PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Stones

CrystalTears
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
I was reading Ctrl+Alt+Del (http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/) this morning and came across the artist complaining how people will announce for groups yet don't ever use meeting stones, and it made me wonder why don't people use them.

Personally I'd rather hunt solo or with people in the guild than to find a group that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out. Hell I don't even know where the meeting stones are. LOL. I think I noticed one once.

Has anyone used them? Does anyone know if they work well or not? Would be nice if they did cause people would use them more and not yell for help, especially on quests that they're freakin' too young for in the first place, but that's another tangent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Jemah/meetingstones.jpg

[Edited on 8/10/2005 by CrystalTears]

Bobmuhthol
08-10-2005, 11:48 AM
The only time I used a meeting stone was when I didn't know wtf it was and got grouped with two guys. I immediately left.

Littlefang
08-10-2005, 12:15 PM
I used them twice I joined the stone to go into the one near the lift I forget the name of the instance. Both times once a group started forming I was kicked with no notice other than a whisper saying sorry dude we got our own people. So no I don't use it. And I do not have enough confidence in my skills to join groups of unknown people. I like that while I goof up a lot my guildies will tell me how to do it better and don't think I am scum. Ok ok Stabbed thinks I am scum. Heheheheh

LF

[Edited on 8-10-2005 by Littlefang]

[Edited on 8-10-2005 by Littlefang]

08-10-2005, 01:20 PM
That comic is completely unbelievable. A tauren wouldn't dare punch an orc.

Parkbandit
08-10-2005, 01:51 PM
lol.. Tauren > Orc

Take a look at the Ring movies.. orcs were like kobolds.. slayed very easily. They have very few skills and can only put up a semi-good fight if they have far superior numbers.

Orcs are nothing but fodder for the remaining Horde races. Pawns if you will. Clearly the least intelligent of all.

Parkbandit
08-10-2005, 01:52 PM
And no, I don't use the stones either. Either you will get grouped with re-dards or you will end up with a group that isn't really good for the particular instance you are going into.

Iqxero
08-10-2005, 02:08 PM
The main problem I have with the meeting stones is they don't give you any notice. If they worked like the BG portals, it would be super.

However, click on one of these and sometime between immediatly and 12 hours later you WILL randomly get a loading screen and be in an instance. Period. no "Hey, still wanna go?" "Click here to go in ten minutes!" Just "DIE alliance Scu.....loading"

However they may have fixed this, this is just the reason why I don't use them from the first time I tried it. No control over my destiny!

08-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Orcs are nothing but fodder for the remaining Horde races. Pawns if you will. Clearly the least intelligent of all.

You are such a racist bastard. Thrall is the leader of the Horde, and he is an orc shaman. My main character is also an orc shaman, therefore I am also leader of the Horde.

Thrall
http://www.marks.tierranet.com/images/3dart/thrall.jpg

And I've never used the meeting stones. If I'm doing an instance, I'd much rather do it with people I know.

Artha
08-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't use the meeting stones because nobody else uses them. I've found some really good pick up groups, for pretty much every instance I've done, even though I usually have bad feelings about them at first.

Iqxero
08-10-2005, 05:36 PM
In that picture I bet Thrall is really confused why he is on a holodeck.

Atlanteax
08-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Iqxero
In that picture I bet Thrall is really confused why he is on a holodeck.

He's secretly a Trekie! :lol:

Editted to add:

I think he's looking for Spock too!! :spaz:

[Edited on 8-11-2005 by Atlanteax]

Toxicvixen
08-10-2005, 11:04 PM
I so thought the same thing! :lol2:

Showal
08-11-2005, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
The only time I used a meeting stone was when I didn't know wtf it was and got grouped with two guys. I immediately left.

that's pretty funny.