06:42 PM
They let you change the first name of a character?

Vesi
10-14-2003, 07:41 PM

Yeah... I'm curious about this too.

Vesi

Kurili
10-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Someone told me Maali and Zsi are still around...but not. As in new account owner, new names.

Acolyte Kurili

(edited to add)

And since those were two accounts to begin with.....hmmm.

AK

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by Kurili]

Rowi
10-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Kylin changed hands no money transfers at all.

Fekkin
10-15-2003, 12:00 AM

After all the fuss about characters being sold in Plat before, yes...same as they did when they re-created the wizard that was demoniced

Kurili
10-15-2003, 12:47 AM
All the fuss....scuse me, it's THEIR rule that there can be no sales of Plat characters. And THEY advertise no vultures, no powerhunters, no sleepers. All of which Plat has in abundance, considering percentage of the population involved in such 'nonexistant' activities. Since Simu is the one with the rules to make Plat different, perhaps they should go the extra step to insure it remains different. But no, let's just allow sales and change the names.

Ohh, who cares anyway?

Acolyte Kurili

Fekkin
10-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Well, as the gentleman who sold me the accounts told me prior to the purchase, the only real difference is a smaller population. That is what everyone is paying for, that and the constant flow of alterers.

draconis nematoda
10-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Kurili
Someone told me Maali and Zsi are still around...but not. As in new account owner, new names.

Acolyte Kurili

(edited to add)

And since those were two accounts to begin with.....hmmm.

AK

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by Kurili]

Easy enough to figure out. How many high level clerics and wizards are there? Less than a dozen each I'd say.

I can't see Steve selling someone his or Kelly's accounts though. Giving more money to SIMU even indirectly would gall him to no end.

Ray

Kurili
10-15-2003, 03:55 PM
You're right there, Ray. But he was also less than pleased with a goodly portion of the Plat people too. Which selling the accounts could be construed as a slap in the face of. There are others who've left. Could be anyone. A lot of people have gone.

By the way....I still have my account, on hold, and who knows, someday I may reopen it.

Acolyte Kurili

Weedmage Princess
10-15-2003, 06:50 PM
I haven't seen a lot of vultures around. As a matter of fact, you're pretty hard pressed to find an empath these days...and clerics...they're more available but you still have to have someone asking...so I can't agree with you there Kurili.

Ah well...different strokes for different folks. It's a shame Simu talks out of both sides of their mouth. Either you allow character sales, or you don't. Either way, Plat is still..in my opinion, trillions times better than Prime *shudder*

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by Weedmage Princess]

Kurili
10-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Yes, it's been awhile since I've been there, and I know things go in cycles. Regarding vultures I mean. For awhile, they were there, but unless you had one of the same profession, it might not be obvious.

Think I've said before, I found NEARLY all the Plat people wonderful, and I do miss them. Perhaps one day, I'll pop back in. Still have the account.

But yes, Simu needs to truly allow steps that would insure Plat be unique and stay that way. And they dont seem to.

Acolyte Kurili

Warriorbird
10-16-2003, 06:16 PM
Yep. You were cool as Zary, but for the most part, the "roleplaying Haven" believed in passive lazy uninspiring RP...which drove me away.

Kurili
10-17-2003, 01:31 AM
LOL I was told many times to tone Zary down. She didnt 'need' to have her fruitcake ceremony, etc. Cause everyone knew about it. And that...is the start of passivity. Where ya just look at each other like two ancient old fahts who've been together since the beginning of time. Nothing left to say.

(edited to add)

At least the one or two who didnt like the fruitcake thing werent nearly as bad as those who were REALLY upset about Antrage's Mularos ceremonies. I thought they suited very well for his deity, and were quite well done.

Told many times to tone it down-but not by many people.

Acolyte Kurili..I miss Zary

[Edited on 10-17-2003 by Kurili]

edge
10-20-2003, 07:09 PM
<But yes, Simu needs to truly allow steps that would insure Plat be unique and stay that way. And they dont seem to. >

Once again. We all know policy is only enforced when they want to. But is overlooked for friends or shear laziness of the staff. They never once told me to stop selling stuff or came to me. They just posted rules and never once tried to stop me from my dealings in Plat. But this is because of a weak management IMO. Lot of my deals was open and well known, so they could have stopped it with ease.

Kurili
10-21-2003, 01:08 AM
Soo. How much do Plat accounts bring now, Edge? Hard to imagine, since you never see them advertised.

Acolyte Kurili

Weedmage Princess
10-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Heh...

Want a game where everyone stays in character, attempts to roleplay and the selling/buying of characters isn't allowed? Want to try something new? Eager to test that new spell we just released? Tired of seeing "You can only type ahead one or two line(s)"?

If you've answered yes to these questions, then you want GemStone TITANIUM. The GemStone TITANIUM package, offered at the low price of $124.95 per month, allows the serious roleplayer a smaller, close-knit community in which to enjoy the original spirit of GemStone. Gone are the days of fighting for a spot in insanely long merchant lines, screaming mobs during invasions, and roleplaying events missed inside endless screen scroll. Gone is that annoying out of character gibberish, lame references to real world events, and powerhunters. The tight-knit community of Titanium focuses on roleplay above advancement. Character transfers between accounts are not alloed to reduce the impact on the roleplaying community. Act now, within the next 30 days of your billing cycle, and you can retain access to GemStone Prime, Premium and Platinum!

Ready to adventure in a brave new Elanthia? Upgrade your subscription to GemStone Titanim now!

Wezas
10-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Weedmage, if it came out, I'm sure a decent amount of people would join. How much was plat when it first came out? $60? $80?

Weedmage Princess
10-21-2003, 12:04 PM
$80.

And they probably would. That's my point. People get angry at others who buy/sell characters, or they get annoyed with people who play Plat trying to escape that aspect of the game...and though I'm not saying they're wrong for feeling angry, I think they are directing their anger at the wrong places. This is Simu's fault, completely. No one else's. If they'd take a stance, lay down some rules and actually enforce them...then things would be different.

It's Simu's fault there is a Platinum. Plat is the failure of plain old Gemstone. Or what it was supposed to be. It looks like Plat may also be a like- failure in time, if people decide sell their characters, etc. Cause while the customers may frown on it....you see the people at Simu are not only allowing it, but they're helping it along, ie changing names, giving them the little list of rules, etc. What does that say? Simu doesn't care about the customers, all they care about is that $42.95 each month. *shrugs* But then, we all knew this..or we should have, atleast.

Kurili
10-21-2003, 01:42 PM
ROFL! OK, I have to wipe Coca-Cola off my monitor now Weedie! That was hilarious!

And the rest of what you posted was the truth. Only Simu can do anything to keep Plat the way it was/is advertised. And they arent.

Acolyte Kurili

Fekkin
10-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Well, Simu does plan on making money, thats the main focus they have, as should any business. The huge price drop for Platinum a few years back did not happen just because they felt the Plat players deserved a break, it happened because Plat was dying out and dropping the cost could create a lot more revenue for Simu.

30 day free trials? Again, an attempt to generate revenue by showing a player the lower population and greater access to alterations in Platinum.

Also, a close look at the "Rules" being called upon shows that character transfers are, supposedly, frowned upon (requiring the approval of the Platinum Guru), however I dont think they say a thing about entire accounts. Simutronics had a choice between losing two accounts entirely, or allowing their transfer and keeping the income. I would think thats an easy choice for them to make.

Another thing to look at is, as someone said earlier in the thread, Simutronics did not even have to be brought in the loop on the transfer of the accounts to me. All it would have taken was the answer to the security question and everything could have been handled in a few minutes through the account management page. Instead, to lessen the impact on the other players, I chose to let Simutronics know what was happening and they were very nice in working with me to lessen the impact my purchase of the accounts made.

Finally, the whole situation comes down to one issue...does my purchase of these accounts effect your characters in any way? Are these accounts taking hunting areas from your charatcers? Are they in any way lessening your characters ability to gain experience, roleplay, alterations, merchant time and so forth? The answer would be no, so really folks dont have a bit of room to complain about the accounts in question...I dont think anyone (with the exception of the one Platinum player who also wanted to purchase the accounts) would have even known the accounts were purchased, had I not posted it here.

Weedmage Princess
10-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Actually uh yes it does kind of affect the roleplay.

They're advertising Plat as a "tight-knit" community full of roleplayers...

How tight-knit can this community be if they're re-creating characters, save the level and skill, and having them "lay low" ?

Hey, I hear what you're saying about their wanting to make money, and I agree. That's what businesses do..and to be honest, I don't really care about the sale of characters, either way. It doesn't matter to me cause it's not my thing. But at the same token, if you're advertising a product as one thing, it's wrong to sacrifice it's integrity for a few more dollars.

If they're going to allow that, don't have a "plat" and use the claims that they use to draw in customers. Call it a glorified prime or something. *shrugs*

Kurili
10-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Yep. Plat characters are not transferred. That they have you change names and lay low shows exactly how much Simu is aware they're breaking/bending their own policy.

And yes, it damn sure does affect the tight-knit community. You know, or maybe you dont know yet, that nearly ALL Plat players know each other via IM, and often have met. And here you are, skulking about with your changed names, laying low. But it affects nothing. Bah Humbug!

Since it affects nothing, what am I bid for an account with a 63 Cleric, a 19 Rogue and a 15 Warrior, as well as a number of other lower train characters? Alters virtually in the hundreds, and decent gear, including a mithril claidh?

And no, I am not serious. I am of the school who'd sooner delete than sell. And I am thinking of someday using this account again, perhaps. But if you clandestinely bought an account, why should I not be able to openly sell one? It's hypocritical at best.

Acolyte Kurili

Fekkin
10-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Nothing "clandestine" about my purchase of the accounts at all. I could have aquired them without bothering to tell Simutronics about it, that would have been clandestine. I told Simutronics, they had no problem with it....I wasnt aware that it was a requirement to seek the approval of every other Platinum player.

Further, if I do not take part in any of the "Tight Knit" community aspects, how do I effect it? Is there a rule out there that says all players of platinum must participate in all community events, so as to maintain the "Tight Knit" community? From what Ive seen there are a few players who have absolutely nothing to do with the "Tight Knit" community, just as I have nothing to do with the community. As for the IM'ing back and forth, sorry, not interested. Perhaps you would have prefered that the accounts had been sold to the Plat players who wanted them? That way they could have just become pass-around, shared password, spellup and rescue only characters like so many other Platinum characters have become over the years.

Kurili
10-21-2003, 05:34 PM
If you want nothing to do with the Plat community, and nothing to do with the Platness of it...why are you even there?

Acolyte Kurili

Weedmage Princess
10-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Hey

Plat is advertised as that by SIMUTRONICS. Not us. And that's why some people pay the extra dollars a month to play it, because that's what they want. If Simu can't give the players what they want, then they should be called on it. That's my point.

Either way...like I said, I don't really care, but the day I see Plat looking like the Landing in Prime, and I see Simu advertising GemStone Titanium or something of the like as the way Plat was initially advertised...I know I want my PLAT characters as they are transfered over...and I know I won't be alone in that demand.

Weedmage Princess
10-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Exactly Kurili.

If they want to stay to themselves and not be bothered with the roleplay aspect of the game or anything else, why not just stay in Prime and stay to yourself? Why come to Plat? Unless they're just out to prove Simu of being shady asses? Hmm. Yeah.

Fekkin
10-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Simple...in prime its almost impossible to stay to yourself, in Platinum its very easy to do so.

Perhaps you should ask some of the other "Long Time" players of Plat characters why they stay to themselves..this isnt something Im alone in by a long shot. For that matter, some of my characters DO come into towns, I just keep the 'Known/Renamed' characters out of the way.

Perhaps you would have prefered that I had kept the same names and been in your faces with the transfer, just as the shared characters have been in your faces since day 1?

Weedmage Princess
10-21-2003, 06:27 PM
That's not true, it's very easy to stay to yourself in Prime if you wanted to.

Fekkin
10-21-2003, 06:39 PM
I almost think the reason folks are upset is because I ostracized the Platinum community before they had a chance to ostracize me...sort of a "You cant not want to play with us because we didnt want to play with you first!"

Doesnt really matter, though, because I am going to keep playing Platinum, with my purchased accounts, and if folks dont like it, too bad. Its not like any of them will leave over it, best they will do is threaten to leave and complain until the dead horse is beaten into hamburger, which wont change a thing :)

Weedmage Princess
10-21-2003, 06:42 PM
*laugh*

If that's how you feel, then...you're placing a little too much importance on your situation..at the least. No one is "looking" to do anything to you.

And hey if it REALLY doesn't matter to you, and you REALLY don't care and you feel that nothing anyone says REALLY matters..then spill your beans and say who you are...

Otherwise be quiet cause you sound ridiculous.

Weedmage Princess
10-21-2003, 06:43 PM
DING DING DING

Give that woman a prize!

Kurili
10-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Indeed. It's pretty pathetic to pay extra money per month to be able to stay by yourself IN AN INTERACTIVE ROLEPLAYING GAME. Makes no sense to me, but perhaps I'm too logical.

And as far as the steady stream of merchants-ROFL! So you can get a lot of alters....to show to everyone ELSE in Plat who already has six or eight lockers of alters. I find the whole thing completely ludicrous.

More loot due to less hunting? What will your character do? Stuff mattresses with it? Not much to buy there unless there's an event. Hope that mattress isnt too lumpy.

I just find it hard to believe, but that's me.

Acolyte Kurili

Latrinsorm
10-31-2003, 07:48 PM
That's not true, it's very easy to stay to yourself in Prime if you wanted to.

Just go to solhaven. Duh.:thumbsup:

PassinBy
05-03-2004, 05:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8103778245

Zanagodly
05-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Heh looks like Maali

Weedmage Princess
05-03-2004, 08:58 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Khaladon and the others do there.

I wonder whatever happened to Kylin? That account got sold. Atleast that's what the word on the street is.

Artha
05-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Just go to solhaven. Duh.

Or RR. Just drop your weapons before you die and it's the plat experience in Prime.

Jay
05-03-2004, 09:15 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Khaladon and the others do there.

I wonder whatever happened to Kylin? That account got sold. Atleast that's what the word on the street is.

The Man with the Exchangeable Brain has not logged in for months (curiously right after rumors started that the character was sold). Whether that means something or not is anyone's guess because staff is precluded from providing information if action was taken.

But its certainly cause for hope.

Weedmage Princess
05-03-2004, 11:41 PM
I know it's wrong for me to say this, but in Kylin's case...anyone playing him other than the doofus who played him most recently is an improvement.

If you're going to play a character you bought..or play multiple characters--atleast be able to differentiate between your characters. Kylin speaking regularly one minute...then logging out and back on in the matter of a few hours and suddenly thinking over the amulet with Disalusion's accent was pretty sorry.
:thumbsdown:

Anebriated
05-04-2004, 01:42 AM
So my question is, does he not have a chance to win Gemstone because he sticks to himself? There is no way for someone who has a hobby in which he enjoys staying to himself as opposed to facing the many other players who want other things? There is no reason that you should even have the right to criticize someone for paying for a game and enjoying it in their own fashion. That is what I find pathetic.

TheEschaton
05-04-2004, 01:55 AM
I have a problem with keeping my accents straight myself. I have a giantman who fancies himself an intellectual but lets his common roots slip every so often, a giantman who's just dumb, a dwarf who's just dumb and also refers to himself in the third person, a dark elf who speaks perfect "High Elf", decent "Elven", and (when he rarely DOES speak common) does it in a hesitant tone and with a stutter. I have a halfling who doesn't speak halfling, hates elves, and likes to play pranks on giants. I have a half-breed who hates his human father, a half-breed who loves his human mother, a forest gnome who's an expert poisoner but speaks mainly gibberish....etc, etc, etc.

It's hard keeping track, sometimes.

-TheE-

Weedmage Princess
05-04-2004, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure what you're trying to say or who you're referring to, Elrodin.

If that was meant for me...to be honest, I have no opinion on character sales. If it happens, doesn't happen...I can't say I care much. Personally, it's not something I'd do because I like the idea of playing a character with a history *I* established and know. Some people don't have that hang up. That's their business.

However in an atmosphere like Plat it is easy to see how something like that can lead to many problems. And when you're speaking of someone like Kylin (his history..being well known, for a while the oldest character in Plat, a bully, it goes on) then the issues are tenfold.

Also, my comment was "If you're going to buy a character, be able to differentiate between your different characters." The prior owner of Kylin I'm referring to would roleplay with others (if you could call his threatening everyone, locating them then killing them roleplaying...I'm using the term loosely) and do this. He wasn't exactly "keeping to himself." Also for a while, the newer owner and the older owner would both play him...so you could be playing the game one day. Player 1 of Kylin would log on, interact with people speaking (or thinking cause I'm specifically remembering what I heard on the amulet) one way..then a little while later on (same day, mind you) Player 2 would log on and interact with people using the same "accent" as his other/main character.

Also, I'm of the belief that once you buy (or take over) a character, that character should be played relatively similar to the way it was played prior...or if you're going to change their behavior, atleast have some sort of story/reason behind it other than "I'm not Johnny so Lord Whoever doesn't know you anymore." I mean it IS a roleplaying game for Christ's sake, is it asking too much to expect people to roleplay?

Weedmage Princess
05-04-2004, 01:58 AM
The E, I don't mean a slip up as in just having a hard time keeping track. Of course people make mistakes and it's easy to slip up if you're playing multiple characters. In the instance I'm referring to, this wasn't a slip up, it's just how the guy who controlled Kylin decided to do.

MaryJane
05-06-2004, 12:48 PM
talk about a weird thread

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by MaryJane]

Kurili
05-06-2004, 04:20 PM
What was almost scarier to me, Weedie, was when Dis couldnt keep track of whether he hated Zary, or liked her from day to day. And even his 'Dis-Speak' wasnt always constant from time to time.

Course, I'd only had one interaction with Ky-Lin too, so I wouldnt notice him as much I guess.

Kurili

OriginalDonomyn
02-04-2005, 09:51 PM
When Plantium first came out i was excited. I found an automatic Character rerolling macro and set it to work. it took 3 full 24 hour days befor i got the roll that would be a TankMage super character. It had the perfect spred i had done all the math and calculated how the stat gains acumulate for each profession and assigned the stats in such a way that he would have nothing but 90s by the middle of his carreer as a wizard. The first 20 levels were a bit slower than my halfling counter parts who had started 3 days befor me. I power gamed though and found the help of a skilled bard or rogue stalking me. I could soon fight solo with a weapon using macros so quickly thats i could slay 100s of creatures in less than seconds with his melee skilled build. The skill points were never a problem due to the perfect starting roll. The character was too good, i not only had great skills i had great items and they were all altered even my black satin bow tie. I got bord at level 32. I played alot of other games since then and still use the name some times. The original crew of players on plantium was great and i miss them all.

[Edited on 2-5-2005 by OriginalDonomyn]

Jay
02-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Kelly/Zsi just rejoined the game again recently and posted that Steve might return but only if he could get his account back which would seem to confirm to me that his account or characters were confiscated by Simu after he tried to sell Maali on Ebay.

Zanagodly
03-02-2005, 11:24 AM
haha zsi is lame

Slingblade
03-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Yes, the first character sold in Platinum (a ranger named Lightborn) was put up on Ebay years ago and was bought my me so that I could demonic him in an effort to discourage the practice.

So how much money did you piss away in your attempt to remove some lines of text from an overpriced version of a once-great-now-mediocre game?

Gamukak
03-02-2005, 08:22 PM
and how much have you paid for looting rights to accounts when people are leaving?

theotherjohn
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Jay

Wouldn't buying the items encourage the practice because it tells the seller that their will always be a buyer

Gamukak
03-02-2005, 10:33 PM
From what Ive been told, its only bad when people other than Jay buy the characters or items...when he does it its somehow saving the game.

03-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Whatever happened to weedmage and Maryjane

firegirl
03-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
Whatever happened to weedmage and Maryjane

Mary Jane is still about in Plat just been really busy the past month. Weemage ... not even sure who that is. sorry.

HarmNone
03-04-2005, 02:53 AM
Weedy left the boards last year, Ranger. As to Maryjane, I don't know what happened there. :?:

03-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Why'd she leave

HarmNone
03-04-2005, 08:32 AM
I can't really speak for someone else, Ranger. I think she just got a bit burned out and decided to do other things. :)

Zanagodly
03-04-2005, 11:50 PM
THey doing fine

Jay
03-06-2005, 07:31 PM
So how much money did you piss away in your attempt to remove some lines of text from an overpriced version of a once-great-now-mediocre game?

Basically lunch money for me considering my comfortable finances. Jealous? :)

But I will admit in retrospect it was ill-advised and woefully naive on my part.

Jay
03-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Gamukak
From what Ive been told, its only bad when people other than Jay buy the characters or items...when he does it its somehow saving the game.

I have no beef against item sales.

I have always made a distinction between character sales and item sales. Only the former is an evil as I see it.

Some may consider it hypocritical but there is a Platinum policy against sold character transfers/sales and there is not one against items. So perhaps they realize the distinction as well.

The one time I bought characters they were demoniced by me within days, their silvers were spent in fines for killing them in-game, and their items were distributed to anyone that wanted them to the other characters about at the time. I kept nothing from that transaction. Nothing but a satisfied sense of "good riddance".

Warriorbird
03-10-2005, 09:04 PM
The ironic "Celtar" angle. Somehow selling characters is bad... but selling items and silvers isn't. Multi accounting six PCs to win auction/raffle items in a roleplaying haven isn't. AFK scripting isn't. But, gosh darn those bad character sales.

[Edited on 3-11-2005 by Warriorbird]

Jay
03-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Last time I checked your characters don't interact socially with items. It is only with characters that one forms bonds of friendship and trust, establish detailed histories and develop nuanced dramatic conflict. All of which disappear in an instant the minute someone buys a character.

Whereas, a falchion is a falchion is a falchion is a falchion.

HarmNone
03-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Jay

Basically lunch money for me considering my comfortable finances. Jealous? :)

But I will admit in retrospect it was ill-advised and woefully naive on my part.

Perhaps it was ill-advised, Jay. However, you did what you did with the best of intentions for what you felt would be best for the game. I admired you then, and I admire you now for the reasons behind your actions. :)

Toxicvixen
03-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey some of us do bond with our items thank you! :smilegrin:

Warriorbird
03-11-2005, 07:29 AM
:snickers: Basically, anything is okay as long as you aren't doing it.

Nakiro
03-11-2005, 07:34 AM
yep

Jay
03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
:snickers: Basically, anything is okay as long as you aren't doing it.

Nice counter.

You must of been the darling of your high school forensics team (or perhaps still are).

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Sort've like your nice counter. "Other people doing it makes it right!"

I'm sure you're the darling of the doughnut shop. I can play the incorrect generalization game too. Been a fair while since high school here.

Jay
03-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Convalescent home?

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Hmm. Still about 40 years off. Haven't come up with any better arguments either.

Jay
03-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Don't have to. You never really countered mine. But keep trying to get a rise. :)

Its a life goal.

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Of yours?

"I have always made a distinction between character sales and item sales. Only the former is an evil as I see it."

"Some may consider it hypocritical but there is a Platinum policy against sold character transfers/sales and there is not one against items."

Because items/silvers obviously have no effect on the game whatsoever. Curiously I think people may even develop MORE of an attachment to items than characters. As an example, the ridiculous amount of money paid by Windi at the coraesine auction, which she bought for dollars.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Don't forget that Jay will buy the entire account, strip it of items/silvers and keep the characters "Safe"....purely to protect the integrity of Platinum, of course.

I wonder how much he charges folks to get their accounts back?

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Gosh. The free exchange of information is scary. I'm sure he charges quite a bit.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, he paid $1,500 for Krystic, probably would have paid the same for Brigit, except I hear she told him to piss off.

He asked Maali and Zsi to name a price, they both told him to piss off. Interesting side note on that, when Maali's player let someone else use the account for spellups, Jay whined that the account had been sold. Talk about double standards.

Probably the real reason he MA's (aside from the unlimited cyber opportunities) is because no one in Platinum would want to spend time around him. Even Zsi (say what you will about her, she is still sickeningly nice) wouldn't piss on him if his head was on fire.

Jay
03-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Don't forget that Jay will buy the entire account, strip it of items/silvers and keep the characters "Safe"....purely to protect the integrity of Platinum, of course.

I wonder how much he charges folks to get their accounts back?

Again, never happened except for the first sale in Platinum to destroy the characters. I bought only items from people who subsequently left Platinum. I even asked them not to sell their characters at the time too. You can ask Krystic or Kenstill if you'd like.

Jay
03-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Well, he paid $1,500 for Krystic, probably would have paid the same for Brigit, except I hear she told him to piss off.

He asked Maali and Zsi to name a price, they both told him to piss off.

Bollocks.

I did approach Maali trying to buy his claidhmore at one time but never his character. As for Krystic and Brigit, I only bought their items. Then when Jeff and Robb came back, I gave them any altered gear that they asked for back and gave them loaners if they needed it until they bought or paid for stuff.

Hate me all you like for buying items. I have done that.

Characters (except for that one destruction buy) nope. If I'm willing to admit the one, why wouldn't I be willing to admit the other?

[Edited on 3-12-2005 by Jay]

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Interesting that the four of them (plus a couple of others) all have one story, you have another. I think I'd tend to believe them.

Why wouldn't you admit to the others purchases/attempts? Very simple, really....you whined so much when a character was sold to someone other than you (Truffaut) that Simu said no more character sales. Of course, that hasnt stopped you, you just dont want to have it publicly known about the double standard you operate under.

Of course, everyone DOES know. Most of the people who you offered to (or did) purchase characters from were all in the same guild on SWG.

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Hope you guys are having fun there. I've considered SWG or WoW, but am pretty busy of late.

[Edited on 3-12-2005 by Warriorbird]

03-12-2005, 02:42 PM
SWG sucks. I played and quit.

- Arkans

03-12-2005, 02:42 PM
SWG sucks. I played and quit.

- Arkans

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I dont think any of them are in SWG anymore, I left there a few months ago myself.

I liked the merchant system, liked the crafting system, hated the buffing system and harvesting system.

A couple of them are in WoW now, few more in EQ2 and a couple are back in Gemstoned.

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah. I'm leaning towards WoW if I get the free time again. The notion of playing some evil Imperial is attractive, however, even to me.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 02:54 PM
You might not like it...buffs can be a bitch to find and wear off in real time, so if you get 4 hours worth, you are tied to hunting for 4 hours

Jay
03-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Interesting that the four of them (plus a couple of others) all have one story, you have another. I think I'd tend to believe them.

Why wouldn't you admit to the others purchases/attempts? Very simple, really....you whined so much when a character was sold to someone other than you (Truffaut) that Simu said no more character sales. Of course, that hasnt stopped you, you just dont want to have it publicly known about the double standard you operate under.

Of course, everyone DOES know. Most of the people who you offered to (or did) purchase characters from were all in the same guild on SWG.

Explain the logic in me demonicing very publically the characters on the account I bought in the infancy of Platinum? Was that then to throw off the scent for purchases I was contemplating YEARS away? Or did I suddenly become the root of all evil only later on?

Your madeup hearsay arguments are laughable really. Have the people that you say I have bought characters from identify themselves and post here.

Anyone who has known me for any length of time knows I own up to anything I have done. So continue dreaming your little dreams in which I am the great satan. In the meantime, I think I shall go buy a pillow for my pillar. Maybe silk paisley with a nice fringe.

Warriorbird
03-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Maybe your ideals changed? Maybe you didn't think they'd be worth anything? Maybe you just wanted the items.

It was honestly the first time I'd heard this particular allegation.

And as far as owning to what you do...well... I won't get into that.

Jay
03-12-2005, 04:32 PM
It was honestly the first time I'd heard this particular allegation.

May I suggest than that if you are not outright lying than at the very least you are exceptionally gullible.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Your madeup hearsay arguments are laughable really. Have the people that you say I have bought characters from identify themselves and post here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU identified three that you bought out, Kenstill, Krystic and Bridget. Trying to say that you only bought the items is BS and a sorry attempt to divert the attention.

Im sure Zsi wont be shy about telling folks what you tried if they ask her. How much did you offer Llillith, Im sure she will let folks know who ask also.

How much did you offer Sufferin to change her name "Because you were reserving it for when Savants were released?"

Jay
03-12-2005, 06:00 PM
YOU identified three that you bought out, Kenstill, Krystic and Bridget. Trying to say that you only bought the items is BS and a sorry attempt to divert the attention.

Im sure Zsi wont be shy about telling folks what you tried if they ask her. How much did you offer Llillith, Im sure she will let folks know who ask also.

How much did you offer Sufferin to change her name "Because you were reserving it for when Savants were released?"

You really are a piece of work aren't you? I never offered Llillith anything for her character or items. Ever.

I did offer to pay him 500k I believe to change Sufferin's name because I have a character named Suffering rolled up and saved and thought that could make for confusion but he had already trained her a bit.

Although that is interesting. It shouldn't be hard to track down who exactly he told that to.

Cry, yell, rant all you want. It doesn't change the facts that I have never bought those characters or indeed offered to buy them.

Poor little fellow. Did I not pick you for the softball team one day and you felt slighted. So much that you have to come here and try to malign me with lies? Keep trying.

Gamukak
03-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Although that is interesting. It shouldn't be hard to track down who exactly he told that to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oooo, am I supposed to worry now that the Wonderful RP'er that is Jay will bring something from the boards into the game?

Much more likely that you will whine to Khaladon and Melissa, like the little pissant that you are. Too bad its so long till Simucon, you will have to wait to corner them for "Jays Whinefest '05"

Keller
03-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah. I'm leaning towards WoW if I get the free time again. The notion of playing some evil Imperial is attractive, however, even to me.

Come to Dunemaul. Rep The Barren Fury.

LordKrystic
03-13-2005, 02:49 AM

Heh, that whole statement is 100 percent false. Jay never bought mine or my real life wifes(who is Brigit) characters. Nor is your price correct. Yes he did buy the stuff off of the accounts. I figured I paid enuff in game fees over the years...Id try and get something out of it. My wife or I never told him to piss of nor would we. Alot of people dont seem to like Jay and I guess its because hes opinionated and intelligent with lots of disposable income but I have always found him to be honest and friendly. He also offered us anything back that we wanted back that had any sentimental value and offered to sell us back any gear we might want(for plat silvers). I thoroughly appreciated this offer. I dont understand why anyone would post anything here about the situation when they dont have a clue what they are talking about.

Jeff, player of Krystic

LordKrystic
03-13-2005, 03:09 AM

So what exactly is my story? Cause you for sure dont know it.

Jeff, Player of Krystic

Gamukak
03-13-2005, 08:48 AM
You know, Jay, making a new account here to support your position is pretty cheap, even for you.

LordKrystic
03-13-2005, 11:22 AM
You know, Jay, making a new account here to support your position is pretty cheap, even for you.

Heh, Croaker wins the buck. I believe Mike/Zanagan will vouch for who I am. You can post what you want, but it dosent change the fact you dont know what you are talking about. Jay dosent need to resort to creating extra accounts to spar with the likes of you. Ill tell you what, ill even log into my LordKrystic SN right now. I almost never log into it anymore. Come talk to me there and then you can post to everyone how full of shit you are.

Jeff, player of Krystic

Warriorbird
03-13-2005, 12:05 PM
:shrugs: Jay annoys me for reasons completely seperate from notions of "character sales." and his "intelligence." If you can resolve item selling as somehow "less offensive" than character selling, more power to you. It does little to effect my low opinion. His thrilling personality certainly didn't keep you in Plat, and he certainly had enough accounts to put on a damn orchestra.

[Edited on 3-13-2005 by Warriorbird]

Zanagodly
03-13-2005, 12:08 PM
The man is who he says he is!

LordKrystic
03-13-2005, 12:28 PM
His thrilling personality certainly didn't keep you in Plat, and he certainly had enough accounts to put on a damn orchestra

Yes Jay has many accounts and yes it is personalities like his that drew me into plat. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. I dont always agree with what Jay says or does but I have always found him to be a man of his word. That goes a long way. Ive also met Jay at conventions many times and have always enjoyed conversing with him. We're all different people who play this game for different reasons and in different ways. If theres one thing my 9 month sabbatical showed me, it was that I needed to be more tolerant of other people. After playing Star Wars Galaxies for almost a year, I realized that most gemstone players(at least plat players) werent morons and that I was being a bit too elitist for my own good. Been having a blast playing again, though my playtime is not even 25 percent of what it was before.

Jeff

Jay
03-13-2005, 12:29 PM
If you can resolve item selling as somehow "less offensive" than character selling, more power to you.

I can and did. Power up!

His thrilling personality certainly didn't keep you in Plat, and he certainly had enough accounts to put on a damn orchestra.

I defy any one person no matter how many accounts or how sparkling a personality they have (even your oh-so-obvious charms) to keep people invested in Gemstone in either instance, Prime or Platinum, in the face of management decisions about what is "best" for the game.

Soulpieced
03-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Power up!

Warriorbird
03-13-2005, 12:44 PM
"in the face of management decisions about what is "best" for the game."

Admittedly, that's why I'm gone. With that said, however, I think Platinum is a different sort've beast. I think it could potentially reach population levels equal to DR: Fallen at it's height with some efforts of the player base as well as staff.

Gamukak
03-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Jay

I defy any one person no matter how many accounts or how sparkling a personality they have (even your oh-so-obvious charms) to keep people invested in Gemstone in either instance, Prime or Platinum, in the face of management decisions about what is "best" for the game.

Of course its the managements decisions that are the problem, not any players attitudes.

So who is the Jay Doppleganger who posted this?

Originally posted by Jay

Originally posted by Nilandia
Believe it or not, the people in Plat do want more people to come.

Not all of us! Some of us want people to leave.

Jay
03-13-2005, 02:00 PM
I posted that.

Must I preface all my posts with /sarcasm on?

Okay, so the Jay's-bought-every-character-in-creation campaign isn't exactly panning out as you hoped so you are now switching tactics to the Jay-doesn't-love-anybody plot?

firegirl
03-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Your kidding right? If you read the whole thread where you pulled that out of and if you know Jay at all (which, you far from don't). That comment was out of jest. Nothing more, nothing less.

TheRoseLady
03-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, glad I never got the Platinum bug. From the looks of it, there are some folks who enjoy being a big fish in a small pond.

Heh, I'll add that it's probably easy to get that merchant interaction in Plat, and you don't even have to get tipped off in advance and be standing right there where the merchant will arrive in order to get that attention.

:lol:

[Edited on 3-14-2005 by TheRoseLady]

LordKrystic
03-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Heh, I'll add that it's probably easy to get that merchant interaction in Plat, and you don't even have to get tipped off in advance and be standing right there where the merchant will arrive in order to get that attention

Hey, finally something resembling a factual statement on the players corner. I knew miracles could happen.

Jeff

Zanagodly
03-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Well it benefits Jay's style of play to have minimal other people playing plat. He only seems to socialize on the amunet, and puts himself in very good position for high end items due to the many accounts he has. So you can certainly make an argument that he legitimately would rather people leave than come. But who cares? heh

Dajomaa
03-14-2005, 11:56 PM
<<Interesting that the four of them (plus a couple of others) all have one story, you have another. I think I'd tend to believe them.

Of course, everyone DOES know. Most of the people who you offered to (or did) purchase characters from were all in the same guild on SWG.>>

Funny.........

I was in that guild in SWG.
I have been in plat since the beginning.
I am friends with most everyone that's being discussed here.

I don't know who you heard your story from, but as Krystic and Jay said, its a bunch of BS. Yes, Jay has a lot of stuff. He has more than one account.

So what?

We each play the game the way we choose. If it interferes with your game play, be constructive and talk about it.....

......if not, go pound sand.

firegirl
03-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Dajomaa

......if not, go pound sand.

:rofl:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-15-2005, 12:13 AM
So I'm curious, because he's (in)famous... who the fuck is Jay?

Warriorbird
03-15-2005, 07:39 AM
"If it interferes with your game play, be constructive and talk about it..... "

Curiously enough... I did then. Not much receptiveness.

Gamukak
03-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Gee another first time poster in support of Jay.

How suprising..........

Dajomaa
03-15-2005, 09:01 AM
<<Gee another first time poster in support of Jay.

How suprising..........>>

Suprising that Jay actually has friends? Not at all. Believe it or not, it is ok to disagree with someone and STILL be friends with them.

If you are implying anything else, you are just plain sad.

Jay
03-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
So I'm curious, because he's (in)famous... who the fuck is Jay?

Just some guy who pissed some other guy off apparently.

Jay
03-15-2005, 09:54 AM
I was telling Croaker that if I ever attend another Simu gathering, I'd get a t-shirt made that reads, "I was flamed on the Player's Corner and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!" and on the back it would just read, "PWNED!"

Warriorbird
03-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Not like you haven't flamed anybody before.

ShadowBeast
03-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Jay and I have our problems, but even I think this is getting out of hand. This guy's just throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks. I'm not saying I condone any kind of purchases, but this guy is just making up blatant lies and that does nothing to validate the arguement for or against purchases.

And as it stands, selling characters is wrong. Selling items though, is easier to justify. You give a buddy some cash, his character gives yours a gift. Doing the same with characters doesn't make sense and there's no way to justify it. Can't say I've tried either though, so maybe my opinion doesn't count.

Galleazzo
03-16-2005, 06:11 AM
Again, never happened except for the first sale in Platinum to destroy the characters. I bought only items from people who subsequently left Platinum. I even asked them not to sell their characters at the time too. You can ask Krystic or Kenstill if you'd like. Somethin's funny here. I don't get it. Why do all that smash and grab and shit when you buy a character so it won't be used again? You buy it, you own it, just shut it down.

I don't get somethin' else. Why guys keep saying Plat's got such great RP? Tried it about 4 mos, was bored outta my sack. All the frigging RP's over the amunet there. Who the fuck pays $42/mo to text solo hunt and talk in a frigging chat room? Me, I'll fire up San Andreas and just talk in a chat room. It can even be IRC free form RP or shit.

Right, ooooooo, I get lines of text slapped onto my shit that no one ever sees outside a merchant line because I solo hunt and everyone RPing on the net.

Lord liftin' Jesus, Simu's got the hawt business model there. Only thing beats it is the Commie Chinese billing a victims family for the bullet they execute him with.

Warriorbird
03-16-2005, 07:19 AM
I haven't lied about anything. Probably why he responds.

As to other people? Well, if he wasn't a detriment to the product, I doubt people would get that rabid.

Gamukak
03-16-2005, 08:44 AM

As to other people? Well, if he wasn't a detriment to the product, I doubt people would get that rabid.

I haven't lied either. I suppose I could get a few first time posters to chime in with supporting opinions, but thats rather obvious.

I'm just waiting to see how many other names he can pop up with in his support. So far hes lacking quite a few, but I am sure we will see them all here in a day or two.

firegirl
03-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo

Again, never happened except for the first sale in Platinum to destroy the characters. I bought only items from people who subsequently left Platinum. I even asked them not to sell their characters at the time too. You can ask Krystic or Kenstill if you'd like. Somethin's funny here. I don't get it. Why do all that smash and grab and shit when you buy a character so it won't be used again? You buy it, you own it, just shut it down.

I don't get somethin' else. Why guys keep saying Plat's got such great RP? Tried it about 4 mos, was bored outta my sack. All the frigging RP's over the amunet there. Who the fuck pays $42/mo to text solo hunt and talk in a frigging chat room? Me, I'll fire up San Andreas and just talk in a chat room. It can even be IRC free form RP or shit.

Right, ooooooo, I get lines of text slapped onto my shit that no one ever sees outside a merchant line because I solo hunt and everyone RPing on the net.

Lord liftin' Jesus, Simu's got the hawt business model there. Only thing beats it is the Commie Chinese billing a victims family for the bullet they execute him with.

I see rping all the time there and not only on the amunet. Different points of perspective.
Some people do not like prime, some do not like plat.
You played plat and figured it is not for you, does not mean that it is not enjoyable to others right?

firegirl
03-16-2005, 10:56 AM

I haven't lied either. I suppose I could get a few first time posters to chime in with supporting opinions, but thats rather obvious.

I'm just waiting to see how many other names he can pop up with in his support. So far hes lacking quite a few, but I am sure we will see them all here in a day or two. [/quote]

If your post is implying what I think it is - Grow up. The new people that posted are who they say they are and they expressed that already.

Parkbandit
03-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Jay,

Didn't you play GS prior to Platinum's release? I could have sworn my wizard Arziw used to kill you alot a long time ago for your halfling views.

Might just be another Jay I am thinking of.

Parkbandit
03-16-2005, 11:10 AM

I'm just waiting to see how many other names he can pop up with in his support. So far hes lacking quite a few, but I am sure we will see them all here in a day or two.

Don't know you or the situation.. but if I'm keeping score here.. you are getting pwned bad.

You are just looking like you have an axe to grind with no grindstone.

Warriorbird
03-16-2005, 11:42 AM
You haven't had the misfortune of playing Platinum (with him) either.

:chuckles:

[Edited on 3-16-2005 by Warriorbird]

DeV
03-16-2005, 11:50 AM
You haven't had the misfortune of playing Platinum (with him) either. Ok... so is this guy like the Warclaidhm, Klaive, Rorac or whoever else you may think up, of Gemstone Plat?

Warriorbird
03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Nah. He's more like the sanctimoniusness of a certain famous Icemule denizen combined with the sheer bloody annoyance factor of a pair of Vaaloran loudmouths (male and female) meeting a certain cash for silver king's old acquisitiveness, yet not admitting to it.

Throw in a touch of something unique to Platinum, which is acting as a driving force behind discouraging people from playing a very small game and exploiting the benefits of said game at the same time.

Oh yeah.... and a certain French Canadian's sense of humour... if he was an American.

firegirl
03-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by DeV

You haven't had the misfortune of playing Platinum (with him) either. Ok... so is this guy like the Warclaidhm, Klaive, Rorac or whoever else you may think up, of Gemstone Plat?

I am sorry Dev, I do not know the people you mentioned to even try to make a comparison.

DeV
03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by firegirl
I am sorry Dev, I do not know the people you mentioned to even try to make a comparison. Consider yourself lucky.

Hilarious summation WB.

ShadowBeast
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Not everyone who posted disagreeing is a first time poster. I'm not, check past posts.

My name is Myke, I play Khajor, Rilee, and a slew of others in Plat. I do not like Jay. We can't interact without going for each others throats.

that having been said, I am however friends with most of the people that have posted in his defense, and it IS indeed them. Believe it or not, people don't like it when you air their business and lie about it.

Why not flame people who obviously did buy characters. Kylin couldn't have been more obvious than when he'd speak like Disalusion. Or Maali who was obviously *not* if you tried to speak with him.

Like I said, this guy is just flingin' shit at a wall, and hoping something sticks.

Warriorbird
03-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Eh. As lame as I find that sort've thing, my quarrel is more with Jay as personality. We've actually talked about it over AIM before, though it's been a long while. I didn't know you played Khajor. You were one of the folks that made Platinum a bit more tolerable for the time I was there.

As far as Gamukak, if some of the stuff you said (back then) about Jay is true, Myke, couldn't you see it pushing someone a bit over the edge?

[Edited on 3-16-2005 by Warriorbird]

Jay
03-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by ParkbanditDidn't you play GS prior to Platinum's release? I could have sworn my wizard Arziw used to kill you alot a long time ago for your halfling views.

No, thats another Jay. I played GS since it went beta on AOL. In my time in Prime I've played Shallowgrave, Truebeard, and Jeeves among others. I also composed the songs for which Sincerity (my then 10 year old daughter's character) won the 1996 bardfest which is listed on the trophy in the Museum in Wehnimers.

Some Rogue
03-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Jay
I also composed the songs for which Sincerity (my then 10 year old daughter's character) won the 1996 bardfest which is listed on the trophy in the Museum in Wehnimers.

You must have bought that too!
UR EVIL!!!11!1

-part-time player in Plat

[Edited on 3-17-2005 by Some Rogue]

TheRoseLady
03-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Jay

Originally posted by ParkbanditDidn't you play GS prior to Platinum's release? I could have sworn my wizard Arziw used to kill you alot a long time ago for your halfling views.

No, thats another Jay. I played GS since it went beta on AOL. In my time in Prime I've played Shallowgrave, Truebeard, and Jeeves among others. I also composed the songs for which Sincerity (my then 10 year old daughter's character) won the 1996 bardfest which is listed on the trophy in the Museum in Wehnimers.

Didn't she also have a character named Apanda and a bunch of panda embellished gear? I always thought you were funny, but generally skirted seriously on the ooc border, Jay. The panda stuff made me nauseous.

[Edited on 3-17-2005 by TheRoseLady]

Jay
03-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
Didn't she also have a character named Apanda and a bunch of panda embellished gear? I always thought you were funny, but generally skirted seriously on the ooc border, Jay. The panda stuff made me nauseous.
[Edited on 3-17-2005 by TheRoseLady]

::chuckle::

Yeah, I understand the nausea but my kid was 10 at the time, thats what she was into and considering my natural tendency as a father to spoil her, I got her what she wanted and then some. Pandas out the wazoo!

03-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Your kid has shit taste.

- Arkans

Jay
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Your kid has shit taste.

- Arkans

Luckily she has outgrown that phase and Gemstone.

TheRoseLady
03-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Luckily she has outgrown that phase and Gemstone.

She's what about 17 or so?

I think I'd rather have a panda loving 10 year old. :lol:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Jay
I was telling Croaker that if I ever attend another Simu gathering, I'd get a t-shirt made that reads, "I was flamed on the Player's Corner and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!" and on the back it would just read, "PWNED!"

That T-shirt would fucking PWN!

Jay
03-16-2005, 09:24 PM
19 actually. Enjoying dorm life at college and tolerating phone calls from home when she must.

Soulpieced
03-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Soulpieced = God

Warriorbird
03-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Email Cafepress. Quick!

03-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Way to encourage crappy taste. I'd hate to see the clothes that are picked out :(

- Arkans

Galleazzo
03-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Aint nothing weird about 10 year old girls liking pandas. My kid that age liked pink ponies.

:coffee:

ShadowBeast
03-17-2005, 09:32 PM
So, has Gamukak owned up as to who he plays in Plat?

Zanagodly
03-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Gamukak=Selizabeth

LordKrystic
03-18-2005, 03:16 AM
Gamukak=Selizabeth

Nah, thats not Sue. Llillith/Pete is my best guess.

Jeff

Gamukak
03-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Why would it matter what character I play in Plat? Are such fantastic RP'ers the types who would take something from the boards into the game?

Of course they are.

Kyra
03-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Why would it matter what character I play in Plat? Are such fantastic RP'ers the types who would take something from the boards into the game?

Of course they are.

It surely sounds like it, what other reason do they have for wanting to know who you are in game? They haven't been hounding anyone else in the thread

K.

Gamukak
03-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Yes, they definately dont like having things they do made public.

Of course even when they do start witch hunting characters they think might be mine, nothing will happen to them for it.

Gamukak
03-18-2005, 08:53 AM
What a perfect time for this to pop up on the Plat boards:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's not a big deal, and we all want silvers for the upcoming auction. But if you could least learn to control that script you hunt with, that'd be great. Thanks.

[Crystal Chamber]

Tholl says, "Swarm already."

You say, "Looks like we have company."

The voice of Tholl says, "Its going to be someone 100."

The voice of Tholl says, "Let us see."

>n
[Wide Intersection]

Also here: Drone5, Lord Drone4, Drone3, Lady Drone2, Drone1, High Lord XXX

You smirk.

You hear someone laugh.

You say, "Hey gang."

... shortly thereafter....

[Great Hall]

Tholl leaps from hiding to attack!
Tholl swings an ornate vultite short sword at a minotaur magess!
AS: +xxx vs DS: +xxx with AvD: +xxx + d100 roll: +xxx = +xxx
... and hits for 56 points of damage!
Wild downward slash severs the minotaur magess's left foot!
Bloody stump, anyone?
A minotaur magess falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!
The minotaur magess is stunned!

You swing a leaf-etched verdant faenor katana at a minotaur magess!
The minotaur magess parries your attack with its staff!
Roundtime: 5 sec.

High Lord XXX's group just arrived.
Drone1 swings a bone-hilted white vultite khopesh at a minotaur magess!
AS: +365 vs DS: +39 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +84 = +442
... and hits for 116 points of damage!
Off-balanced slash!
Enough force to sever the minotaur magess's left hand!
Amazing!
The magess's wooden shield falls to the ground.
Drone1 swings a bone-hilted black vultite khopesh at a minotaur magess!
AS: +365 vs DS: +4 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +92 = +485
... and hits for 146 points of damage!
Amazing slash to the minotaur magess's belly!
Nothing quite like that empty feeling inside.

The fine edge of Drone2's skinning knife gleams brightly as she begins skinning the minotaur magess.
Drone2 skinned a minotaur magess, yielding a minotaur hoof.
Drone4 picks up a minotaur hoof.
Drone3 removes a minotaur horn from in her samite cloak.
Drone4 put a minotaur hoof in his linen cloak.
Drone3 put a minotaur horn in her samite cloak.
Drone5 searches a minotaur magess.
A minotaur magess decays into compost.

XXX drops all defense as he moves into a battle-ready stance.
The voice of Tholl says, "Uh."

>l

[Great Hall]
Also here: Drone5, Lord Drone4, Drone3, Lady Drone2, Drone1, High Lord XXX

XXX asks, "Yes?"

A minotaur magi trots in, whispering some silent prayer.
A minotaur magess trots in, whispering some silent prayer.
Drone1 swings a bone-hilted white vultite khopesh at a minotaur magess!
The minotaur magess blocks the attack!
Drone1 swings a bone-hilted black vultite khopesh at a minotaur magess!
AS: +365 vs DS: +177 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +2 = +222
... and hits for 39 points of damage!
Large gash to the left arm, several muscles torn.

XXX asks, "It would help to see you would it not?"

XXX drops all defense as he moves into a battle-ready stance.
XXX looks determined and focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, XXX whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
XXX swings a ram-headed mithglin sledgehammer at a minotaur magess! A hit!
Right leg mangled horribly.
The minotaur magess is knocked to the ground!
XXX swings a ram-headed mithglin sledgehammer at a minotaur magi! A hit!
Knocked back several feet by blow to abdomen.
The minotaur magi is stunned!

You shake your head.
>s
A minotaur magess stands up with a grunt.

[Main Barracks]

Tholl asks, "Werent you in plain view?"

You say, "Yes."

....little bit later....

High Lord XXX's group just arrived.

You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
With instinctive motions, you weave to and fro striking with deliberate and unrelenting fury!
You swing a leaf-etched verdant faenor katana at a minotaur warrior!
The minotaur warrior evades your attack!
You swing a leaf-etched verdant faenor katana at a minotaur magess!
AS: +244 vs DS: +85 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +8 = +201
... and hit for 55 points of damage!
Fast slash to the minotaur magess's neck exposes its windpipe.
Quick anatomy lesson, anyone?
You swing a leaf-etched verdant faenor katana at a minotaur warrior!
AS: +244 vs DS: +99 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +17 = +199
... and hit for 57 points of damage!
Slash strikes the minotaur warrior's left eye.
Seems there was a brain there after all.
The minotaur warrior crashes to the ground and lies still.

Your flurry of strikes leaves you off-balance and out of position.
Roundtime: 13 sec.

The fine edge of Drone2's skinning knife gleams brightly as she begins skinning the minotaur warrior.
Drone2 skinned a minotaur warrior, yielding a minotaur horn.

High Lord XXX's group just went west.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets see if we can figure out who it is:

6 characters

Script hunting

Kill Stealing

Lying ("It would help to see you, would it not?")

Lets put our powers of deduction to work here. hmmm, I think its an appearance from Script hunter Jay!

Zanagodly
03-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by LordKrystic
Gamukak=Selizabeth

Nah, thats not Sue. Llillith/Pete is my best guess.

Jeff

Lol I was just kidding around anyway.

LordKrystic
03-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Lol I was just kidding around anyway.

Doh, can you please toss on the /sarcasm next time? Sheeeesh. Dont make me beat your fantasy baseball ass.

Jeff

Parkbandit
03-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Jay

Originally posted by Parkbandit
Didn't you play GS prior to Platinum's release? I could have sworn my wizard Arziw used to kill you alot a long time ago for your halfling views.

That's it. Shallowgrave. Arziw used to go after him due to his hatred for halflings. I remember you having this minor sancting sword of sorts that REALLY pissed me off.

Good times though.

Jay
03-29-2005, 06:36 PM
[i]Originally posted by Parkbandit

That's it. Shallowgrave. Arziw used to go after him due to his hatred for halflings. I remember you having this minor sancting sword of sorts that REALLY pissed me off.

Good times though.

He didn't so much hate them as much as he found absolutely no use for them whatsoever. :)

Man, that sword was fun to piss people off with! I do miss a lot of my gear from Prime.

MaryJane
04-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by DeV
Ok... so is this guy like the Warclaidhm, Klaive, Rorac or whoever else you may think up, of Gemstone Plat?

ROFL!!!!!!!!! This guy is like that times 1000. I wouldn't say warrior(he's just sour all over) but Gamukak jerk is definately a Warclaidhm. He's too stupid to be considered a Klaive.

I'm alive!!!!!111 You all got me addicted to KOL it took up my life and ate my soul I got so busy MA'ing I didn't have time to check the boards at work anymore ;)

OMG NOT A NEWBIE POST!!!!!!

[Edited on 4-5-2005 by MaryJane]

Warriorbird
04-05-2005, 07:24 AM
She was referring to why I didn't like Jay. I corrected her. I feel Jay is very different than that.

Kenstill
07-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey Gamukak, does this post not count because I'm a N3WB?

Anyway, Robb here, player of Kenstill.

I'm not gonna back up Jay, since I don't want you (whom I like to call "conspiracy theory man") to think I'm a jay-spawn.

I was gonna post my SN to have you IM me, but of course, that could have been created by Jay too. Then I was going to say that you could meet me ingame, and I'd log in as Kenstill. But I suppose that wouldn't prove anything, since Jay clearly could have purchased my account. Then I was going to direct you to pictures and first-hand accounts of this year's Vegascon, or a recent Denver get-together where I showed up. But, geez, Jay could have hired someone to come drink, lose money at Blackjack, and pretend to be me.

I suppose the only way for you to be able to trust who I am would be for you to get off your ass, stop making baseless claims and do some research before you open your yap. But I suspect we all know full well THAT isn't gonna happen.

Now, all that said. Lots of people don't like Jay. He's an abbraisive personality. I can understand that. But you just keep throwing crap at the wall, and nothing's sticking. All you're doing is getting your hands covered in it.

Warriorbird
07-13-2005, 06:50 PM
"Man, that sword was fun to piss people off with! I do miss a lot of my gear from Prime."

Mine now.

:)

Guess we have our similarities.