08-10-2005, 02:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/dawkins/lolatarkans.jpg

How's the questing coming along newb?

:lol2:

Stupid lowbies.

Nieninque
08-10-2005, 05:49 AM
Wow...grats Grobags.
You are the 54th Level 60 in the Hounds of Rexxar.
Not bad for a failed guild ;)

Littlefang
08-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Congrats Grolock!!

LF

SnatchWrangler
08-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
Wow...grats Grobags.
You are the 54th Level 60 in the Hounds of Rexxar.
Not bad for a failed guild ;)

Hahahaha.

We have more people online now than Carpe Diem does as a whole.

God we suck.

AnticorRifling
08-10-2005, 09:51 AM
There is a website that ranks guilds on their respective servers and I think we are the 7th largest on Dunemaul. That's 7th horde or ally guild not just horde.

Congrats on 60 man. I had no idea you were Grolock, I'm retarded.

08-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Hahaha, good work on getting there man.

I need to take a break from the game (might be back in a few days or so) less I risk selling my account. I got severely bored of running the same instances over and over and over again.. and end game really isn't just that fun for me :(

- Arkans

Axhinde
08-10-2005, 10:41 AM
It was easy for me to get burned out on WoW, as I am now taking a permanent hiatus from the game. End game wasn't very appealing to me, instance runs just for loot weren't that appealing, and mass scale PvP as a Paladin just wasn't that appealing. WoW's such a great game, still, though it's lost all sense of luster for me.

08-10-2005, 10:43 AM
It's a great game, but I find myself asking, "Yeah, so what's the point?"

I mean.. I can go and finish up getting to 60 (about halfway there), but why get the good loot? Why pvp? It really has no impact on anything. There is no RP, no cares about death since its meaningless, and the extra loot is for what? Capture the flag or Alterac Valley? Ehh.. If I wanted to do something like that I could just play FPS shooter with better mechanics for it, but right now, it just seems really pointless to me.

- Arkans

Trouble
08-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Arkans

I mean.. I can go and finish up getting to 60 (about halfway there), but why get the good loot? Why pvp? It really has no impact on anything. There is no RP, no cares about death since its meaningless, and the extra loot is for what? Capture the flag or Alterac Valley? Ehh.. If I wanted to do something like that I could just play FPS shooter with better mechanics for it, but right now, it just seems really pointless to me.

- Arkans

Yeah, I think that's one of the reasons why we have cases of people spending more time on their alts than their primaries. People in the 55-60 range get bored with doing the same thing all the time, so they roll up their alts which become more entertaining because they breathe new life into a game that is stagnating for the person.

Littlefang
08-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Arkans come play with the noobs Stabbed does roleplay you know. Heheheheh

LF

Shari
08-10-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm glad everyone else feels pretty much the same way I do about the game. Its a great game, but once you hit the higher levels, that's about it. I'm playing a level 18 mage now...and while its fun, there is rarely any RP.

As soon as I get paid on the 16th I'll be back in GS...incognito of course. :D

08-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Ehh.. starting an alt. has very little appeal to me. I feel as though I experienced the game. Sure there is some higher end content that I havn't fully experienced everything (never made a full run of Molten Core, which the start was already kinda of boring for me, and never really ran through Alterac Valley, which I might once to just give it a shot), but an alt doesn't hold that much interest for me.

- Arkans

Alfster
08-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
As soon as I get paid on the 16th I'll be back in GS...incognito of course. :D

haha, I leave Gs to play Wow, you leave to play WOW

I leave Wow to play GS, you leave wow to play GS

YOU'RE STALKING ME!!!~!!!

Hulkein
08-10-2005, 12:11 PM
I like the endgame so far. I've enjoyed levels 57-60 the most of any.

Now that I'm 60 I'll probably play less, but that's how I always wanted it to be. Now I'll logon, play maybe one or two WSG, or get in a raid for Strat/LBRS/UBRS, and sign up for MC runs here or there.

And when I'm bored I'll go to darkshire and gank lowbies.

Keller
08-10-2005, 12:43 PM
I love endgame but find it difficult to get into groups as a rogue. Consider yourself lucky that you at least are useful enough to get invited to groups.

08-10-2005, 12:46 PM
It seems that you either love or hate it. I mean.. getting the loot is nice and getting into the groups is nice, but whats the point in the long scheme of things? There is none, which I find very disheartening.

- Arkans

Gridlock
08-10-2005, 12:47 PM
I got a lvl 60 hunter i didnt like the game much till i was 50+ and could pvp with some effect. I also have a hard time getting groups as a hunter.I think its because of morons that play hunters and cant control there pets.

StrayRogue
08-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Killing Ragnaros and Lucifron and Onyxia et al was far more rewarding than killing any creature in GS.

08-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah, GS monsters are a joke.. but single player bosses out there are far more difficult in the gaming world.

- Arkans

Gridlock
08-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Wonder what would happen if GS got a raid mob with decent stuff on it.

Nieninque
08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
1) You cant talk about end game, as you havent reached it yet, nub.
2) Alterac Valley is awesome. you HAVE to try it.
3) Instances are dull, though as Stay says, once you have taken down a boss that has wiped you before without going less than 48%, that is a huge sense of achievement. (I hate instances, but when we did Lucifron I was buzzing...it was so cool)
4) The getting better loot is to give you an advantage in PvP which is the point end-game.
5) The game is going to be expanding.
7) WHat happened to 6?
6) Oh there it is.

08-10-2005, 01:09 PM
It seems that you either love or hate it. I mean.. getting the loot is nice and getting into the groups is nice, but whats the point in the long scheme of things? There is none, which I find very disheartening.

- Arkans

I can't believe you would say these awful things after all the gear you've NINJA'D from me!

I dunno, I still find myself entertained. I did start another character to mix things up a bit, and I've taken breaks from playing to relieve burnout as well.

P.S. -- You are still a lowbie n00blet

Parkbandit
08-10-2005, 01:15 PM
I still enjoy the game. Alot.

I guess if I was still playing Bayne, I would have gotten bored with it.. but as Stabbed, it's been quite refreshing.

Just try a new charcter Arkans. I have a mage on another server I play when Dunemaul is down.. he's also a blast.

08-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Lowbie I may be, but I STILL HAVE SOME NICE FUCKING GEAR THAT YOU DON'T!!!1oneoneone..

I'll probably be back in a week or so. I've taken about week breaks before, so this isn't unheard of.

Plus, I need to be there, so when Dar is out questing... I can be waiting.

- Arkans

PS: The below picture is a picture of what will be following Dar through ALL instances from now on.

Edited to add: Yeah, your shit ain't safe either Kagg... BEWARE THE GUY BELOW :lol:

[Edited on 8-10-2005 by Arkans]

CrystalTears
08-10-2005, 01:24 PM
What's the point? Well, what's the point of any game? Most games have a definitive end and once you're done, all you can do is either play it all over again or play something else.

What about GS, what do you do once you cap? It's not like you can go around killing younger people like you can here. Not like you can pick up a trade to make stuff for yourself or noobs. All you have is to socialize and help others get to where you are so that there will be boredom in numbers. :D

I don't think any game was built with the intention of keeping you for years on end. If it does, great. If it doesn't, take a break, play something else and come back to it later.

I guess after hearing people in general chat bitch and moan about the game and how others are better, I don't get why they stay if they're bored or tired with it. The best part of these games are the socializing and meeting people. I enjoy this game WAY more because of the guild. I would have still been playing, but hunting with friends gives it a great plus. I suppose it's hard to let go of a game you gained frienships with, such as GS.

Jadewolff
08-10-2005, 01:25 PM
I find the end game to be lots of fun. Especially if you're in a good guild with fun people. At level 60 we regularly organize raids for certain members to get items they might want. Or we'll organize raids to induct the mid 50's into the raiding world. Then there is also recruiting new people, helping fellow guildies out, etc etc. If all else fails, we 5 man some of the raid instances for the challenge of it.

I've also been, slowly but steadily, working on my secondary skills like fishing while chatting away with friends (also a great for when you're on the phone). There’s reputation and gaining faction with groups that give you access to new recipes like Thorium Brotherhood or Argent Dawn. There is so much more than just quests and raids at end levels if you enjoy your profession and enjoy making money.

The thing I really enjoy about WoW is the challenge of learning to work as a team and being dependant on each other. I do have alts at those times when I miss gaining experience but it's normally for professions that just seem like they'd be fun to play. As for RP, though it doesn't compare to GS, there's a lot more going on at the higher levels (on Argent Dawn at least).

Sean of the Thread
08-10-2005, 01:39 PM

- Arkans

I figured this out months ago and I've only really once had to urge to play again after reading some of your posts. Do like I did... drop WoW and pick up some serious war gaming mang!!

Parkbandit
08-10-2005, 01:46 PM
The last time I remember seeing Arkans in game.. we were ganking lowbie alliance scum.

I think his emo-self is ashamed of these violent acts and now he is trying to use the excuse that he is bored.

Dear Arkans,

We promise not to gank so many alliance members in your presence if you come back.

Sincerely,

Stabbed and Bayne

SnatchWrangler
08-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Killing Ragnaros and Lucifron and Onyxia et al was far more rewarding than killing any creature in GS.

Hell, my heart was racing when we downed Lucifron for the first time this Sunday. As silly as it sounds, I don't know when the last time was that I felt that much excitement (He was down to 6% health left when I died, and most of the raid had already dropped.)

Nieninque
08-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Jadewolff

I've also been, slowly but steadily, working on my secondary skills like fishing

I did fishing in a hurry, just to get it done.

I now sell Stonescale eels for 15-20g for 20.

SnatchWrangler
08-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
The best part of these games are the socializing and meeting people. I enjoy this game WAY more because of the guild. I would have still been playing, but hunting with friends gives it a great plus. I suppose it's hard to let go of a game you gained frienships with, such as GS.

Yeah, UBRS Monday night really reminded me of this. We had nearly an all guild UBRS run (a mage buddy from BBC joined, as well a druid a bunch of guildies are apparently trying to get to join us).

1/3 of the people hit 60 within the last 24 hours or so. 3 people were still sub 60. I hadn't done an instance with probably 11 of the 14 people before, with Keilum being the only regular I've instanced with.

We had an AWESOME group. I can't even stress how well we did. We absolutely crushed Drakk and only had one priest, and no warlock to chainfear one of his adds. We had one death, and he died after Drakk fell from the fire AoE on the ground.

It was a great feeling to know that we'll be be hanging out with these new skilled guildies alot in the future. It's been a really great week for the guild between all the new members, MC runs, downing Lucifron on our 2nd trip, Grobags, Gelden, Lef and others just hitting 60...I've had an insane amount of fun the past week. :thumbsup:

[Edited on 8-10-2005 by SnatchWrangler]

Jadewolff
08-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
I now sell Stonescale eels for 15-20g for 20.

Lucky you, I do alchemy too so I end up giving all of mine to my husband for MC. By the way, where's the best place to fish for them based on your experience?

[Edited on 8-10-2005 by Jadewolff]

Nieninque
08-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Initially I was fishing for them off the horde pier in teh hinterlands...but Steamwheedle is just as good.