PDA

View Full Version : Question for you rogues

Terminator X
08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
My first question is that I seem to remember that if a scarab has neutralize curse cast on it (309) that it is, in fact, sellable for the amount of time that it is casted upon it. Of course when the neutralize curse wears off, it is live again and can do some damage.

I wanted to know if a neutralized scarab whence placed in a container, that becomes un-neutralized from having it inside of one of your containers for a good while can become stealable again even it's alive?

Lastly, I was wondering if anyone has the time to go over every single lockmastery pullable and what they do. Thanks! :-D

hectomaner
08-09-2005, 03:56 PM
that would be fun, have someone pp from you and get a live scarab

Gan
08-09-2005, 04:02 PM
You cant steal scarabs, live or otherwise. I've seen folks stun them and put them into containers for that purpose but they arent on the list of things you can 'pull' from folks. That would indeed make it interesting though.

As for selling one with 309 on it? I think the gem dealer will not accept them until they've been disarmed, but thats unconfirmed as I've never tried to sell a live one... but I've tried to sell a 309 cursed gem and he's refused so it would lead me to believe...

Terminator X
08-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Ah, I see.

Now someone list all the type of pullable traps via lockmastery and what they do. Thanks :weird:

Gan
08-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Tsoran breaks down all the steps involved in Lock Mastery on his site. Including which traps you can pull using LM.

http://www.tsoran.com

On the menu on the left you can find LM info under Reference Materials/Lockpicking/Lock Mastery.

Alfster
08-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
You cant steal scarabs, live or otherwise. I.

I stopped reading at that because you are wrong...scarabs can be stolen

[Edited on 8-9-2005 by Alfster]

Gan
08-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Please provide a clip, because I've never pulled a scarab in my GS history.

Alfster
08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
>steal lialte haver
You reach into Lialte's scorpion-clasp haversack and pull out a sky-blue glaes scarab.

Gan
08-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Hmmm, I also went back and looked over some old stealing logs of other folks and found 2 instances where a scarab was lifted. Definately not the norm but indeed I am wrong and they are capable of being 'pulled'. :(

Alfster
08-09-2005, 05:54 PM
I think they're considered a gem once they are disarmed, but I've never tried to steal one that has been 309'd.

If someone wants to test it, i'll be happy to help

Gan
08-09-2005, 06:43 PM
The next bug I get I'm going to have 309'd and then see if I can pull it. Probably be late tonight providing I can farm a box with a scarab.

hectomaner
08-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
The next bug I get I'm going to have 309'd and then see if I can pull it. Probably be late tonight providing I can farm a box with a scarab.

i'm sure i can farm one

Gan
08-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Tried to 309 a freshly disarmed scarab.

Ganalon appears pleased.
>309 scarab
*** TypoHelp: Converted "309 scarab" to PREP 309 and CAST AT scarab

You raise your hand while murmuring a soft orison, focusing on the Neutralize Curse spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at a blood red teardrop-etched scarab.
As you gesture at the a blood red teardrop-etched scarab, it seems to shift and avoid your magic.
>

So I suppose you cant temporarily neutralize it to put it in your container to be a thief trap. Wonder what other spells we can try on the scarab. Stun? Bind? I'll test again since I didnt think of those while I was working on the blood red one.

Additionally you can pull a scarab as said earlier since I tested that too.

Farek picks up a blood red teardrop-etched scarab.
>
Farek put a blood red teardrop-etched scarab in his crimson greatcloak.
>steal farek great
You reach into Farek's crimson greatcloak and pull out a blood red teardrop-etched scarab.

Edited to add:

>bind scarab
*** TypoHelp: Converted "214 scarab" to PREP 214 and CAST AT scarab

You trace a sign while beseeching the spirits to empower you with the Bind spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at an etched translucent scarab.
As you gesture at the an etched translucent scarab, it seems to shift and avoid your magic.
>web scarab
*** TypoHelp: Converted "118 scarab" to PREP 118 and CAST AT scarab

You utter a light chant and raise your hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to aid you with the Web spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
As you gesture at the an etched translucent scarab, it seems to shift and avoid your magic.

>706 scarab
*** TypoHelp: Converted "706 scarab" to PREP 706 and CAST AT scarab

You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Mind Jolt...
Your spell is ready.
>
An etched translucent scarab focuses the eye etched into its back towards you!
An etched translucent scarab stares into your eyes.
CS: +803 - TD: +149 + CvA: +15 + d100: +8 - -5 == +682
Warding failed!
The translucent scarab suddenly transforms into a horridly grotesque image, inducing utter terror in your soul!
A gut-wrenching fear twists deep into your soul. You turn pale and then fall limp to the ground, killed by some inconceivable fear!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...
Chittering noisily, the translucent scarab rapidly wings out of sight!

[Edited on 8-10-2005 by Ganalon]

AnticorRifling
08-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Haha you got scarabwnd!

Gan
08-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Amazing what I"ll do in the name of research.